Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Photos from the 2016 Hot Rod Hill Climb - Bigger and Better than Ever

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Greenberg, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

This year's Hot Rod Hill Climb was indeed bigger and better than ever - with more cars in a new venue blessed by pretty much perfect weather both for the cars and photography both days, great food, a great band, great parking and great everything else. It was easier than ever to make new friends and visit with old ones. If you have never been to this, you really have to go Mike, Amy and the rest of the Hill Climb crew did an amazing job of making everyone feel welcome and comfortable and providing first rate fun and games. So I'll get this thread started with a picture overlooking the pit area and Central City late afternoon the day before the main event.
    [​IMG]
    The road to the right that goes up the hill is the start of the actual hill climb course.

2. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Taken through my windshield while following a car up a hill, around a curve on the reliability run the day before the main event.
    HRHC 2016 TG4-0106_tonemapped-2-2.jpg

3. clem

clem

Looking forward to more of your great photography.

4. Man that is cool I was thinking I hope Dan goes to the Hot Rod Hill climb I would love to see his pics from there! I am subscribed Thank you for posting! Hobo Jim

5. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks clem and Hobo Jim!
    [​IMG]

6. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

[​IMG]
    Near Echo Lake during the reliability run.

7. Freaky1

Freaky1

So many great pictures, definitely one of my favorites right here!

8. Great seeing ya & it was a supper event. Can't wait to see your photos Dan, and thanks for posting them.

9. j3harleys

j3harleys

I'm 69 years old and been doing this my whole life, And this was one of best events I have ever attended. I was only registered for the reliability run, my car does qualify. But at the end of day on sat. they put me and my wife of 50 years in our sons deuce and let us make the last run up the hill that made our day. We have attended all of Mike and Amy's events and this was head and shoulders above. Folks not from this area may not know there were several legends of racers from different kinds of racing taking part. I know there was countless hours put in by so many people, So I say to every one of them THANK YOU you did a great job. I made lots of new friends and visited with old ones. Can't wait to see your work Dan, so I can enjoy it over and over again. Wish I had meet you, I have loved what you do since I joined the HAMB . Hope got a shot of the flag and weight.

26 T Ford RPU, oldsjoe and 302GMC like this.
  10. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Your 5w coupe I seen there was stunning....

11. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks Freaky! You're welcome Dennis(383deuce). It was great seeing you too. I second all those comments j3harleys. I wish I had met you as well. I did not think to take a picture of the flag with the engine as its weight (widh I had now) but I did a few decent ones of your car - which I always love seeing. Stunning is the word for it for sure.

Here is the @Binger banger at the start of its first run up the hill.
    [​IMG]

kiwijeff, wicarnut, burl and 3 others like this.
  12. Thanks Dan!! Awesome Shots!

13. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

You're welcome Mike! And thanks for a truly awesome event!
    This is a 1913 Crane Simplex - and yes, they did run it up the hill.
    [​IMG]

14. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

I've been to all four Hill Climbs and they just keep getting better. This one had more cars, great weather, great location, but hiking uphill at 8400 ft was a chore for this old guy. Thanks to everyone.

15. That WAS AWESOME, seeing it take off up the hill! AWESOME!

16. Thank you RA!

17. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

Amazing shots! Thanks for all of them. It was nice to meet you too!! @MrsBinger and I had a wonderful time!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  18. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Sadly, I was already down off the hill when it ran so I did not get a shot of it, but I did see it run from down in the pits.
    You're welcome and thanks @Binger.!
    [​IMG]

19. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

The scenery looks fantastic. Throw in some cool rods and a cool event how could ya not have a great time!
    Then of course you have Dan's OUTSTANDING event coverage and it's almost heaven! Joe

20. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

21. MrsBinger

MrsBinger

22. Ranchero59

Ranchero59

Great pictures. What a great place to hold an event. Cars and scenery were awesome!!!!

23. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks so much for that great comment Joe(oldsjoe) - also the thread on Relix Riot is still active and not yet compete. Thanks to you to Jalopy Joker and Ranchero59. You're quite welcome @MrsBinger. - nice meeting you too.

Here is an incredible 1928 A that I actually had the pleasure of going for a run in with it's owner Tom Secora Jr. It was built by him and his father (Tom Sr.). They and there friend Eric are now new friends of mine - they were great to hang out and talk to.
    [​IMG]

24. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

25. bscottstudio

bscottstudio
    from Kansas

Thanks Dan, Thats me and my brother Dan having the time of our life

26. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

You're welcome Scott. I was having a great time just chasing you.

How about a turbocharged 1947 Packard straight 8 in a Model A
    [​IMG]

27. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

28. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Steve Wertheimer (of Kontinentals fame) brought this very vintage 29 A Roadster that has not been touched for the most part since the mid 50's
    [​IMG]

29. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

30. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looking forward to these!