Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Is your neighborhood hamb friendly

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by timmy2times, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Ive been taking walks and sitting on my front porch and noticed im not the only one in my neighborhood with the sickness how about you i'll post more pics as i go [​IMG]
    This guy drove by while frinking coffee this morning he also has a 5 wi dow coupe and i wanna say a 52 Plymouth mild custom. Not counti g his old bikes

Attached Files:

2. Gman0046

Gman0046

Absolutely not. My neighborhood in the Florida Pan Handle they complain if you leave your garage door open. Its a small 24 hour gated community that has at least 6 rodders. I'm surprised there are that many.

Gary

loudbang and timmy2times like this.
  3. I live in a kinda bad area with patches of good. Im in a kinda patch of good. The across the street has a 54 gmc truck with 90s boyd wheels. A few houses down a tow truck guy has a 56 or so pickup custom ill get picks of those. Next street over guy has a silver tudor. Im and another has 56 chevy. I plan on posting pics of all of them

Sent from my LGMS330 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

They are all real friendly............then I start my roadster with open headers:mad:

5. My neighbors dont complain about the cars or the noise and I think they like the free car advice but im the only car guy on the street. :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Houston is pretty cool , HOAs everywhere will have restrictions , I'm on a dead end street and I can do whatever I want.....

7. I am the only one I know of in my hood that has an old car. I seldom see one around.
    My neighbors couldn't care less about automotive stuff. My next door neighbor is 84 and used to be a hot rodder. He talks about his old cars sometimes but no longer cares to have one.
    I am glad in a way that no one shows interest. I think that keeps anyone from trying to steal my junk.

8. blackanblue

blackanblue

Lots of hot rods round here but its more country than town so also lots of tractors and 4x4's.

9. trollst

trollst

Yes, lots happening here.

10. Nope, I'm the only car guy around here. There is a top fuel boat racer around the corner so he wins for most noise so I am saved from the neighborhood wrath on noise, mostly.

I think the only reason no one complains about all the cars, parts, vintage trailer, machinery is because I'm also the neighbor that can fix all their crap when it breaks. Most of my neighbors are older and retired and living on a set income so they like having someone they can call on day or night without a huge service fee.

vetteguy402 and AmishMike like this.
  11. There are only about 12 homes in my neighborhood and I am the only one with old cars. No complaints so far, I try and keep it civil with the noise. Plus I plow most of the older folk's driveways in the winter. The area around me is full of enthusiasts and some thing is going on most weekends.
    IMG_1642.JPG

12. Gman0046

Gman0046

HOA restrictions can be a problem but they do protect your property values.

Gary

LOU WELLS likes this.
  13. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

Not around my immediate vicinity....there is one fella about 2 blocks away with a super-pristine 67' Corvette...who won't acknowledge me or my jalopies:cool:....oh well! I really try to keep things polite and tidy & clean for the neighbors ...and not cause unnecessary problems, and though people drive by, and gawk often, they don't seem all that interested other than curiosity. Lot of jeeps and 4x4's though!!!

wraymen likes this.
  14. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

I am the only H.A.M.B.er in my hood but the neighbors just wave or shake their heads.... BUHL BUNCH 2016 003.JPG

15. Hamb friendly not really but there are at least three other old car guys on my street. One is my immediate neighbour. More a muscle car guy. My moms neighbour is a big time car guy as well again a muscle car guy but we help each other out a lot as for quite a while I was building at my moms.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. Lou Wells, That looks like a killer view you have there behind your house. I would never get tired of looking at that.

LOU WELLS likes this.
  17. squirrel

squirrel

4 acres in the country, do what you want to do....no problem!

wicarnut, verno30 and LOU WELLS like this.
  18. mike bowling

mike bowling

My "neighbors" are trees- lots of them. And since I got rid of my wood stove, they don't care what I do! Dead end street into hundreds of acres of State land.
    The TREES can act up sometimes- wife's car was lowered a few inches during a Noreaster. ( We had a backup unit!)
    My closest "real" neighbor has tons of stuff-antique cars , bikes, stock cars, hot rods, etc., and we get along just fine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    Ron Brown, oldsjoe, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  19. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Kinda related.
    Traveled many neighborhoods on my 500 mile trip to Erie Pa and back this week to see the tall ships come in.
    Both 4 lane and 2 lane.

Flathead ran flawlessly. Temps were warm. 85 degrees. Averaged 15 mpg. Engine temp hovered at 190 when running 65-70.
    Used 1/3 quart of oil.

Did not see any car more than 25 yrs old on my travels.
    I'm beginning to think all the baby boomers are spending more time on their asses anymore.

Drive your old car? It might break down and I'd have to fix it.
    It'll get dirty.

This was the only cool way of transportation I found.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    Speed~On, hotcoupe, oldsjoe and 7 others like this.
  20. eleven houses on my road and there is a hot rod on each end and mine in the middle

LOU WELLS, Fedman and timmy2times like this.
  21. Couple muscle car guys, and a low rider PU. That's about it around here. :(

timmy2times likes this.
  22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I live in the middle of a 70 acre alfalfa field. No neighbors no problems. I see plenty of rods go past the house and hundreds of bikes roaring past on a regular basis as I am on one of the main north/south highways in the state.

23. Hey lowriders are just newer customs hahaha theres lots of muscle in my neighborhood but like 5 hamb friendly. 2 houses down was a mustang guy theres a 70 dart right behind me a 68 chevy pickup with a chopped top. In the hamb side theres the flat head guy who also rides a pan the tudor , the 54 ford with skull ghost flames. The guy who drives by in a old green 40 plymouth who waves. The 56 ford custom truck guy, the 56 chevy at the corner my buddy down the street bob with his t bucket. The napa auto parts lady with her model a the 65 nova down the street and thats not even all of them theres definatly more muscle around though. Im trying to talk the mechanic up the street out of his 58 apache project he wants 5k for the stick rolling shell doesnt seem worth it oh ya my neighbors 63 dodge pickup im surrounded by it um headed for a walk with the ole lady tonight ill snap some pics

pat59 likes this.
  24. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Every time I fire up my hot rod the witch next door flies over on her broom and shakes her magic wand at me. I have solid core wires so I don't think it works.

25. jeffd1988

jeffd1988

Nothing around me. My truck has been on the block since 1963. All the elderly that had old cars has sold them and or past away but most nieghbors are cool. Beside there is always that one that will call cops on you if you start it up after it been sitting a wile

26. I m seemingly the only one around here that knows what the HAMB is. I also have the oldest street strip hotrod around. Most of the surrounding folks love it, but do not really know what it is. Lots of muscle cars, cookie cutter street rods, little tuner cars around. Also jeeps and 4X4s. When my coupe is fired of, they dont think it is CUTE anymore, they are mostly SCARED! People FEAR, what they do not UNDERSTAND.:eek::eek::D:D

27. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

my neighborhood isn't even a neighborhood. there are car people here but nothing really old. there are "tuner" people here who sell tuner junk, they have tuner barbeques where a bunch of people in Hondas with fart can exhaust zip around and boom their boomin stereos.. on a funny note there was a black Honda that had times from the drags on the window one day then I saw it on a rollback all crashed and destroyed the next day..

28. Ive been doing a lot of thinking on these ricer tuners lately. First question what was your first car i bet there were lots of them it had pep and was cheap. I guess they are only doing what i did but with what yhey have i dont buy into thier style but hey i almost got my ass handed to me by a suburu wrx. And i had a camed big block with all kinds of goodies. These new pos can be fast especially with boost. Damn kids trying to beat old school. But hey i only have like 6k in the car and hes going to be making payment for the next 7 years

29. JUNK ROD

JUNK ROD

Nope! All ordinary people in new cars. I'm the only one who grind and weld some old crap! They probably think im kinda weirdo Alien Loll

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Runnin shine and LOU WELLS like this.
  30. upspirate

upspirate

Only one in my n'hood.
    The HOA pres has a 66 Vette coupe with Tru-spokes and 50K miles that's gorgeous , but only drives it around the block every couple of months cause it's worth too much to take a chance on.
    I build boats also , and have to be careful not to ruffle feathers , but my n'hood isn't really as strict as others are

oldwagonlover likes this.