Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Greatest link ever!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bandit Billy, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For everyone that runs carbureted cars prior to the fuel injection era, click this lick www.pure-gas.org

Enter your area in USA and Canada and find the stations nearest you that offer pure fuel, no ethanol added. Save it to your smart phone before hitting the road.

Best website ever! BanditBilly's gift to my HAMB buddies.

2. Best website ever? hardly~ I'm pretty sure the Hamb is the best site ever! HRP

ChefMike, Texas Webb, Tman and 4 others like this.
  3. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

4. squirrel

squirrel

selectric.org is the best web site ever.

I just drove across the country, and at one station I had the option of paying an extra quarter a gallon for pure gas, for my old Suburban. I just got the gasahol, since it works fine with the old carburetor.

C. John Stutzer and Tman like this.

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok, HAMB presence not included, still a valuable reference. My Olds is a 11:1 aluminum headed 455. It was starting to give me a little feedback in the presence of pre-detonation ping. A tank of pure and a can of STP octane additive and it runs like it just got a tune up. Before winter falls and your ethanol rots in your fuel bowls, tank up at a pure station and find that spring cannot come too early. Corn is for Mel Brooks movies, not hot rod fuel tanks.

Texas Webb likes this.
  6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

This here is my favorite link!
    [​IMG]

7. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Criky, OK, other than the HAMB and the Texas hot link site, the Pure gas site still has some inherent value surely. Top 5? Maybe an honorable mention at the Hambcadamy awards?

Chicken, pork and beef? At least there's no corn. We might not be that far apart arkie.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

Went to the site clicked on several different states and got zero response. Site doesn't work very well.

9. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I didn't check it outside my area. I found two stations I didn't know about locally when I logged in. It is interactive, if you add stations in your area it will record them. If everyone added their local stations, just imagine the pure world we could create.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. manyolcars

manyolcars

funny

11. It worked OK for me, found one right down the road. I knew about it already but it did work.

12. OOOOoooooo.... I bet those would make a mighty tasty corn-dog! :rolleyes:

13. Almost all the stations in my area offer ethanol free gasoline with the exception of the QT's/ HRP

14. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

15. Not much luck finding non ethanol gas here in the Republic of Maryland. Anything on the list is either a marina $$ or lawn mower shop selling by the quart $$$$! :(

16. What about the Sunoco in Glen Burnie, it shows 95 octane wouldn't that be from a pump. Two stations down my way sell the race stuff but its expensive and in 5 gallon cans.

17. Cool. I checked it out and found two stations local to me. I'll have to swing by next time I fill up and check it out.

18. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, there are a few stations around that are on boat ramps and they are $5.00 a gallon. I paid $3.89 down the street at a cardlock for 92 octane clear.

19. skipperman

skipperman

Shows ONE in Jersey .... I know of at least THREE that sell race gas .. NO ethanol in that ...

20. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Around here there are several stations that sell the ethanol free and at quite a premium in price. And it is the 93 octane premium without the ethanol which is added at the pumping station/tank farm where the tankers fill up to carry it out to stations. Without the ethanol the octane rating is 90:oops:. Only one I can find above 90 is 50 miles away, but I will check your link Billy.
    Also they don't sell a whole lot of it so it isn't as "fresh". I do however, use it along with a double dose of Stabil additive for all my small engine stuff like lawn mowers and the like.
    Both my hot rods I use the 93 ethanol and add a new additive from Stabil, called Stabil 360*. So far no problems.
    My OT DD is a 2013, so I use the ethanol. My truck is a diesel.

21. Clik

Clik

wraymen likes this.
  22. Says they sell race fuel but their other gas has ethanol in it. I'll stick with pump gas, so far my measly 10:1 compression has run OK with it. :)

23. I agree, I don't need anything higher than 93 but it would be nice to find some with out the ethanol. I guess it just isn't going to happen in MD.

24. Not unless you want to go to Finch services and buy it by the quart! :eek:

25. I confess...... You made me look!