Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects rebuilding after the crash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Sep 19, 2015.

1. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Good deal it was the exhaust and not the intakes.

els and loudbang like this.
  2. for sure. things go boom in a big way when its a intake. actually one intake was slightly tweaked. with the engine hot the valve flexed enough to seal. it just cant be very much. we always rotate the engine backward after a pass in the shut down area while the engine is still hot. not only are we getting rid of any fuel that may be in the cylinders but it also helps straighten distorted exhaust valves. even with severe duty Inconel valves it helps. nitro engines are a different animal.

els, mad mikey, Stogy and 6 others like this.
  3. Good luck to Milan, glad to hear you got it fixed on time. Keep us posted

els and racer-x like this.
  4. 1474743791355.jpg all over the lane. Had to drive thos one. Got out of it twice with a early shut down. Plugs looked better. Chassis changes helped drop the 60. To go in the sevens the 60 has to be in the mid to lower 1.20s. It improving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

els, mad mikey, Woogeroo and 4 others like this.
  5. Champscotty58

Champscotty58

1474743791355.jpg

Presto Change-o!

Nice pass. Looking forward to the full hits!

els, mad mikey, Dog_Patch and 4 others like this.
  6. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Was your reaction time really .985? Or did it bog, or being careful, etc? I don't really understand time slips, that's why I'm asking.

els and volvobrynk like this.
  7. My son had a go pro in the car. He will post video in the next few days. I was doing a single so i wasnt concentrating on reaction time. If that was a real race that reaction would have been bad.

8. 1474771530750.jpg run number two. Just before i ran they let all the cars grom the show make a pass. Needless to say the surface was not all that great. I left hard the 60 dropped again. I really had to drive it letting off early because i was out of shape. The mph did go up to 140. After the first pass a few plugs were still getting burned up. I increased the nozzle area on them with good results. All eight plugs look so good i put them back in. I also gave it more fuel at the hit. The engine really liked that based on the 60 foot times. The chassis adjustments are working also. This car is now a real beast. Im sure there is a seven second run in this street car. We are now over powering the track. I think a four link adjustment is needed.

els, timmy2times, Cara Marie and 10 others like this.
  9. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

What you have done is just amazing! Congats to you!

10. squirrel

squirrel

Wow! Looking good!

Please excuse the spelling. I posted this with my phone.

11. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

This is why most Relationships/ Marriages FAIL !!!

els likes this.
  12. loudbang

loudbang

Very awesome doing those times in a STREET CAR :eek: LOL.

els, mad mikey, racer-x and 1 other person like this.
  13. jerry

jerry

Sounds like you've got the Surfers method going. Keep up on the maintainance and keep things together!

So glad to be along for the ride, even from long distance!

jerry

els, timmy2times, mad mikey and 4 others like this.
  14. 1474852190590.jpg 1474852198035.jpg 1474852206819.jpg i took these with the phone sideways lets see if it works. The action shots are from the track photographer.

els, timmy2times, swade41 and 10 others like this.
  15. When i was racing the 65 i usually had my wife and kids with me. We also tried to tie in some fun family things to do. We got a cabin in the smokey mountains once while between race dates out east. We did the brookfield zoo in chicago on the way back from some where. Maple grove has a amusement park next to the track that we hit. There were several more cool things we did. We were a young couple with two small kids. They grew up travelling and spending weekends at the track. My wife did alot at the track. She towed the car up to the line and started it up. She made lunch and watched the kids. We had alot of fun. She came with this weekend and was a big help. We have been together since high school.

els, timmy2times, swade41 and 13 others like this.
  16. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

To me ,
    This is just what a RotRod supposed to do & look like !!!
    On the Steet or Track

image.png

els, volvobrynk, mad mikey and 2 others like this.
  17. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

This is bad to the BONE!!! And a street car to boot! :cool:

[​IMG]

els, timmy2times, volvobrynk and 4 others like this.
  18. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

Congrats on getting to make passes in it again! I've been following the rebuild, it has been very interesting watching the progress and the setups and things.

Thanks for sharing with us.

-W

els, volvobrynk and racer-x like this.
  19. Brian, I was just given this link, have spend the last day reading everything. Great job on the posts, and the car is fantastic. Just a little bit of nothing, but Enos was purchased by a guy in Coeur D'Alene ID (Racers Inc) and back in business. Again, what a car, and what a project coverage.

Doug

els, timmy2times and racer-x like this.
  20. So when does the street part of this come into play ? Time to do a color run or two.

els and volvobrynk like this.
  21. Its my day off work today. Im in the shop converting it back to a street car. I plan on taking it to rock falls this weekend to fine tune the efi side. I have put a few miles on it as a street car but have not raced it as one. This is in preperation for the street car shoot out in bowling green next month. I did a full servicing on the hemi and everything looks great. The fuel changes were the right call. Based on the improving 60 foot times the trans and rear gear ratios will stay as is. Tire pressure needs to go up a pound. The tire is starting to wad up in the pic. Its now all about fine tuning the package. There is alot of et left on the table.

els, timmy2times, volvobrynk and 5 others like this.
  22. squirrel

squirrel

be sure to post some gopro video of you putting around in traffic :)

els, volvobrynk, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  23. my son took the go pro back to detroit. we will hook up in bowling green. i plan on cruising the hotel lots at night so i hope to get video. it should be fun.

els, timmy2times and volvobrynk like this.
  24. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Brian, are you running on Saturday or Sunday at Rockfalls?
    Tony

els likes this.
  25. saturday only.

els likes this.
  26. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Brian
    How about a shot of the car at the Sonic drive-thru, a mans gotta eat.
    Fun times.

els likes this.
  27. im a steak and shake guy. dine in. i like that greazzy food they sell. we don't have them around here so i hit them up when i travel. i thought a good video would be driving the car up the 12 level parking structure at work. i set off who knows how many car alarms. a lady at the elevator told me how it wasn't nice to drive my hot rod car to work and make all that noise. she said those kinds of cars have no place in our society. the next day i drove in with the electric cut outs open. first gear of course. she had nothing to say at the elevator as we waited for it to show up.

spot, els, Bull and 14 others like this.
  28. Although I like how you handled it (reminds me of a similar incident in my past), I probqbly would have responded there's no place in our society for closed minded people like her ( I'm getting to old and crotchety for my own good, I think).

els, timmy2times, volvobrynk and 3 others like this.
  29. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Next, put the zoomies on and see if she comments.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

els, volvobrynk, OahuEli and 2 others like this.

30. Here is the video from the first run. I should have the on car footage up tomorrow.

els, timmy2times, tomkelly88 and 6 others like this.