Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Shoebox chop in progress

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Tom. C, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Tom. C

Tom. C

Picked up a 1950 shoebox 4door for four hundred bucks only for flathead. Did some investigation into car and really liked the looks of a poor mans leadsled. Decided to keep and chop. Searched for every available web site that showed a chop step by step. Spent countless hours laying out the cut lines and chopped her off. Most of the sites show a wedge cut below a pillar to pull the pillars together. I cut the wedge and put a ratchet strap on and that pulled it in some but it also pulled the windshield edge down. where did I go wrong? How do you get the leading edge of the front windows pushed in since I have drawn the A pillar in? Any help would be well appreciated. Chopped 4" (3.25}A Pillar, 4"1/4 Back

2. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Could you put up some pictures? I know there are people here who can and will help you if you can do that.Just put the pictures on your desktop then click on "upload a file" right next to "post reply" then click on the picture you want to put up.Believe me,if I can do it its really easy!

3. Dennis34

Dennis34

Check on youtube, lots of good information