Register now to get rid of these ads!

New here from Carlisle, PA

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by DSmoke, Sep 2, 2016.

1. DSmoke

DSmoke

Hi all, new here but have lurked for years. I picked up a 56 Ford Country Sedan 2 weeks ago. This is my first classic car. I've been riding and building bikes for years, but after my wife and I were rear ended by young lady not paying attention, my wife hasn't been back on a bike. So, I started selling off what I had and finally sold my custom Harley bagger to fund the purchase of our car. We always knew we would have an old car, just never knew when or what. I am a big fan of the mid 50's Buicks. My wife just wanted a "picnic mobile", and my daughters dream car is a mini van, she loves the 3rd row. So, when I saw this wagon on Craigslist I knew I had to have it.

I really never thought I would find a wagon to really make it a family vehicle. I truly thought I would end up with a more door that I would slam, nose, deck, shave, etc. So, now I have to figure out how to make it "mine". I know I have to lower it, but I don't think I want to get ride of any of the chrome/stainless parts. It runs pretty good, and after a little cleaning and adjusting, it stops. The interior is mostly original and will stay that way for now. I like old, worn, and dirty interior, it reminds you what you are in. I might clean it up someday but will have to stay original.

My bike pic is below, I did all the work to it, air ride and glassed the tank, sidecovers, bags, and fender. It was my dream bike, but time for a new dream. We have had the car for 2 weeks now and love cruising around in it. While not the same as a bike, it is awesome to cruise with the family again!

20160827_111253.jpg
    20160427_202728.jpg

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Welcome from Maryland. Great looking wagon.

3. Welcome to the H.a.m.b. Enjoy your ride.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. thunder.lungs

thunder.lungs
    from Regina

Lovin that wagon brother looks like it'll be a fun build!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. welcome aboard

6. DSmoke

DSmoke

Thanks, was at Carlisle and Hershey looking for parts, now Jalopyrama for some inspiration! Also have some parts in the mail to get her running better until I decide I'm ready to tackle the rust and sheet metal.

7. Jibs

Jibs

welcome from Western PA

8. DSmoke

DSmoke

Black 'n Gold here!
    Thanks, I'll be out your way next weekend visiting my brother.

9. Jibs

Jibs

Anywhere close to Canonsburg?

10. DSmoke

DSmoke

Murrysville

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk