Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Is your neighborhood hamb friendly

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by timmy2times, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Wow what a show man love that burn orange 48-53 chevy truck. Even my work is hamb friendly the main boss had his 57 caddy on the shop lift today. I said hey arent you suposed to be working on our tool trucks

Sent from my LGMS330 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. 1blown57

1blown57
    from Florida

3. 1blown57 likes this.
  4. The oldest vehicle in my neighborhood is a 2007 Honda Odyssey. That speaks volumes for this neighborhood.
    I think they whisper behind my back.
    I'm the only one responsible for cluttering it up with shit.

Attached Files:

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

It's funny. We have all picked something different to do with our time other than the rest of the masses.
    I really think most of them are really dumbfounded by our hobby and ability.
    Went to my first cruise-in this past Friday with my grandson.
    In the first hour I had five people ask me if I built it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  6. 1blown57

1blown57
    from Florida

7. 1blown57

1blown57
    from Florida

8. 1blown57

1blown57
    from Florida

9. 1blown57

1blown57
    from Florida

10. 1blown57

1blown57
    from Florida

11. 1blown57

1blown57
    from Florida

12. 1blown57

1blown57
    from Florida

13. 1blown57

1blown57
    from Florida

14. 1blown57

1blown57
    from Florida

15. 1blown57

1blown57
    from Florida

16. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

===The hot rod in my driveway scenario===....So many people that I come into contact with, really seem bewildered about the whole idea ''building'' a car at home, especially one that ''looks old'' and has old parts visible from the road in fenced in yards ...just the idea that it is ''there'' scares them....many of us grew up around ''keeping our cars running right'' by our own skills, learning as we went along..........but now, it's all about 'new' and 'how many gadgets' it has with the sticker price....and the 'future' developments and how many cars will drive themselves into a Utopian mentality...and how the modern neighborhoods will function with everyone cornered into 'modern' and universal mindset.

It really is out of the mainstream now, that people actually work on their own cars anymore in general...and actually ''want to'' ...because so many now, can't work on anything because it's so high-tech, plain and simple, and skills are replaced...it has morphed out of the ordinary way we 'used to do things' into a mentality of not knowing anything at all about cars! Unless one has grown up around cars, and worked on them consistently, or hung around a crowd that did... it's every bit a learning process from every angle...and many, who have chosen the high tech cars don't want anything to do with anything old and what the past was inclined to do with a ''hands on'' way of life...it doesn't represent progress apparently!....it's easier to figure someone else will fix it 'away' from the driveway, and that money spent is meant to be shown off as successful, and how dare anyone park an old car in a neighborhood that is up and coming!.....so, if an old hot rod or car is sitting in a yard, and all the "keeping up with the Jones' " crowd see it...they immediately get concerned and are not sure of what the car represents, and why anyone has one, and has the tools in the garage...when everyone else is opting for newer....and therefore get concerned their property values will drop, because it represents that ''old stuff."....with Christmas lights drooping awkwardly all year, etc...etc...etc....(we all know the dumb cliché's)

Not everyone of course....but, I sure meet a lot of people who ask me why I ''don't sell my cars and buy a new one" instead...and park ''that'' in the driveway....it goes right over their heads!...literally!!! It's too bad that society is evolving away from our car roots and dictating a different phobia...namely, that they would like everyone to drive the 'same car' and therefore, no problem, and no confusion...parked neatly in a driveway, or hidden entirely behind a garage door, where they can't see a bumper that represents 'a car'....and satisfy their outlook that everyone is on the same wave-length, and everything will just be fine.

Cars are a big part of my history, and I value them immensely as a personal choice, and hope to continue for years to come....but I know a fight is brewing for our personal driveways and my cars in general...I'm hoping for the best outcome of course ...and I can keep driving my cars, and parking them in my own yard, which I paid for with enough of my own time paid into the system that guaranteed my rights to do so.
    Okay...enough of my sarcasm & philosophy..... a moment of thought while looking out upon my own driveway and cars driving by too fast:)

LTKMUNN, Bad Eye Bill, e1956v and 6 others like this.
  17. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Well said.

18. That is so true preach the truth. This is the owner of my oil rig companies car im so jealous [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

hotrodtodd1960 likes this.
  19. This was at my work today its not normal ussually tool trucks are on that lift

20. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Let me guess-he couldn't afford a real convertible so he cut the roof off a 4 door? WTF? :eek:

21. Maybe he drove under a reeeeaaalllyyy low bridge. Still slick looking, to me.

22. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have seen a couple 4 door caddy convertibles,I do not think they were GM built but done by a aftermarket company.

23. Gotta laugh at the nimrods who get sandy vaginas from a few old cars in the driveway. I can't tell you how many big boats sit in people's yards by me... year round! Some are covered with flapping tarps, some with nothing. There is one a bit away that has a freakin' tour bus in his yard. I think he does private charter work.

clunker likes this.
  24. NOW THATS FUNNY!!!! Bruce.

25. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Are you familiar with the term "paranoid schizophrenic?" :eek:

clunker likes this.
  26. Just because you think everyone is out to get ya, It doesn't mean that no one is. :)

clunker and falcongeorge like this.
  27. When you tell people you built/ restored/ modified your car, they just look at you glibly and ask.. Why? But then you realise that their biggest achievment in life is buying a big-screen TV. In some suburbs around here, it's "who,s got the most forward speeds and cup holders in their automatic 2016 Euro-trash ".
    Hopefully the "old car police" never invade this neck of the woods.

LTKMUNN, timmy2times, clunker and 3 others like this.
  28. Wish there were more cool vehicles near me, Im the only one on the street with anything that isnt a camry or newer pickup. Theres one fella a street over though with one gorgeous 62 GMC, then my buddy a few miles down usually has somethin nifty (curently has a 64 LeSabre with a 401 up front) but usually its just me standing my own amongst the econocars

29. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I'm the only HAMB member in my neighborhood though there are a few Muscle Cars in my neighborhood. Matter of fact, one of my neighbors bought my '65 Chevy Biscayne. It was a finished car with a 550 hp 454 and 6 speed. Brand new interior and exterior. He's one of those with more money than sense. He stripped the car down because he wanted a Lexus color. Stripped the interior because he wanted Mercedes leather. Replaced the brand new engine and trans with a tunnel port injected 454 and a 4L60 trans. On last count, he has $130K over what he paid for my car. Now it looks like it was done by Chip Foose. He has 16 cars, all bought as finished, then he changes them. He built a warehouse to store them in. He's so rich, he gives his wife $5K a day for gambling. I asked him why he lived in my neighborhood since he's so rich? He said because of 4 divorces.

timmy2times, bobss396 and clunker like this.
  30. My next door neighbor is about 45 and has a big garage that was originally built by the head mechanic of a local car dealership in my town. It has a functioning hydraulic lift that comes out of the floor. Lucky bastard. He has a '67 Nova. The guy across the alley from us has 3 stock Model A's and a beautiful '52 Olds 88 convertible with like 62k miles. Guy down the alley about a block drag races a Fox body mustang (6sec -1/8th miles). Not much HAMB worthy stuff ...but a wealth of wrenching skill/knowledge. Between all of us and our collective tool collection, not much can't be done to a car.

timmy2times and pat59 like this.