Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 3Wlarry

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr. Mac, Sep 9, 2016.

1. 63Compact

63Compact

2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Rest easy Larry.

Harms Way and FiddyFour like this.
  3. gas & guns

gas & guns

Sad to hear. He will be missed here.
    RIP Larry.

4. Butch M

Butch M

5. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

Larry... wow. a club brother told me he had passed, and i literally broke down. for the old timers, you'll remember larry and i always busting each others balls about shit, and we'd PM back and forth laughing our asses off about it. i remember in 06, i was thrashing on my willys PU, and larry was thrashing on the infamous 3W coupe, and he wasnt going to get it running before the drags either. i posted that the willys wasnt going to make it, and he replied "thats ok fiddy, you and i can sit in the coupe and make engine noises while we drink"... made me feel a whole lot better. he was good at that kinda shit, and i'll miss his sense of humor more than you can imagine.

after he sold the 3 window, i used to give him shit about his handle on the board. told him, "you need to change that to "no window larry"... he laughed his ass off.

Rest well my friend. we'll see each other trackside in Heaven one day. look down from heaven next week, i'll be getting another poker chip inked on my arm to honor our friendship brother.

kiwijeff, 117harv, Saxman and 3 others like this.

6. Larry A. Roller.jpg
    Larry Alan Roller
    November 16, 1955 - September 9, 2016

7. bigken

bigken

Damn, hate hearing this news. He was one of my biggest cheerleaders, as I built my truck. Damn, what a cool dude, he was. God Speed, my friend.

8. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

So sad to hear. He was still a young man in my mind. I enjoyed his post and his wit about certain cars. He will be missed here on the HAMB. I see his car is back in LA now so Bruce will bring it to the shows to keep us reminded of what a wonderful man he was. His 3 window was/is a trend setter. RIP Larry!

3wLarry.jpg

9. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

As one of the new guys around here it's taken me a while to get to know all the regulars. But there are a handful of guys you get to know quickly, one of them was Larry. The most striking thing about Larry was his wit and his humor. So that was my first impression of Larry, a fun guy, never seeming to take things, or himself too seriously. Then I saw his 3 window coupe, OMG! This guy not only is witty and funny, but holy crap he knows how to build an incredible car too! And now too soon, he's gone. Damn!

God speed Larry, you will be missed by many. Keep a spot in the garage for the rest of us, we'll join you some day when the Lord calls us home. In the meantime we'll keep doin' our thing here, and your 32 will be an inspiration for many for years to come.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Didn't know Larry, but enjoyed his sense of humour. It didn't sound good when he posted everything is for sale. My condolences to his family and friends. I hope someone is taking care of his cat.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. Hope Larry and Donna are cruising Heaven together. In a Deuce. R.I.P.

lothiandon1940 and Speedwrench like this.
  12. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I never had the chance to meet Larry but I was saddened hear when his wife passed, and now saddened by Larrys passing I will miss his threads and posts RIP Larry

13. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

So I just turned on the laptop as I'm usually on that i-Phone thingy and what do I see as a header but Larry's passing :(.!!!!
    That man will always be quality people!!!! He loved all things Hot Rod and I can relate. It will always be his life wherever he may be. I'm glad that he's with his bride and pray that he watches and guides each and everyone of us. One thing that is special about his passing is that he left us with the 3W Larry Legacy in his numerous posts, his taste in cars and really his zest for life.

Scott=(Rice and Beans Garage) knows what I'm saying. He and I were the young guns that hung around All American Burger in Westwood where we met a bunch of "OLDTIMERS". These guys were all talented in their own ways and I just as Scott felt very fortunate to meet them, spend family time together and Hot Rod around. I stopped counting after losing 20 plus of those friends as I just felt even more empty inside every time we lost another.

Larry was one of those guys who just kept an eye on it all. I AM VERY FORTUNATE TO HAVE HAD HIM IN MY LIFE…… Will miss his posts, pm's and humor… Godspeed my friend, Know that you made a huge impact on the world of HOT RODS AND THE H.A.M.B.
    Always,
    Cyclone Kevin

14. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

Cancer sucks, never met him in person but chatted a couple times. At least he's back home with his wife now..RIP Sir.

15. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

I was hoping against the odds. Go with Spirit, Larry. Thanks to Tom Davison for a great picture of Larry and his ride. It is now my desktop background.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  16. bchctybob

bchctybob

I have been optimistic about his situation until lately but when I brought up the HAMB and saw the title I knew it wasn't good news. The HAMB has lost one of it's finest, a sad day indeed.... Vaya con Dios, Larry.

17. scotti32

scotti32

RIP Larry, you made me laugh out loud countless times. A one of a kind.

18. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just saw this post. So sad. I never knew him but always enjoyed his comments here, always a great outlook on everything and always good for a great laugh.
    I got to check out his 3W that Bruce had up at Deuce Days. Amazing car that is an inspiration.
    He will be greatly missed. RIP Larry.

19. McDeuce

McDeuce

RIP Larry, you will be missed

20. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The lights will be a little dimmer around here from now on. Cannot replace guys like Larry. Farewell brother, Godspeed.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  21. seatex

seatex

Farewell 3Winder, tell that lil' prick Collin I said hello and don't ya'll go get kicked out of heaven anytime soon....................... GodSpeed, Larry. Ryan, can we get another "Member Emeritus" status going? Gonna miss him.............

22. I can Just imagine these three Deuce guys ~Larry,Frank, & Randy all cruising the streets paved with gold! :) HRP

23. HEMI32 likes this.
  24. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

. Don't forget Collin Casey.
    Collin loved to bust Larry.

25. Sad news-I had been hoping for a better outcome.
    You fought the good fight-RIP Larry

26. You Bet ~ Collin Casey & Dan Ross (Old kid). HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  27. seatex

seatex

Sorry, RC, I should have checked his status before posting. Standup tribute for a standup guy................ thanks for that.

28. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Sad news. RIP Larry. Didnt personally know him but but obviously a beloved man. Condolences to all who knew him and his loved ones.

29. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Ryan, you are a classy guy with a refined taste for the better things in life:

upload_2016-9-13_17-30-1.png

HEMI32 likes this.