Register now to get rid of these ads!

History carb ID and old license plates

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by timwhit, Sep 14, 2016.

1. I started a thread yesterday about a clock mirror I found in a house I was cleaning out pryor to doing an estate sale. Dean Lowe helped me with the ID so I thought I would load up a pic of a carb I found today. I also found some old Indiana plates. I'll list the years here and I will start a for sale in the classifieds.
    Here are the years of the plates if you can help me with the value. I am working for the Son and need to get a fair price for these items: '33 '37 '38 pr '41 '42 '42 pr.w/'43 tag topper '46 '47 '47 '48pr. '45 '46 The '45, '46 and one of the '47 tags are all the same number (325 400)?? 004.jpg 005.jpg

2. fargoguy

fargoguy

Looks like a Tillotson for a model a to me.

timwhit likes this.
  3. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

4. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

My take on that...the slanted place for GAV hookup would mean designed for A or B Ford. At least similar to early round type tillotson ...
    Then, the choke cannot connect to GAV driver because is on wrong side and it looks like the adjuster may be plugged off as well. This suggests that it was also sold for a non-Ford use OR perhaps on a Ford engine in a machine like a combine. The adjustable jet also suggests stationary engine use...many Zeniths from industrial/farm A-B's have that, and of course car carbs lack that feature.
    Toolbox was once bolted to a Ford tractor, then got a handle and became portable when the tractor die...

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. toolbox is a Fordson.....which would maybe be pre 9N Ford tractor ? Henry would sell them after the split from Fordson ...like they said....not like my Model A tillison I'm running

6. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Could the carb be from the Fordson?

7. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Put the license plates in individual auctions on eBay and let the buyers determine the price. I've sold hundreds of plates that way over the last few years. Start the singles at $49.99 each and the pairs at $99.99 each in 10 day auctions. If they don't sell reduce the price by $10 when you relist them. That's what I did with these PA plates from 1906-1958 several years ago. PM me if you want more info. Good luck....

303043384_2.jpg

8. I may run them on the Hamb first, rather give you guys first shot at them. Tim