Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 57 Lincoln Premiere caps - What wheels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loogy, Sep 19, 2016.

1. loogy

loogy

I'm sure this has been asked before but I just couldn't find it. Besides actual 56-57 Lincoln Premiere wheels, what wheels allow those caps to fit? My issue is that I would like to find a factory wheel if possible and I don't want a wheel that has a really shallow backspace. I would prefer a somewhat narrow wheel. Something in the 5" to 5.5" width would be great. 5x5.5 bolt pattern is preferred, but I would be willing to go with 5x4.5 if that's what it takes.

Any info or links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. They worked great on my aftermarket wheel when I had a set.

3. loogy

loogy

Thanks 325w! I have a set of aftermarket "smoothie" wheels that are 5.5" wide and have the backspacing I need (can't remember what it is off the top of my head), but the caps are about 1/2" shy of snapping into place. It's the raised rib on the wheel face that's causing the issue. I don't want to change the backspacing if I can help it because clearances to the front fenders are already tight. I was hoping to find a wheel that has less interference with the wheel center that would allow me to keep the a similar wheel width and backspacing to keep the tires out of the fenders.

4. hudson48

hudson48

I have them on regular 15inch wheels Ford bolt pattern. Fit fine and have never fallen off. Roadster 3 (Medium).jpg

rod1 likes this.

5. loogy

loogy

Hudson48, that's a beautiful roadster.

When you say..."regular 15inch wheels Ford bolt pattern", which Ford wheels are you referring to? Not to sound crass at all, but there are A LOT of different 15" Ford wheels.

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

If you can use 5 on 4.5", seek out some '50s International pickup 15s. They look exactly like pre '48 Ford wheels, right down to the inner 'nubs' that fit Ford caps.
    They are 5.5" wide, but have a POSITIVE offset (center is 'deeper' in the rim, giving the outer rim more space to the center, by 1")
    Do seek them out, or reverse your own Ford 15s. Shallow wheels will NOT a Lincoln cap fit!