Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Crusin the Coast 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by frdsuperduty, Mar 26, 2016.

1. frdsuperduty

frdsuperduty
    from Lewes De

The wife and I are going to Crusin the Coast in Mississippi in October.Never been there before.Can anyone give me some tips on where to stay.We are looking for a nice hotel maybe on the water but not critical.Is a central location important or is it easy to get from one show to another.I wont be taking a hot rod so I'll be in my daily driver.

2. Your going to love this event! I'd say get a hotel in Gulfport. You will wind up going est and west from there to catch all the action. The registration is along the beach in Gulfport/Biloxi. It's all up and down the beach (hwy 90) so you really can't miss things. There was a Hamb meet and greet parking area last year that was a nice grass field right on the beach. Should be able to use search function to find it since there was a thread. Tim

3. 29moonshine

29moonshine

there are good motels on hwy 49 in gulfport. a lot of cars stay there . they are about $60 a night cheaper than staying on the beach rd. make sure your car runs cool in traffic if you are lucky you will move about 4mph on the beach rd on sat. there was a little over 7000cars reg and about another 4000 that wasn't last year . go early in the morning and find you a place to park on the beach rd by the water and set and watch the cars go by

4. frdsuperduty

frdsuperduty
    from Lewes De

Thanks guys.Good stuff.

5. frdsuperduty

frdsuperduty
    from Lewes De

6. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

I SUGGEST GOING TO THE CRUISIN THE COAST WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO ON HOTELS HWY 49 IS WHERE I ALWAYS STAY
    USUALLY 70-80 BUCKS A NIGHT BUT THEY GO FAST I HOPE TO RUN INTO YOU THERE AS WE ALWAYS PARTY HARD

7. Blase

Blase

We always stay right up by I-10 in gulf port. rates are a lot cheaper and its all about cruising so the short 10 minute drive to the main drag just adds to it for me.

8. frdsuperduty

frdsuperduty
    from Lewes De

I had a difficult time getting rooms even at this early date but maybe because i wanted to stay on the beach.Got rooms in Beloxi.Not my first choice but we will make it work.Thanks for all the help.

9. Aviator

Aviator

You will never know whether you are in Biloxi or Gulfport. One strip.

10. I am going this year. I haven't been in years. I am going to stay a the new Double Tree> I have had our room reserved for months

11. HRBOB34

HRBOB34

We went last year!
    Great show!
    Just get ready to pay big!!!

12. Is this turning into the who's going thread? Can we set up a meet and great? I am getting there the afternoon of the 6th and leaving Sunday

13. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

14. 4 weeks away I was just trying to generate some interest.

15. RMONTY

RMONTY

I'll be there. Hope someone plans a HAMB meet and greet for sure. My car is in pieces this year but supposed to be cruising in a 36 something or other. Next year I will have my car there!

16. I will be there 3 nights. I am not registered, I am not really sure what it gets me. Maybe there is a better way to communicate when we all get there. My hotel is on the main drag.

17. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

I HAVE MY BAGS PACKED ALREADY LEAVING THURS AM OPEN TO A GET TO GETHER ANY TIME

18. Meet and greet, anyone up for talking cars and eating tacos? Thursday 6th Oct., around 5-7. There's a Taco Sombrero on Pass Rd. to avoid the mess on 90.
    Address is:
    2595 Pass Rd., Biloxi, MS 39531

IMG_1474775120.767301.jpg

Sound good? Who's in?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    leadsled likes this.
  19. I expect to be there

CherryDeuce likes this.
  20. HtRdLcn

HtRdLcn

I'll be there!

21. Leaving in the morning for Panama City. Will be in Long Beach on Wednesday evening, staying through Friday.

22. Aviator

Aviator

23. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

COUNT ME IN I CANT WAIT

24. boutlaw

boutlaw

Taco Sombrero Thursday nite...thanks for organizinng Cherry Deuce....Im at Marriott in Gulfport Monday thru Sunday in the coupe....Hope to see everyone again this year.....Cant friggin wait.....

CherryDeuce likes this.
  25. Shutternuts

Shutternuts
    from Louisiana

We will be there. Thanks for the effort Cherry Deuce! I do think it would be cool to caravan with any others who are planning on heading out to Bayou Roundup. We are trying to leave Friday morning, somewhere around 10-noon.

CherryDeuce likes this.
  26. Nuff said, lets roll! Since you're over in Bay St. Louis we can meet up over there somewhere, if you see a good spot let me know. We can spread the word.

27. mrsmothers

mrsmothers
    from louisiana

I am down for some tacos won't be in the shoebox but will have my 65 cuda with me.

28. I am headed out this morning.

29. boutlaw

boutlaw

Sorry I missed the throw down at the taco stand, caught in traffic in d'Iberville.....seriously....Had a blast.....I guess I missed the Bayou Roundup, was unaware it was this weekend, CTC on Saturday is pretty much a washout, to many Z71's, Donks, Mustangs and Camaro's....

30. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

We went early to avoid the crowds, just for a look-see, but will be back next year I'm sure. I can't imagine how cool this weekend must have been with a full load of cars. Going up, I had a double (both sides) rear axle bearing failure rolling into Pensacola Sat afternoon (9 month old CARQUEST bearings suck, eh?).

Sunday AM we did the National Naval Aviation Museum (free admission) at NAS Pensacola - a MUST SEE for airdales and aviation buffs. I stayed behind Sunday afternoon while my buds pushed ahead. Using the NSRA Fellow Pages, I found a shop Monday AM to fix the diff - the rodder friendly Jerald Henson Automotive (850-477-4212) which is very close to exit 7 / I-10 and was in Biloxi mid-afternoon no sweat. Gary
    DSC_1705aW2000.jpg DSC_1708aW2000.jpg DSC_1712aW2000.jpg DSC_1719aW2000.jpg

Stu and i.rant like this.