Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Battery Gimmick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by verde742, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Sporty45

Sporty45

Snake oil, plain and simple...
    [​IMG]

2. H380

H380
    from Louisiana

Ha. The local scrap yard PAYS $20 per battery. The state has a $14 fee on new batteries if you do not have a trade in.

3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Instant water pills........just add water.

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They do not go far enough for that to matter. The circumference of the Earth at the equator is 24,901.55 miles. The Earth curves roughly 8-inches per mile, give-or-take terrain.

Modern fixed-mount, or ship mounted artillery, maybe, but not a cannon, unless it was the "Paris Gun" in WWII, or the HARP Gun in the 1960's, which was destined to be the "London Gun" in WWII, but never built, neither of which were practical, or were ever duplicated

Hnstray likes this.
  5. slack

slack

Flat is traditional.:D

blowby likes this.
  6. Not much curvature over water. I guess it could be at dock and firing inland.;)

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Uh, the mean surface of the oceans are curved, same as the land....

Hnstray likes this.
  8. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

I worked at a Phillips 66 station in the early 70s. We sold the Trop Arctic batteries and we were a AAA road service provider so we also sold AAA batteries. Both were made by Johnson Controls and looked the same except for the label. The AAA batteries weighed 5 pounds more than the Trop Arctic and would really spin an engine over. AAA of course wanted a good battery that would start an engine in cold weather to cut down on service calls. I think Johnson Controls buys offshore batteries now.

Lead plates used to be a solid plate but now I think they use a lead impregnated grid.

9. You are right, I'm a dumb ass:(. Damn, I can't even blame that one on alcohol. Really not sure what I was thinking.

10. Its like a buddy of mine was reading an ad once that stated to send in a $10.00 payment, which included shipping and handling and they would send to him a device and the secrets for increasing the size of his penis by 50% instantly.

Curiosity killed the cat, so he sent them the money. About ten days later a box arrived in the mail. With anxious anticipation he opened the box and they had sent him a magnifying glass.[/QUOTE]
    LOL at least they didn't send him a microscope. :eek: :D

INVISIBLEKID likes this.
  11. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Step 1: Write an ad claiming you know about how to make money a certain way.
    Step 2: Write a pamphlet documenting the procedure of writing an ad about how to make money a certain way by selling them a pamphlet documenting the procedure of writing an ad about how to make money a certain.
    Step 3: Sell and mail the pamphlet to people.
    Step 4: Profit!

I know the secret to making easy money on the Internet. Send me $99.99 and I will tell you how you can do this too!

12. LOL this is your last chance to send a dollar to the 'beaner. :D

Gimp ( @gimpyshotrods ),
    Don't know that you are old enough to remember. When I was a kid there was an add that ran in the Chronical and the Examiner both that simply read, "Last chance to send a dollar to _________ post office box." The police dept. estimated that they got away with 1800 dollars, maybe more they just went off of official complaints. It was perfectly legal at the time.

13. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wonder if that is still legal....

14. Not in The City. They passed some sort of ordinance right after that.

I would imagine that it isn't legal any more any place but you just never know.

15. upspirate

upspirate

Should I send this by Pay Pal , check , or postal money order? Oh wait, that's a different thread !!:rolleyes:

16. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

:D

Attached Files:

17. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cash, in a padded envelope.

upspirate likes this.
  18. 2 major things kill a battery too early, excess heat and too cold. I used to bring my stock car battery inside for the winter. Here in NY if I have an old junker outside in the summer, the battery will soon fail.

I get Exide batteries with a 6-year warranty for a flat $75 and take care of them. If my Ford sits all winter, the battery will come inside and sit in a relatively cool basement.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  19. 8" per mile , yep
    for the first mile. additional miles after that first one need to get squared in the calculation 8"x miles squared = inches of drop.
    2 miles is 32" drop - 3 miles is 72" 4 miles is 10+ feet 5 miles is 16+ feet and so on.
    Better Cannons and balls go almost 3000 meters or 1.8 miles.
    WW2 naval artillery went 20 miles and that's 266 foot drop.

20. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

14.4" drop at 1.8 miles. Unless you are doing an ad hominem cannon attack, that's close enough.

21. 26" and still close enough .
    Some can't hit the toilet bowl with that drop though

22. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pre-coffee math is hard.

23. wicarnut

wicarnut

Talking about batteries, I started buying Deltron Battery Tender Jr's, years ago, when I first heard/read about them, For my cycle/snowmobiles/lawn tractor/hobby cars that sit too much and have increased battery life greatly, have some now that are 8 years old and was replacing at 2/3 years max. Have bought all price range battery's through my 52 years of cars/toys and still buy the higher CCA rated, that price difference is minor IMO. The quality difference in brands in reference to price is questionable IMO. So,.........You all can send me $10 and I will PM you "Battery Problem's Solved by Wicarnut", (List of seller's of product mentioned) I thought we all could use a little Humor this AM, Thank You ! AND Have a Nice Day !

upspirate likes this.
  24. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Tried the aspirin trick, tried EDTA, tried the de-sulfating chargers, tried draining and refiling... best thing is keep them charged.

Truck64 likes this.
  25. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Send in $2.50 for a big surprise , get an letter back in the mail, open and unfold the contents and on the paper "SURPRISE"

wicarnut likes this.
  26. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

What the book doesn't mention until the last page is that the battery stuff only works if you have the magnets on your fuel lines to align the molecules, you use the cyclone thing in your intake and the "magic pill" additive in your gas.

SR100 likes this.
  27. cfmvw

cfmvw

Best one I ever saw was a battery tender: you clipped the positive and negative wires to the battery, and the other end went into the lighter socket in the car so you could keep the battery fully charged...

28. von Dyck

von Dyck

I wrap an electric heating blanket around the battery during winter. Draws very little house current to keep the electrolyte warmer than ambient.
    A car battery is a chemical generator of DC electricity. Chemical reaction diminishes considerably the colder the battery gets.

Truck64 likes this.
  29. Yamaha970

Yamaha970

Here is how...lol

30. Yamaha970

Yamaha970