Register now to get rid of these ads!

Granada Drop Spindles?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dangler, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Dangler

Dangler
    from CHICO, CA

Hey guys,
    Does anyone besides Fat Man make drop spindles for Use on the Granada disc swap?

2. sho1off

sho1off
    from Buffalo MN

I think there is but I cant think of the name off hand. I have fatman in mine they said they were made for wider wheels but I think there jig is off and instead of changing it you could use wider wheels to the inside. Was hard to align the front had to cut 1 inch off each side and re thread the rods. luckly I work in a machine shop

3. Brickster

Brickster

Wilwood makes drop spindles that usd the same geometry as the mustang II and granada. They have bolt on steering arms so they can be used as front or rear steer

Brick

4. Sacred Steel

Sacred Steel
    from Mass.

Here
    http://www.dropnstop.com/

I dont believe Granada spindles are reproduced. Placed like Fatmans and Drop-N-Stop have the bone yards send them the spindles and they refurbish them. The drop comes into play with the drilling out of the lower ball joint hole and the off-set of the spindle.

5. sho1off

sho1off
    from Buffalo MN

Drop and stop was the one I couldn't remember the name. Granada spindles are hard to find near impossible, but they will give you a one inch drop. my fatman spindles give a 2 inch drop and are completely fabricated, although I don't recommend them because of the one inch they say was for wider wheels which requires machining to get them aligned. I would bet dropandstop are fabricated also. hopefully better than fatmans

6. Mark T

Mark T

Dropnstop spindles are not fabricated, they sell machined Granada spindles. The Granada spindle can be machined for no drop or up to 2" drop, its very simple to do, my local machine shop did mine for about $35.00.
    Dick Cohen of dropnstop recently passed away but I read that his wife is going to keep the business going.

7. ryno

ryno

Dick Cohen of dropnstop recently passed away but I read that his wife is going to keep the business going.

thats a bummer to hear. dick was a good dude. i havent seen him in couple years. rest in peace buddy.

8. Bradley Jones

Bradley Jones

I've been talking to Dave Gulley, he runs Drop n stop. He's building me a pair of 2 1/2 inch drop Spindles with 11 inch rotors and single piston calipers, all hardware and hoses for $875. Cant wait

9. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Granada spindles are reproduced by CSRP, but I don't know if they do drop spindles. Go to www.discbrakeswap.com

10. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Pinto spindles will or won't work in place of granada?

11. 65COMET

65COMET

I had FAT MAN on my car,did not like the way they fit [took a lot of work],,was not happy with the angles on droop and rebound,changed back to originals!! ROY.

12. CHAMP:t

CHAMP:t
    from KC, Kansas

I'm following this. Would really like some dropped spindles/disc on my '58.

Bradley Jones, what are you putting them on?

Are Granada's or the Drop&Stops just a bolt on setup as far as control arms? If not, that's ok, I just want to know what I need to get and do from someone who's done it.

13. I have Fat Man dropped spindle on the wagon and have had zero problems,mine fit like a glove. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  14. Relic Stew

Relic Stew
    from Wisconsin

One significant difference is caliper location. Pinto/MustangII used a 9" rotor, the Granada was 11". The Granada rotor will fit on a Pinto spindle since the wheel bearings are the same. There are aftermarket adapters to use a GM caliper with the Granada rotor on a Pinto spindle.

CHAMP:t likes this.
  15. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

With the above in note I have a set of pinto 2" drop and a set of stock height..Both sets are new..PM me if any interest.