Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Yes, I say this is very Hot Rod...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Ignoring the whole traditional HAMB aspect...

Different strokes for different folks. It is astoundingly well detailed, but it does not trip my trigger. Feels too bottom-heavy to me. maybe if it was bagged:eek::D

I am certain that the owner is ecstatic about it and I am glad he is a car guy and can enjoy it, just like I can enjoy my assortment of nos-mobiles.

2. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I like it!....if it has a beautiful ''silhouette'' and looks ''well done'' in presence from all angles....I can get behind it! Beautiful cars shown here....and don't ya' know, I'd be pushing my way thru' the crowd to get a better look....I love a well-made and sleek car that is just a tad different:D It may not be a ''hot rod'' as I know it, but....man, if it looks "hot"....I'll "rod" it on the road!

3. 34 Tudor

34 Tudor

Moal...yes, Foose...possibly, Keith...HELL NO!

4. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

5. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man there's always someone leaving skid marks on the designer lingerer'. Hot rod? Fuggin eh it's a hot rod. Would someone else get deleted? I'd bet not. Some things transcend nations and oceans, some practices are limited only by available stock and imagination. That car rocks 'bomber, and props to you for the vision quest and sharing here. We all get inspired by one thing or another and it can be foreign or domestic. Edsel Fuckin Ford was inspired by so many cars in Europe he came home and built the Continental. Carroll Fuckin Shelby drove for Maserati. So impressed by that form of hot rodding we got the Cobra and many others from that inspiration. Hot Rodders all, there's more kool stuff on the planet than SoCal/Tardel/Brizio, etc. And save the traditional examination because the most traditional thing about all this shit is the myriad of ways to do it and the levels it gets taken to. It might be Bonneville, it might be World Finals at Pomona, it might be the Detroit Autorama, and it might even be Pebble Fuckin Beach. If you miss all the ones in between, sorry about your luck. If you like a narrow path of rods and inspiration, props to you as well and I'd tell anyone to fuck off if they wanted to piss your corn flakes about it. How many black Deuce Hiboys do we need? Can't we have the occasional special? You bet your baby moons we can. Thanks again 'bomber...

6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

This^^^^^

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Looks sharp. I'd say, over powered custom, but not a Hot Rod. Lots of cool things going on. I especially like what I can see of the interior.

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Fuckin' A!

C. John Stutzer likes this.
  9. Hmmm. The Lancia's interior does look a lot like his traditional hot rod's interior. See for yourself:
    int euro hot rod.jpg int doan spcer rdstr.jpg

T-roaster likes this.
  10. jroberts

jroberts

I am always confused by the term "hot rod." Is a '53 Corvette a hot rod or is it not a hot rod until somebody puts warmed up sbc in it? And what is traditional really mean? Is traditional only a prewar roadster or coupe built in the early 1950's? I think traditions and such change with time. As much as I love this place, I wonder sometimes if we at times don't walk around with blinders on when it comes to what is a "hot rod" and what is "traditional." I love what Jive-Bomber has shown us here.

C. John Stutzer likes this.
  11. 34 Tudor

34 Tudor

H.A.M.B. Spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs to hoodlums world wide. I come here for traditional rod info. What do I drive daily? My 34 ford. I am 75 and greatly appreciate ALL automobile designs. There are websites to view these European car designs, not here. What is coming next Ryan, tractor pull videos?

tfeverfred and T-roaster like this.
  12. Jeebus that lancia is amazing. The intoerior? PERFECT! If some of you can not see teh influences and cross pollinations from a car like this to traditional hotrods then well.....................you are blind with no sense of history.

13. flamingokid

flamingokid

TMan and the Highlander pretty much nailed it for me.And BTW,there very few original ideas anymore,just perfectly executed ones.So the next time some of the naysayers are building their next car,make sure to close your mind to the European influence,it just wouldn't be traditional ;)

14. Rem

Rem

Nice car. Nice bodywork and nice interior. Shame that the powers-that-be in Europe are intent on outlawing modifying of old cars . . .

15. Shaw-waw!

The shot of the car in the white did it for me.

SetWidth900-LF3-91942.jpg

Tman likes this.
  16. MJW

MJW
    from NJ
    1. PA. NJ. local HAMBERS group

I liked it until I saw the grill....

17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That would be my final resting place. Very nicely done. 5*

18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Sometimes....... it's like you died and went to Heaven, but there was a bonfire in the distance. Just don't go to the distance.

19. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Amen, Jocko!

20. Deuce_Eddie

Deuce_Eddie
    from Portugal

I'd say some of you really need to get out more... no offense, just think outside the box sometimes. Doesn't hurt a bit, try it.

The way I see it, the hot rod culture arose from the same racing spirit that was already taking off in Europe and was taken to America with all the major players at the beginning of the 20th century. You really should learn a bit more about all the influences your favorite cars have before you start shunning this and that. You might end up biting yourself in the end.

I've just finished reading a fascinating book (unfortunately not yet translated to other languages as far as I can tell, I read it in Italian) about one of the earliest characters in car racing, a man who went over to America from his native Italy to help set up Fiat's business there, and race the cars in parallel to these activities. He was one of the first automotive stars to arise, and his influence was pretty considerable. His cars (custom-built by him from special-order chassis ordered direct from Italy) continued to race long after he died in an unfortunate accident, and were important in setting up the careers of many a notable racing driver, like Ralph DePalma, for example (do a search for Fiat Cyclone and see for yourselves). Fiat's early years in the US had quite a big influence on the automotive scene of the period, but this is largely unknown today, as most people would rather recall their own pioneers rather than the Johnny Foreigner who propped them up.

Come on guys, discrimination is bad enough elsewhere that we should have to put up with it here too... we're all car guys, are we not? I know I am, and that Lancia had my pulse racing the moment I first laid eyes on it, a year or so ago when it first hit the specialized press here in Europe.

If you want to spend your energy arguing about whether it can or cannot be called a hot rod, go ahead, but it's a waste. This is simply one of those "what if..." projects that come round every now and then because some people do have broad minds and do not mind cross-pollinating concepts and philosophies from different aspects of the same culture. So you get these amazing creations. Isn't it great that we can do it? Isn't it cool to see what a different starting point can get you using the same ideas?

And why shouldn't we? What's wrong with a hot-rodded Lancia? People have been hotting-up VW's and Porsches for ages now, can't we do it with something cooler? Sure we can. Please note that I use the term "hot-rodding" in a broad sense, meaning to improve the overall performance of any car. If this offends you, sorry about that, but it is what it is and people understand the idea.

21. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Meh, people can like it all they want, I'd still rather have an early Ford roadster with a big loud engine. Everything is subjective to opinions and that's what I call a hot rod.

If you wanna transgender dude with big tits and high heels have at it but that's not what I'd call a woman.

Regardless though it's a nice car.