Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1937 Ford truck hot rod roadster build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Todd M., May 26, 2014.

1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

They are well hidden. On the shelf or in a drawer. :D There are no front shocks. I don't really understand why, but they are not there.

2. Todd M.

Todd M.

The handling on it is so nice. I haven't got around to pulling them off the shelf. It's on my to do list ;)

3. Todd M.

Todd M.

Long weekend! I think I'll get those front friction shocks on finally. As you may know I have this 1937 up for sale. I noticed the for sale market is a funny place right around a presidential election. Seams like everyone is holding on to their money and wait and see the outcome. I come to this conclusion as this happened 8 years ago with another ride I had for sale. As soon as the election took place the car sold.

4. Todd M.

Todd M.

I had it out today. What a blast!

tb33anda3rd and bengeltiger like this.
  5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Interesting video however I have to hope that you meant the blast was the drive to the show and back.
    The parking lot time is what I find the boring part. :)

6. Todd M.

Todd M.

Funny! Around here in Florida owners at the car shows lounging around in beach chairs are called ( Lot Lizards) Your correct a blast to drive. Every now and then I'll pull in to a show with the top on, and after a couple of hours remove the top and get questions like, were did the truck go? Or, wasn't there a truck hear?

7. Todd M.

Todd M.

Here's a photo of the friction shocks on. Happy & safe 4th of July Rodders!
    [​IMG]

8. Todd M.

Todd M.

Buzzed the neighborhood today with the 1937 Ford! The squeak you hear in the video is the drivers door not shut all the way. Hard to hold the camera, shift and drive at the same time!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    patmanta and Blue One like this.
  9. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

Thanks for the ride!

10. Todd M.

Todd M.

Thanks! It's a blast to drive!

11. Todd M.

Todd M.

1700 miles on it and most people like the custom roadster. But I'm selling it to fund a couple more projects. Thinking about deleting the roadster part by welding it all up, and adding some aluminum Edlebrock heads to complete the look. Thoughts?

12. Todd M.

Todd M.

Well, just dropped a grand in new Edlebrock 74cc cylinder heads along with gaskets, and more dressed up parts!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  13. Todd M.

Todd M.

Prepping for the new Edlebrock 74cc heads. I may fabricate a hood top as well out of aluminum or fiberglass.
    [​IMG]

14. F&J

F&J

Louvered hood top might work, but not welding the roof back on, after the manhours.

It may end up being the reason it sells...you never know.

...and 2 videos ago... at the show, some woman sure looked like she was staring down in the passenger door slot, looking to see if it had windows? Looked like it to me

15. Todd M.

Todd M.

She was looking at the leather and commented on it after shooting the video. She Loved the aged weathered look.

F&J likes this.
  16. Man I really dig this thing

17. Todd M.

Todd M.

Thanks man!

18. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I think that you should buy it. :)

Wayne67vert likes this.
  19. Todd M.

Todd M.

WARNING!!! These photos may Couse uncontrollable blood flow to the genitals!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Todd M.

Todd M.

Thanks. The 1937 and I are doing an interview and filming tomorrow for an up and coming Hot Rod TV Show Ill make sure to mention the HAMB!

21. rc57

rc57

This is the first time I saw this thread, congratulations on an awesome project. I just wasted (far from wasted time) the better part of a morning reading the whole build and you've got some great ideas that would work well on any build. I don't normally read a thread word for word but that was good coverage of your build. Thanks for sharing it with us.

22. Todd M.

Todd M.

Thank you!

23. Wow, just finished reading the whole build...rare to see so much covered in pictures and explanations...thanks for the time you spent helping us HAMBers out going along for this creative ride..an inspiration for sure..getting ready for a 35 Ford pickup winter bobber project here in the big D

24. Todd M.

Todd M.

Thank you! I plan on building more unique Hot Rods!

25. MrFire17

MrFire17

Beautiful Ride! It's past my budget but if I could I would scoop this baby up. Can't wait to see your next ride.

26. Todd M.

Todd M.

27. Excellent!!!!!
    Charlie.

28. patterg2003

patterg2003

Thanks for sharing. Your truck shows great craftsmanship & creativity. I followed your build with all the twists and turns. It is one of the best looking fenderless trucks ever built. Normally I dont care for fat fender trucks without fenders but your truck and vision drew me in. Enjoyed it all the way. Can't wait to see what you build next & hope you share the build with us. All the best with your new enterprise.
    Glenn.

29. Todd M.

Todd M.

Thanks a lot. Right now I'm building a one off 1965 Mustang Fastback, I don't think its Hamb appropriate. Very cool though! Probably end up being a pro touring/ Trans Am inspired, with a coyote motor with 6 speed