Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1955 Fargo (Dodge) 2 ton rear window seal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Darrell Steinke, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Hey guys... I'm on my 3rd attempt at finding a rear window seal that works. Original is on the left, new (wrong) on the right.
    IMG_3552.JPG
    It looks like the new seal has measurement of 7/16” between the groove for the pinch weld on the cab to the groove for the glass, while on the original it is 3/16” – 1/4”. This is a difference of approximately 3/16”. Calculating the top AND the bottom makes it 3/8” and the glass won’t fit.

What can we do? Should I try a different supplier? If necessary, we can look at getting a seal that doesn’t have the extra groove for the interior trim panel.

You would think that Dodge used the same seal for all windows and that the large curved glass was not special, but maybe not? Could it be a Fargo (Canadian supplier) thing?

Here's the window:
    IMG_2529.JPG

2. Bobacuda

Bobacuda

Clesters has a listing for this, but I don't know if it is a direct match. I used them when I rebuilt my 1953 Dodge truck and I have been extremely pleased with their product, price and service.
    http://www.clestersauto.com/Pages/DodgeTrucks.aspx

3. Thanks Bobacuda! I used Robert's Motor Parts and they have been really awesome to deal with (Gary the owner), but unfortunately both tries have been wrong. I'll check with Clesters......

4. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

5. Yes, I imagined that it wasn't a CDN/US thing, but running out of reasons why it won't fit... Haha!
    I just talked to Robert's Auto Parts and he says the 2 that he has sent me so far have been Clesters, so my only other option is Steele. I'll be making a call. Thanks for the input guys! Much appreciated!
    Flat Six I see you are in Southern MB...

6. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

Yup, is there any other place to be:rolleyes:

7. Just to update on this.... The Steele product was awesome. A little pricier, but who cares... it worked!
    Update on 1955 Fargo on 1996 Dakota chassis IMG_4422.JPG IMG_4420.JPG IMG_4418.JPG IMG_4415.JPG :