Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Wanted: Dead or Alive

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bandit Billy, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am looking for help in the Portland Metro area from my HAMB brethren in tracking down a black 50's T-Bird with continental rear tire kit that backed into my car last night at Beaches Cruise-in. Witnesses said the driver got out, saw the damage, pretended to leave me a note and then ran away like a cowardly little school girl.

The witnesses did not get a plate or a very good description of the T-bird (they sell alcohol at the cruise in obviously). Likely a baby bird from the description. Black and apparently in surprisingly nice condition.

I have alerted local car clubs and my buddies active in our hobby. The HAMB has a large presence locally so perhaps one of you can assist me. I doubt, judging by the lack of moral fiber of the driver of the bird, that he is a member of this chat-ciety.

This act of selfishness and cowardice ruined my evening and will impact my wallet as well as my eagerness to participate in such events. It is an ugly commentary on some of the people we share our pastime with.

Your help is appreciated. Karma will get him sooner or later but I'd like my shot at him first.

If, by some small chance you are reading this and are the one responsible I suggest contacting me and making arrangements to pay for the damage. If you do this on a continual and habitual level and not sure if my car was the one of the vehicles you backed into last night, it was the 69 hugger orange Camaro with a fresh dent in the rear bumper.

2. Shouldn't be that hard to track down a nice black 55-57 T bird around your town, good luck to you

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Hope he steps up and does the right thing, well, a second chance right thing anyway.

4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Really a shitty thing of them to do Billy, hope this has a happy ending.
    You might contact Bird Brains in Aurora about this.
    503-678-5599

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good call Doug. It irks me that someone would do this regardless of whether it is a $70k Camaro or a damn hybrid ricer grocery getter. If it had been my roadster I'd be furious...and have a big dent in my gas tank.

Karmas a bitch, I know...dated her for a while. Nice legs, mean temper.

lothiandon1940 and Old-Soul like this.
  6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

You shouldn't have any trouble finding him unless he sells the car or keeps it parked in the garage for the next 5 years :D
    When you do, collect your payment from him in cash or by other means ;)

7. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Blue One, Ill take "other means" for 200

8. Not trying to be an ass here but thought I would share. Years ago I had my daily parked at a gas station. Went inside and when I came out my drivers door was mangled. A guy came up and said he saw it happen and the culprit took off south bound on Rt 4. With a description in hand (but no tag #) I hauled off after him. Never saw or caught up to him, figured he turned off some where. Went back to the station to see if the employee or any one got a tag number. Found out the SOB that led me on the chase was the one that did it and the employee thought we were exchanging info since he came right up to me when I went out.
    Slick SOB, I'll give him that. So I guess the moral is if you didn't see it or get the names and numbers of the people that did its a hard road ahead. Hope your story has a better ending.

9. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Its hard to believe other car people can be such douche bags. A bump to the top is all I can do for you.Good Luck finding him

PunkAssGearhead88 likes this.
  10. jeta12

jeta12

That just sucks....Integrity, pass it on.

11. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's not right. Now, if that douche bag at the station was driving a classic car you'd know how I feel. As it was he probably driving a POS, which seems to suit his personality.

12. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Damn, I got hit a few months ago and 20 witnesses took cell phone photos before I even got out of the car. Seems like you can't pick your nose anymore without someone pointing a camera at you. Odd no one took any, but if you got their info they might help later if you come up with a suspect in denial.

13. I didn't know what he was driving, he moved it before I came out. I was not trying to compare it to your douche bag. I'm just saying some times things are not always as they seem.
    As far as fucking up a classic car, yeah that sucks big time.

lothiandon1940 and Hnstray like this.
  14. happened to a friend's 50's custom at our Saturday night hamburger drive in - sadly it was a bump and run that no body saw....just couldn't believe it.....

15. k9racer

k9racer

For some reason the Robert Williams art work showing the milk man backing into a 50 merc comes to mind. I hope you are able to collect. If not talk bad about him to every one you come into contact with. "If it is the truth their is not one thing he can do to make you stop talking bad about him". . This is a quote from my lawyer.. good luck... Bobby

16. slack

slack

That's shitty.:cool: but don't take the law into your own hands. Trust me o_O. Better to fix it and forget about about it VS the problems it can bring into your life. I'm told it's a felony charge if someone has to go to the hospital these days. These things have a way of working themselves out. This dip shit will turn up. ;)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    Hnstray likes this.
  17. mike bowling

mike bowling

Sorry to hear about your car- probably some rich hipster a-hole ( or an old blind person that backs up till he hits something, then puts it in drive). Insurance as a last resort?
    Good luck.

18. dan31

dan31

Thats a shit ass thing to do . The guy may have been drinking and didn't wants the cops involved ,but still. Someone will dime him out if you keep asking around.

falcongeorge likes this.
  19. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In a day and age where cell phone cameras are everywhere it is hard to fathom no one got a picture of the car or plate. A couple of great buddies from Portland are coming to the rescue with NOS parts, they too could not believe that would happen at a local cruise in.

I'm not jjjjjaded but I used to think I could tell a person from the car they drove. Truth is any jack wagon can buy an old car, doesn't mean they walk the walk.

If you ever need stuff for a 60's f body, Kibby at Super Chevy Parts on Stark in Portland is a first class example of a classic car guy (he is the "classic" component in that descriptor).

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

truth. Ours is a small world, you will find this guy.

21. Careful, that kind of talk REALLY gets some guys polkadot panties bunched up. Had several hambers tell me the other night that guys that just write a check are just as good as those that build in this lifestyle.

I'm betting the guy was drinking and didn't want cops involved on any level. I see drunks do lots of stupid things.

wraymen likes this.
  22. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Final Beaches PIR cruise-in Wed. Sept.28.
    Last chance to get the word out while it's fresh on peoples minds.
    Billy, it may look tacky, (to some) but a sign in front of the car would sure get people talk'n.
    Another approach, (this may be a reach), but the perps car sounded pretty specific, may consider scanning past event photos from the internet. Some pople don't always park in the same spot from event to event and you may spot a familiar car that may have been parked next to the T-Bird in the past.
    Worth a shot, good luck.

dan31 likes this.
  23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I would ABSOLUTELY do the sign, and I would tape one to the back of my shirt as well. Someone is gonna know this guy, and almost ANY car guy is going to be PISSED by what he did.

lothiandon1940 and Sporty45 like this.
  24. alchemy

alchemy

We were walking around Back to the Fifties in St. Paul a decade ago and saw a guy in an early T-bird back right into a '57 Chevy. Must be a T-bird thing.

25. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Billy.....Sorry to hear about this. There is no guarantee of good behaviour anywhere, Beaches Cruise, Gas Station, or, in my daughters case, the Coffee Shop on her first solo drive in her new car. You can try to get a result, but the angst it produces is sometimes too much to take. Glad Kibby and Mike could help. I would fix it, take a calming breath and move forward.

The sign is a great idea. Worth a shot.......but I would call it done if you get no leads....

lothiandon1940 and Bandit Billy like this.
  26. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

When a thread is deleted by one of the moderators because it's too controversial it's not appropriate to bring it back up in a different thread. Please try to remember that in the future....

27. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

I would be pissed off as you are ,mate just fix your car and move past this shit head, to many good people in old car scene to bother about the other pricks and if the culprit happens to man up !, tell him to fuck off as he is not worth bothering about and you don't need his money or anything else so FUCK OFF

28. Billy you might check & see if there is a local small bird club or even a regular T-bird club. Someone might be able to give you the number on small black T-birds . File a police report if you haven't already done so if you decide use your insurance.
    Had that happen to the wifes bird back in Lincoln ,Neb @ an America Cruise & it was a vender pulling his trailer that clipped the back of her bird. He never stopped or left a message but some good folks got his license number. Turned it into the local sheriff & he ran the number & said the guy was from a city in western Neb & they are very tight in that area & he doubted that anything would get done. Her insurance took care of the repair to the tune of a new rear bumper. I sure wish I knew who the vender was but never did find out. Hope you find the S O B.

29. Just found this club ,check them out.
    Rosecitythunderbirds.org

falcongeorge likes this.