Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '25 T Roadster Sports Rod.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Limey Kid, Nov 14, 2015.

2. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Bill, I have seen your truck at a couple of shows, love the way it looks and sits.
    Wilmington is run by the ECTA. Similar rules and classes as SCTA/Boneville/El Mirage.
    It's an airport runway in Ohio between Columbus and Cinnci, south of Dayton. Info on their website.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

3. TigerFan

TigerFan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Athens, GA

Did the fix for the clutch travel work? I sure hope so. Do you want to post some pictures so the HAMB can help you figure out a solution that might have escaped you?

This is a great build. You, the car, and the story are an inspiration. Fight through the frustration...

4. floored

floored

Defeat is not an option! I've been patiently waiting for next weekend to get here so I can see your roadster in real life. Good Luck, and hoping to meet you soon.

Ron

5. Harms Way

Harms Way

Stu,....... Hold Fast !, Dig Deep !.... This WILL happen,....

If a worn out old "curmudgeon",... Could be of help. You have my number Pal.

6. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

ECTA-----East Coast Timing Ass. DUH-----I know exactly where the air strip is!!!! Have talked to couple of Buddies more than once about trying to take a Bonneville car to run there. It's a heck of a lot easier for a midwest group to get to Wilmington Ohio for a shake down/lets see how it runs go than it is to get to Bonneville Utah to test it. I had it in my head the first time out goal was some sort of a road course and ECTA was an acronym for the sponsoring body. Next time I'll think about it before I blurt it out. I'm committed to the Newport In. hill climb on the same week end, I'd really like to see the car make it's debut but I can't do both. I'm sure you'll beat your clutch cable problem, and don't forget you've got a WHOLE BUNCH of HAMBers pulling for you, if you need help, describe it and ASK for it!!! It WILL happen. Bill Rinaldi

7. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

See also if you could change the leverage at the bell housing side of things. Hang in there!

8. Don't give up now! You're so close!

9. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Some pictures from the build to give a sence of how tight I am for space. It's a 23 T with 26 hood sides. It has a full non removable floor on the bottom of the frame rails. From firewall to radiator is 26". The grille shell is 20" wide, the firewall is 25" wide. There's 10lbs of poop in a 5lbs bag. As an indicator, to adjust the clutch at the bellhousing I need to take out the battery. To get the battery out i need to take out the starter first. I had to fit all my components/parts into a given small space. It all fits, just, and to get to anything, you may have to take something else off first. I think it's just my piss poor design of my pedal box.

Attached Files:

kiwijeff, Stogy and volvobrynk like this.
  10. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Is there a place to put a cable ratio lever some place in-line of the cable? It's just a pivot /lever that has different lengths - so you can get more clutch action for given pedal input.

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. Quite a quandary .....can you put a slot in the floor so a lengthened clutch lever can extend through the floor and operate a reshaped rod to the throw out arm or clutch master cylinder....whichever is appropriate? That assumes you can remove the clutch pedal.

I know what you're up against. The Whiskey Ridge Special wore me out on redesigns when I built it and after I started driving it.

Charlie

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  12. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

You got this Stewart!

13. millersgarage

millersgarage

It's ALIVE!!
    And some much anticipated laps around the 'hood

14. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Sometimes in life you need tea and sympathy, other times you need a slap upside the head. Jeff came round this morning, saw what I couldn't, and we fixed it. James came over at that point and advised on the clutch. It has been a long week this bloody thing has faught me to the end. As Erik reminded me today "I was just being a drama queen". Shut up, think it through, and get it done! Just needed a new perspective, and a slap upside the head!
    It revs great, can't wait to open this thing up. Thanks everybody.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

kiwijeff, Stogy, The 39 guy and 4 others like this.
  15. AHotRod

AHotRod

It looks and sounds AWESOME !
    I LOVE IT !

16. You Beauty!!!!!!
    Charlie.

17. robbovius

robbovius

Nice work Stewart, that thing is utterly Bitchen ;-)

18. Kickass! It sounds fantastic!

19. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg So I DROVE it out on the street and took some pictures in its race trim. Just need to bleed the brakes one more time and we are ready to go. Last image is of the deck lid which was made by Jimmy and Nate, where everybody who helped and the kids that painted it signed it for me. The deck lid, and hood top made by Clark, are my favourite parts on the car.
    It's been a hard road but we got there in the end. I could not have done this alone. Friends helped me a LOT, these pictures couldn't have been taken today without them. I am forever in their debt. Thank you guys.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

kiwijeff, Stogy, The 39 guy and 11 others like this.
  20. SimonSez

SimonSez

That's awesome - been watching the thread since the beginning and real glad you made it!!

volvobrynk likes this.
  21. metal man

metal man

You are quite welcome, my friend. I wish you lived closer so we could do this all the time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

volvobrynk likes this.
  22. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

Just.....bad.....ass! Congrats!

23. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

SEE!! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!! Sorry, I was shouting over the loud but sweeet exhaust note. Got all the safety stuff you need to run? I would make a headrest unit to clamp or weld to that drivers side rear downtube. I know that ECTA does not require a HANS at lower speeds. Belts, fire system? Hope you have got everything sussed as per their Rulebook........

Good grief---I`m on tenderhooks now....that is what 30 plus years at the Salt will do....:oops::rolleyes:o_O:D
    Go get `em Stewart !!!

24. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Welded the headrest on last night. Belts are in. Don't needHans or fire system. Got my helmet suit and undies.
    Didn't get time for a test run so my licensing run will be it. We can do this.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

kiwijeff, AHotRod, SR100 and 3 others like this.
  25. charlesf

charlesf

I was going to call, to be sure we were still "on." See you in Wilmington. BTW, if time permits we should have a celebratory dinner on Friday. I'll bet the crew will pitch in to pick up your tab!

Chuck

AHotRod likes this.
  26. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Well dang.... congrats all around! Gary

27. I would still run a HANS or something similar. Even a slower spin out and sudden stop could be enough to make your head wanna leave your neck. That thing turned out really cool!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    volvobrynk likes this.
  28. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

I can`t stand it......PICS AND REPORT NEEDED!!.....Shouting again. Too hyped up.

And i`m not even anywhere close!!! Go get em....

volvobrynk likes this.
  29. TigerFan

TigerFan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Athens, GA

30. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Pictures and report when I'm back on Monday.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

Kiwi Tinbender and Blues4U like this.