Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ≤Ω≤Ω≤Friday Art Show 10-14-2016≥Ω≥Ω≥

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Well, I want to have a shop truck theme but figured I’d start with a wheels up sketch

[​IMG]

tb33anda3rd, Cruisin', hrm2k and 23 others like this.
  2. And now... some pick-ups! (Have a good week end all!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Love the 40 but the 57 Ranchero is perfect.

4. Thank you my friend. Some say I will do a full color version of that car.

5. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

6. Shop Trucks? OK, I'll play.. factory aussie '32 & 34 utes in here.. 020049TailemTruck-copy.jpg

100130-\'304-\'32.jpg

100331Wild(f)100-copy.jpg

100429;\'34Ute.jpg

100416Port-T-copy-2.jpg ...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  7. Buzznut

Buzznut

Wow Mark, you pulled out the big guns this week. Diggin all the pickups! Love the 60's Chevy custom job with scallops, and the daydreaming babe on the 32 is sweet...

Love the bucket Bob!

One of these days I'm going to have to get a painting Spoggie

Spoggie and 57 Corvette ~ Bob like this.
  8. Buzznut

Buzznut

OK, I've got a couple here.... Sorry guys, wasn't ready for the shop truck theme, but maybe a shop wagon?

"Lucky Wagon" - Wish they made these '57 Buick wagons in a 2 door hardtop version.

LuckyWagon_with_watermark-01.jpg

9. Buzznut

Buzznut

Here's another from the Blue Series I've been working on (posted one last week) - Vintage Ford V8 emblem:

Ford_V*_emblem_sm.jpg

10. Buzznut

Buzznut

And finally, a '55 Buick pinstripe illustration I had some fun with.

55_Buick_sm.jpg

11. Buzznut

Buzznut

OK...I found one. How about a shop truck for illegal aliens? No, not THAT kind of alien, this one:

SpaceTruckin_SMALL.jpg

And not so much illegal, but just dumb hoodlum punk teenagers out to have a good time... We've all been there.

12. Buzznut

Buzznut

Zapato, if you dig Rancheros, I found about the best looking one I have EVER seen on instagram. Check out @Aushotrods and you'll see what I mean. It's a deep burgundy wearing whites and the inside of the bed is painted white. It's pretty killer. The guy also posts some of Evan "Dropmoot" Daines artwork on his page, and Dropmoots art is absolutely bitchin!

chriseakin likes this.
  13. 003.jpg 002.jpg Wow! Maybe the best week yet. I thought this week, I would do a self portrait. NO not me, but my Hot Rods. I joined the HAMB last year, but didn't post anything until this year. I wanted to see the way things were done, and if I could contribute anything. So this is my intro I guess. I love anything to do with Hot Rods. And this is one of my favorite threads. Maybe if not today, you guys can do a little intro of your back ground in Art, for the newbie's.{ Thanks } My first sketch and photo is of my 34 Dodge Delivery Ron...

14. This is our 56 Nomad , It's 004.jpg a family driver. But with a pencil and pen, I can draw it the way I wished it looked. lol Ron...

15. garage2small

garage2small

not trucks , but they do "Haul" 2016-09-22 15.28.04.jpg 2016-09-22 15.28.37.jpg

16. This is the old U.F.O. gave a $ 100. for her in 78 I think it was. 009.jpg

17. robber

robber

Here's some repops... :) cp 009.jpg cp 383.jpg cp 423.jpg cp 449.JPG cp 512.JPG cp 618.JPG

18. This drawing I use for my avatar, was from Lance Sorchik. He drew it from a photo he took of my coupe at Nats East. It was in Rodders Digest. Lance is one of my favorite Artist! Super nice guy. He sends me a Cool Christmas card every year, that I add to my Art Wall in the garage. Ron... LOWufo.jpg

19. Not an artist but a BAD DAY FOR A SHOP TRUCK .
    DSC00317.JPG DSC00318.JPG

20. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

Red wheels this week! DSC_9598.jpg DSC_9466-2.jpg

21. GaryC.

GaryC.

A lakester for the near future. So-Cal Streamliner.png

22. GaryC.

GaryC.

23. oldsjoe, Cruisin', thehazguy and 10 others like this.
  24. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Just the other day, we were driving down Moulton Ave. in Laguna Woods.
    (So Cal) We had just come back from the DMV office for renewal test. As we exited the parking lot going south, we noticed a car mural on this empty outbuilding behind a Senior Center Building. Searching for more information on this mural brought up this story about Meals On Wheels and a young artist making a good thing for seniors… (since, there are a lot of seniors here on the HAMB…ha!)

Jnaki upload_2016-10-14_6-12-30.png before
    Meals On Wheels 57 Chevy convertible after
    upload_2016-10-14_6-11-41.png upload_2016-10-14_6-13-28.png behind this senior center
    (article reprint from the Orange County Register Newspaper)
    "Jesus Garcia dabbed a dash of black paint to the frond of a palm tree and stepped back to survey his work. A small crowd was gathered near the artist, while others peeked through the windows overlooking the senior center’s courtyard.

“I think it’s terrific,” Arthur Vandenberg, 91, said about the seascape taking shape on the side of a storage shed at the Florence Sylvester Senior Center in Laguna Hills.

“I think I’ll have him paint one on my patio.”

Garcia, 23, is combining a passion for art and a penchant for seniors to create a mural that will bring a splash of color to the center’s otherwise drab courtyard area.

The 15-by-7-foot mural will depict a sunset drive down Pacific Coast Highway. Once Garcia’s finished, he will apply a clear coat of glaze to protect the painting from sunlight, water and dust.

“I hope when people see it it makes their day better,” said Garcia, a San Clemente resident.

The shed Garcia is painting is used to house supplies for the senior center’s Meals on Wheels program, which serves about 150 homebound seniors five days a week.

Director Shirley Witt counts on about 170 volunteers to run the program. Some pack the meals into bags. Others drive the trucks, navigating nearly two-dozen daily routes that serve Laguna Woods, Laguna Hills and Lake Forest.

“I just wanted something really nice to thank our volunteers for what they do,” said Witt.

The mural also gives a nod to one of the senior center’s longtime volunteers and donors, Dody Hohnstein of Laguna Woods.

Hohnstein, 89, will be painted driving a Woodie down Pacific Coast Highway.

Humbled by the honor, Hohnstein said she’d do anything for the senior center. “It’s like a second home for me. I wouldn’t have been this active without this place.”

Witt said she’s been trying to launch the mural project for more than a year.

“I called art studios in Laguna Beach; I called art schools, some colleges, but I couldn’t get anybody to show any interest,” she said.

Then one of her volunteers told her about Garcia, an up-and-coming artist.

Garcia started painting as a hobby just four years ago. This is his first attempt at a mural.

“I usually work on canvas,” he said. “I have to keep stepping back to make sure my perspective is right.”

The aspiring Spanish teacher said he hopes the exposure will allow him to take his art to the next level. He will be displaying his seascapes at the annual Art & Craft Fair on the San Clemente Community Center grounds this weekend.

How well his art is received there will determine his next steps, he said.

“I know I have talent, but when people say they like my art it makes me feel good about myself. It inspires me to keep going,” Garcia said..."
    upload_2016-10-14_6-15-30.png

25. Those are Great Gary and Moose! Thanks to everyone else also. 005.jpg 013.jpg Here are a couple shop Trucks.

26. sololobo

sololobo

something a girl likes about a pick up man!! That goes for dudes as well, Jigger knocked it outta the park with his trucks. And all the other offerings today are super first class. Thanx everyone for a pleasant start to my day

27. Kool Story, Jnaki. Thanks! 057.jpg

28. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Just a quick scribble at work. My first time posting drawings so be kind.

Attached Files: