Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 63 Galaxie

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 60Apache10, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Picked up rhis 63 galaxie 500 4 door. Factory 390 and such. Going to get it running and driving here shortly was hoping to see some other 63s for inspiration! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LG-D415 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Nice.. I really like 63 Galaxies...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Pop the caps off, bleach white the tires, clean and/or paint steelies, buff it, fix up interior a bit and roll.
    I like it!

4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Just dont paint the trim black.........No offense Counts Customs, but...........:oops:

czuch, harpo1313, uglysteve and 2 others like this.

5. N2hotrods

N2hotrods

I have a 64. I love the way it drives and rides.

6. Thanks for the replies, progress has been slow but picking up speed now. Got an autolte 4100, new fuel tank and sending unit and fuel pump. Going to get it running and stopping soon. Then lower it. Id like to go with a new set of springs and blocks. Anyone have any tips or references in what a good route to go getting a 3in drop all around? Thanks[​IMG]

timmy2times likes this.
  7. [​IMG][​IMG]
    Not sure who this is on the hamb but its a look id like to go after.

8. Nice score!Bruce.

9. Looks like your '63 is that Chestnut color that I like a lot and it looks like it will clean up nicely. Good luck with it and keep us in the loop.

10. Good score whats funny is my aunt was trying to sell me a 63 2 door last year with the 390 and a 429 extra motor last year. I just couldnt come up with the cash quick enough so nowni live the galaxy through you hahaha

Sent from my LGMS330 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. This looks like the color you have there. download.jpg

timmy2times likes this.
  12. Now I had to search for Counts Customs Galaxie - yes, that's ugly.

13. Yeah not a fan of any stainless or chrome being painted over. This convertible looks to be the color as well[​IMG]

timmy2times and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. Meanwhile keeping these two other rigs of mine on the road too![​IMG][​IMG]

15. LowBro

LowBro

Check out Jamco Suspension. They've got some pretty great lowering options and they'll make springs specific to your vehicle to keep the ride as stock as possible. They've got a sale going on right now too I think. I just did a 3in drop on my Merc and it came out pretty good. Have to get some smaller tires on the front though as they seem to scrape the bumper now and that's with the engine out.

16. DECKARD sr.

DECKARD sr.

TO THE O.P. I LIKE YOUR NEW RIDE. HERE IS THE 63' THAT MY SON AND I JUST PICKED UP. HAS THE 390 AND 3SPD AUTO. POWER EVERYTHING AND PRETTY DAMN CLEAN. ALL I'VE DONE SINCE I'VE OWNED IT FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW IS SHOCKS ALL THE WAY AROUND AND FULL EXHAUST REPLACED WITH DUAL 13" GLASSPACKS. STARTS RIGHT UP AND RUNS VERY WELL. IT'S AT MY BUDDIES SHOP RIGHT NOW GETTING FRESH FLUIDS, PLUGS, WIRES AND OVERHAULING THE POWER STEERING AND JUST TIGHTENING EVERYTHING UP AND REPLACING WHAT NEEDS REPLACED ON THE SUSPENSION. NOT QUITE SURE WHICH DIRECTION I'M GOING ON IT YET. MORE THAN LIKELY I'LL LEAVE IT RELATIVELY STOCK. MY BIGGEST PROBLEM RIGHT NOW IS THAT I CAN'T GET THE RIGHT REAR DOOR TO OPEN. WITH THE WINDOW DOWN AND UPPER TRIM OFF I CAN SEE THAT THE ROD THAT MOVES WHEN THE BUTTON IS PUSHED IS MOVING, JUST NOT MAKING ANY CONTACT WITH ANYTHING. GONNA HAVE TO SEE IF I CAN GET IT FIGURED OUT THIS WEEKEND. ALSO THE LEFT REAR AND RIGHT FRONT WINDOWS DONT ROLL DOWN. ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA WHERE TO BUY SOME RE-MAN OR NOS WINDOW REGULATORS? I HAV'NT BEEN ON HERE IN A FEW YEARS BUT I'LL BE STOPPING BY MORE FREQUENTLY NOW.

Attached Files:

timmy2times likes this.
  17. You don't have to yell.

18. yeah lowbro looks like jamco is the way to go, springs and blocks for a decent ride. as for exhaust id like to straight pipe it with bellflowers but thats not for a while haha and no yelling. this isnt a crazy high dollar budget get yer car back on the road type of project haha

19. i live vicariously thru many peoples cars timmy2times haha

timmy2times likes this.
  20. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Another example of one cool looking MoreDoor..
    I like it...and agree on lowering it. :)

timmy2times and 60Apache10 like this.
  21. DECKARD sr.

DECKARD sr.

BUT I'M EXCITED!!!!! Well, that and I suck at typing. Also, my job requires all caps so the caps lock typically stays on.

uglysteve and timmy2times like this.
  22. Hey dudes got the beast running and driving well. Refreshed the engine and brakes and everything in between.
    Just looking for a few ideas on lowering this thing. It will be sitting on factory 14in wheels would like a moderate drop more so on the lower side. Probably a 3in drop all around will this thing be bottomed out and undriveable? And figuring pinion angle and such. Thanks

23. low budget likes this.
  24. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

25. Here's mine. Sold it in '64 and I still regret it.
    63ford.jpg

Malcolm and quick85 like this.
  26. Well here she is. Lowered and dialed in. Doing bellflowers and full exhuast soon

Sent from my SM-G928V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

low budget likes this.
  27. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Looks mighty good!

60Apache10 likes this.
  28. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Looks good!

60Apache10 likes this.