Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest SERIOUS AS A HEART ATTACK

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobss396, Oct 11, 2016.

1. I had a massive heart attack on 10/1 about 9 at nite.

I did an alignment on the Ford at a friend's shop earlier in the afternoon and it put me over the edge.

Drove myself to the ER, parked and went inside. Coded right when I was being checked out stabilized me and assembled the dream ream and did a triple bypass. Kept me in a coma until 10/5 and brought me out of it slowly.

The first 2 days, I could not pick a fork or even write. My typing is slow, but the motor skills are coming back.

Went home yesterday without killing anyone on the way out. I have a nurse that will show up a couple of times a week and someone for PT. Priorities for the day, shave, floss & brush and I hope a shower. Everyone else has seen me naked so that's okay. Paid a bunch of bills on line and went through my prescriptions, do nix valium and oxycodone at the same time!

So I'll be checking in n0w and then as I gain strength.

2. Leakie

Leakie

Here's to a speedy recovery! I went thru the same thing 5 years ago. Take it slow and steady and you'll be back at it before you thought you would.

3. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

glad yer still with us...
    ah yep take it SLOW and build up strength

4. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Hoping for better things to come for you! Gary

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

WOW. Lucky man. From a triple bypass club member, I strongly recommend you find a family member or buddy to stay with you 24/7 for awhile. Gary

6. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I'm glad to hear that you made it through OK. Hang in there and I'll keep you in my prayers....

7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Glad you survived long enough to get to the ER. Best Wishes for. Full recovery.....but follow the doc's orders.....they've got more experience with this than their average patient.

Ray

clem likes this.
  8. Gray Ford

Gray Ford
    from Illinois

Great to see that you are still with us ... Prayers for your speedy recovery ...
    Bob...

jetnow1 likes this.
  9. I hope you feel better soon. I hope there is not a next time but if there is call 911. someone besides you could get hurt if you code behind the wheel. we have had fatal car crashes in our visitor parking structure due to patients driving themselves in. take the cardiac rehab seriously it will help you get back to doing the things you like to do.

David Gersic likes this.
  10. Glad to here you are recovering. Dont over due it. Take it nice and easy, and keep us posted when you are up to it.

11. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Dammmit!!!
    Good job on making it through. Follow the doctor's advise.

12. Like they said^^^^^^^that's intense. Good luck.

13. Replied on the '52 - '59 Ford social forum. HRP

bobss396 likes this.
  14. Take care and while it's hard for most of us to follow directions follow them religiously. Friend if mine did not and we buried him when we shouldn't have. Give yourself time to heal. Am sure they told you no climbing stairs till cleared to do so. All gearheads know about G forces what we dont realize how many we experience going up and down stairs. Do your PT but follow your prescribed limits. You'll be back before you know it if you do.

15. Dang Buddy, I didn't know a Ford could give ya a Heart attack. That must have been one messed up front end. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery and smoother roads in your future.
    The Wizzard

16. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Wow man, glad you're alright. You got super lucky. Best wishes for a speedy recovery

17. trollst

trollst

Been there, sept 11 for me, exactly one month ago, be prepared, it'll knock the shit out of you for awhile. I'm still not right, too much done one day, I feel it for two, my wife drove me to the hospital, I was lucky to have lived through it. Modern medicine is a wonderful thing.

18. belair

belair

I'd have a heart attack too, if I had to work on a Ford. But your JOB now is to get well. Hang in there.

jeffd1988 and Leakie like this.
  19. LAROKE

LAROKE

Congrats! You can't beat the grim reaper but you can make the bastard work for it. I live alone with no relatives in the area and I expect similar problems. I figure I'll go out like my paternal grandfather, alone on his farm, found frozen to the ground half way between house and barn.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

bobss396 likes this.
  20. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Holy crap - amazing that you made it to the Hospital on your own - 911 is your friend - shows that life is a one day at a time deal - take care, and do not rush recovery

jeffd1988 likes this.
  21. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Take it easy and do what you're told. Glad you're still on the sunny side of the dirt! Take it easy and do what you're told.

I guess he didn't live in Boca, eh?

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  22. congrats on pulling through. Did they holler at ya for driving to the hospital while having a heart attack? Ha they did to me . :) get better.

23. jeta12

jeta12

Glad your recovering, Take it easy and get better.

24. stangman05gt

stangman05gt
    from illinois

Good to hear your recovering.

25. Wishing you the best, we're getting older and stuff happens, good luck to ya!

26. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Scary shit. Glad to hear you're on the mend. Stick to docs orders and you'll be back at it soon. Good luck.

27. abner36

abner36

glad to hear you are still here hoping the best for you and yes follow the doctors orders it sucks for a while but it gets better trust me I know.

28. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Wow, glad to hear you made it through and are on your road to recovery!

29. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Wow. Kind of makes everything else seem simple. Take care and keep making progress on the trip to well again.

30. Glad to hear you are on the road back, take it easy for a while.