Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Custom wheel spacer build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Barry44, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Barry44

Barry44

I need to have someone build a set of custom wheel spacers for my 32 roadster. I could go to the internet for a vendor but would like to get your opinion....best of the best at a fair price. Thanks

2. Hey Barry,

We need to know the why, where, what for. What kind of wheels what type of brakes clue us in a little more here so it's easier to help you. What are the bolt patterns you are trying to change and to what. Show us some pictures to please.

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Not in favour of them, have the wheels off set to suit or widen your rear end

4. F&J

F&J

From what I have read, slip-on spacers are limited to 1/2? thick maximum, and not stacked to be thicker.

If the spacer needs to be more than 1/2", you have to use a spacer/adapter and these are a minimum of 1-1/4" thick to allow for the studs pressed into them, and have room for the nuts that hold it to the axle.

The best ones are "hub centric" as the center hole fits snug on the raised hub of the axle or front drum/disc rotor.

These can be made with same pattern on both bolt circles, or mix/match.

I saw a custom adapter site, where you fill out the things you want, then they build it. I think was a little over $100 if you wanted a custom size center hole.

5. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Barry -

You need to better explain what you want...rather than have everyone...assume.

Mike

6. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

Just had a set made for an off topic dually to add space between the bigger rear tires i bought. They were around 300. aluminum is cheaper i hade mine made hubcentric out of steel. I dont truck those crappy ebay specials. If they have the size you want in stock there like 220 i think. Pm if you want the company info. There made in the usa all i.d. stamped with a lifetime warranty.