Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ron Hickman R.I.P

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Austinrod, Jul 28, 2016.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Will be praying for his friends and family.

2. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

My God, what tragic news. I followed this thread and was just catching up. I had just read a thread regarding the gentleman and his friend on a search for a '32. They were from Ontario and the fellow finally found a deuce, got home and a few days later passed away. I feel so bad for Ron and his whole family especially since small progress was being made. To all HAMBers, stay alert out there.

3. I am crushed by this terrible news. I was hoping and praying he could make it through this and recover completely. Just a few months ago I had talked to Ron at length and sat in his roadster at Walden's open house at the LARS. Godspeed my friend, I am going to miss you.

4. I am at loss of words at this time. RIP my good friend we will all miss you.

5. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Saw on FB he passed away too on too hot rodder heaven R.I.P

6. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

7. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Dam this sucks Ron was a true Hot Rodder he will be missed. Gods Speed RIP

jackandeuces likes this.
  8. j3harleys

j3harleys

So sad to hear. We were just talking about him this weekend at the hill climb in central city, hoping he was doing better. I had just meet him this last spring at the dirt drags. Prayers for his family and friends. GODSPEED

jackandeuces likes this.
  9. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I've been keeping Ron in prayer, so thank you for this update. It is sad news indeed. Godspeed to you Ron. I never knew you personally, but you were a blessing to many who did. May your family find peace and comfort in this difficult time.

10. slack

slack

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Prayers going out to his family and friends.

Bob

12. This is not the news we were praying for,my heart goes out to Holly,their children & grandchildren and the many friends that will morn the loss of such a big man,both in stature and his zest for life.

I consider myself lucky for having met Ron when he joined us on the All Deuce Run a few years ago,Ron was the real deal and loved hot rods and his family.

We weren't ready to say goodbye but we are not in control and Ron is no longer suffering,the family will continue to be in my thoughts & prayers for the strength they will need in the weeks,months & years to follow. HRP

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  13. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

14. jim snow

jim snow

Terrible news.Godspeed Ron. Snowman

15. 31 steve

31 steve

So sorry to hear this news, prayers for this family left behind. Steve

16. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Very sad news, God Be with you Ron.
    KK

17. Very sad news. Thoughts and prayers for his wife and family.

18. Lil32

Lil32

Photographed his car at LARS in June. Very sad. Prayers to Family
    Noel

19. ZZLEGEND

ZZLEGEND

Sad news. God bless him and his family.

20. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

Very sad indeed. Continued prayers for his wife, kids and Grandkids. Godspeed Ron, may you rest in peace.

21. I was hoping he would recover, what a tragic blow for the family.

22. Thanks to all for the great showing of prayers and hope for my friend Ron Hickman.
    He will be missed by everyone that ever had met him and many that only knew him via their PC tagging along on his many cross country trips in his coupe or new roadster that Jack built for Ron.
    I am sure he is hanging out in heaven talking hot rods with a few old hot rodders and putting together a road trip to attend St Peters rod run on another cloud........

jackandeuces likes this.
  23. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

Ryan can we get a Ron Hickman banner?like what was up for 3 w Larry,rest in peace ron

24. sad news to hear, RIP Ron... my thoughts and prayers to his family & friends... God speed...

25. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

CELEBRATION OF LIFE ANNOUNCEMENT
    Ron lived life to the fullest and will be remembered and celebrated the same way. I invite you to join us for a Celebration of Life event to share stories and memories of this wonderful man. Due to the widespread impact that Ron has had, we would like a count of those planning to attend. Please private message Sheena Hickman Fortenbury to let us know you will be there. Thank you again for your prayers and support.

Celebration of Life Event Details
    Saturday, October 8, 2016 from 5:00 to 10:00 pm Open House
    Location is the Machinist Hall located at 12365 St. Charles Rock Road, Bridgeton, MO 63044
    Attire is casual – feel free to wear your favorite Hot Rod clothes

In Lieu of Flowers
    A scholarship fund has been established for our grandchildren due to Ron’s firm belief in the value of higher education. Following are the details: Please make checks out to Holly Hickman and include “Hickman Memorial Fund” in the memo line. Please mail to -- Bank Independent, P.O. Box 5000, Sheffield, AL 3566

26. TheAlabamaKid

TheAlabamaKid
    from mobile, al

Ron had parked beside me at the lsru 2015 but i didn't meet him until this years goodguys nashville show. we had talk for awhile. i just saw this and really hate to hear this after just meeting him a few months ago. i am glad to meet him he was a real hotrodder. RIP DSC00168.JPG

jackandeuces likes this.
  27. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

So sad to hear. Traveled to the Frog Follies with Ron when he was living in the St Charles MO area. Nice guy. Treated people with respect. Loved the Hot Rod hobby.
    Prayers to Ron's family.

28. 26Troadster

26Troadster

i just saw this, i thought ron was pulling through. RIP ron.