Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest R.I.P. 3WLarry

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot-Rod-Garage, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Hopefully he is now where everything is NOS, sheet metal plentiful, cheap and clean. Very much enjoyed his personality and passion, you will be missed sir!

Surfcityrocker likes this.
  2. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

RIP Larry I will miss you. Frank

kidcampbell71 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. I am absolutely crushed by this news. Larry was a huge supporter of the HAMB artist community.
    This is one man I had hoped to meet in person to thank him for that.

God bless ya Larry, may He give peace and strength to your family and loved ones during their season of sorrow.

4. I've been struggling somewhere today between pissed off (at this cancer thing) and heartbroken over the loss of what seemed like a friend. Sure, I never met Larry in person but, I still felt like he was a friend just from our interactions here on the HAMB. I know that I will miss him very much. His wit was always sharp but not offensive. We're a community here, really unlike most communities where we actually reside all too often. I'm sure we will all pick up the pieces of our emotions and move on but, it is still painful and certainly should remind us all of our own mortality. Hug your Family members, call an old friend that you haven't spoken to in a while, kiss the wife or girlfriend (or significant other) one more time tonight. Like I've said before, sure it's about the cars but, it's really about the people. Godspeed to you, Larry. We will miss you.

5. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

About one day and already 244 posts. A fitting tribute to a great guy. We could all be so fortunate to have as many friends. God speed dear friend, the world is a lesser place in your absence.

6. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sincere condolences. God speed,buddy.

7. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Lots of great posts on here by Larry. I never met him in person but he seemed like a great guy on here.
    He answered a lot of questions for a lot of people.

I lost both parents to the BIG C and it sucks I will say a prayer for his family and his friends to remember the good times and to be able to forget the bad...

8. tinmann

tinmann

Anytime I saw a "3W Larry" response to a thread, I had to open it. More times than not, I'd end up laughing at some dumb ass thing he'd say. He was a true individual. I only wish I'd met him in person.

9. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

I Am lost for words, You will be missed....

10. jim snow

jim snow

This about sums it up.Well said. Snowman

11. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

Sad days. Hug your friends and family a little tighter, guys, love them while you've got 'em.

Thoughts and condolences to his family and everyone in his circle.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  12. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Sincere condolences to 3 Window Larry's friends and family ... always liked his posts and responses. Sad day for the HAMB Family.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  13. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Very sad news,Rest in piece Larry

14. adam401

adam401

Horrible, terribly sad news. Rest in peace Larry.

kidcampbell71 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  15. Moondog13

Moondog13

Shit man. My condolences to his family and to all of the HAMB.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. Patiently waiting...

To see you on the other side.

Rest in peace Larry.

17. myke

myke
    from SoCal

It's been a long time since I logged in but when I read about Larry on Facebook I wanted to add to the thread.

RIP Larry

I remember watching his whole 3 window build while it was being done. I loved that car and it was definitely a part of him. Great person and a sad loss!

kidcampbell71, OG lil E and The37Kid like this.
  18. OG lil E likes this.
  19. LTM75110

LTM75110

Sad to hear of,At least he`s not in anymore pain. And he knows the 32 in in good hands..He will be missed R I.P. Larry

oldsjoe likes this.
  20. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

He was one of the "Good Ones" for sure. He'll be missed.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  21. Did not know Larry but wanted to post out of respect for him, a sad time indeed.

22. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

So sad Rest in peace Larry

23. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

RIP 3wlarry. I did a hamb relay for him a few years ago. I picked up a set of headlights that were local to me and set them to him. He couldn't of been a nicer guy. I didn't want anything for doing it and he dropped me $100 without asking. I still have his number in my phone. It made me feel like I was finally on the hamb.

24. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

25. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

Did he have a favorite song ... kinda be nice for us all to tune in with him..
    a small tribute ... I'D PLAY IT...

26. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Perfectly put Don, this really is what I would have said but I just couldn't seem to get the words put together without getting choked up.
    I have only been a registered HAMB member for about a year and a half but have been in the background for a number of years so in that time I got to really like Larrys vibe.
    When Larry told us about Donna, I took it real personal for a while because like you say, when someone you feel a connection to loses a significant other, it really gets you to thinking about the things that really matter to all of us. Then there was this.
    Hope to see you on the other side someday Bubba.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    The37Kid, lothiandon1940 and enloe like this.
  27. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Only new Larry from his postings here. Its obvious he was very well liked by all and will be sorely missed by everyone. I for one will miss seeing his avatar pop up on one of my posts. Quite a character........ Rest in peace my cross country friend.

28. I ran into Larry at the grocery store several months ago, before he was diagnosed the first time. I didn't say anything to him at the time, as I wasn't sure it was him. I contacted him on here the next day to see if it was him, and sure enough it was. Talked back and forth here and there over the past several months, but never got to meet him in person again. Wish I had.

OG lil E and lothiandon1940 like this.