Register now to get rid of these ads!

sneak peek at kikinrods round up A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kikinrods, Mar 2, 2006.

1. well the tires came in today and felt like showing off. we are at 30 days untill lsru day (d-day) and we are thrashing to get it finshed we started jan. 1st and working on it at night after hours. so between bullshit sessions, wifes, girlfreinds, other todos, we are getting close. it is not much to look at know but it should be wild and a little different from what you normaly see. we didn't over chop over channel we just made the frame crazy. but that is enough info untill the round up. so tell me what you think. so go ahead with the ribbing and the bad mouthing i know it's the hamb we can't keep our 2cents to our selves but i think it is going to be bad ass. fyi the tires are just setting there they are not mounted on the car. but yes that is the expected ride hight of the body and frame.:cool:

Attached Files:

2. Gator

Gator

Looks good to me Kikin, but is that all we get, one measly pic??? :D

3. ok here is another with one rear wheel set were it rides

Attached Files:

4. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Looks good to me. I hope it makes it to the Roundup. Seems like there is going to be a lot of new stuff this year. Now get off the computer and get back to work!!!

5. Rusty

Rusty

Finally some progress shots. I was getting worried about you. looking good. Cant wait to see it. Are you gonna have a shop tour Thursday

6. Dirty2

Dirty2

7. Rolf

Rolf

Yup, looks great, but we need more (and larger) pix :)

8. KCsledz

KCsledz

Great proportioning. Love the pie crusts.

9. well we still have a long way to go but we are getting closer. are they doing shop tours this year. i haven't heard anything. we tried to get them to come last year but they said it was to far. but anyone on the way through is more then welcome to stop by. i am sure we will be here late the last few days getting this thing ready.

10. Rusty

Rusty

Me and This DirtyClan are headed down Thursday after work. If you are there around 7 ish we will stop on by on the way down.

11. yea we should be here thursday late let me know when you are coming and we will have the door open for ya.

12. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

It looks real good Brant.
    Like some one else said...get some more pics up here for us.
    LSM

13. man guys that is the whole idea of a sneek peak is just one or two pics. but alright let me get the motor back in it with my 6x2 on top and i will snap more pics. i am going to waco today to get my custom front and rear springs made i will post more pics tonight.

14. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

See, that's where you've got it wrong, one or two pics is just a tease.
    A sneak peak is at least a dozen or so...now you're talking!;)

15. aluminum buick

aluminum buick

I went over to to Kikins shop before i got sent up here to train at Ft Knox and I saw his round up rod it looked very well proportioned up close, I wish i had the dough to have him chop the top on my 51!

16. Built2Ride

Built2Ride

Love it. "A" sedans are tops with me. Like em in the weeds! :D

17. Ok here are few more pics of the round up a thought i would show off my crazy idea didn't want to untill the round up but here it goes. yes it is double suiced model a front with frankin quick change in the rear when i get further along i will post more pics. 2 weeks left:eek: and seriously thrashing.

Attached Files:

18. TN young gun

TN young gun

love it man, i've got an A sedan myself. Where did you get the cheater slicks? I'm looking for a pair that's not too expensive.

19. cheater slicks are from Wallace Wade tire in Dallas Texas they were $250 each.

20. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

I'm glad you showed us some picks without the body on. I know I'll really put an eye to it in Austin, but so far that frame is very nice.
    You guys are definately thinking outside the box on the suspension. I love it.

21. OK I have the body on the frame finally hope for the last time 8 days left and working on rebuilding the 6 stromberg 97s tonight with the kits from savage. waiting on the linkage from fox valley hotrods and the steering box being made at the machine shop for the cowl steering.we are getting closser crossing my fingers

Attached Files:

22. 30roadster

30roadster

looks great! - can't wait to see it up close!

23. Sure looks like a HOT ROD to me, can't wait to check it out in person. Job well done:D !!!
    Skot

24. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

it looks to me like kikinrods be kikinass and lookin good.