Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hotrod lady cruser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirt t, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Denise could/can put the majority of HAMBers to shame with her tens of thousands of miles racked up with Big Olds. Good Lord, it was nothing to see her going SOMEWHERE in it every week. She worked multiple jobs to feed her adventures. What a gal!

She came through Memphis once, stopped at my business for some pics, and I had the privilege of buying her dinner at Corky's BBQ. Very charming and fun to be with. Unfortunately, I was almost her Dad's age. HA!

Hope this finds her well.

Morrisman and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Hot Rod Jerry

Hot Rod Jerry

I enjoyed Denises trips , but that trip with Brian in his coupe, with pictures kept me glued to the site. Course it helped that he came within forty five miles if where I live and I have driven the roads many times thru the years. Wish they would all share their road trip stories with us.

Merge likes this.
  3. Big Olds turned over 100,000 miles at the end of the block where I live. She came for lunch and to meet my wife. :)
    Megan and her were always great to be with.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

She got to sleep with me a few years ago at Bonneville. I've never had her cookies tho. :rolleyes:

5. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

We lost a lot of regular posters the last time the format was changed..

6. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Caught up with her the other month whilst in Michigan, she is alive and well.
    20160708_123802.jpg

7. She's missed a lot and I'm proud to call her a friend. :) I really miss the hugs and cookies!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    kidcampbell71 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I recall a couple of rude posts about HRLC being too prolific in posting and jealous of the attention she (deservedly)received. It was about that time she dropped out of sight on HAMB. It's a shame that a few loud mouths had to ruin it for the vast majority, but I guess that's the way of the world nowadays. I met Denise once a few years ago, at the HRR in Bowling Green. She made you feel like you were her best friend in the first 10-seconds talking with her. I miss her & her travel sagas. Glad she's doing OK otherwise.

Morrisman, chevy57dude, pat59 and 6 others like this.
  9. Never2low

Never2low

I saw her pulling the wagon into the Relix Riot, a couple weeks ago, shortly before the skies opened up.
    Didn't get a chance to say hello, thou.
    I see Megan, every so often, on "What's my Car Worth" working as a rep for Actions America.
    When I saw the news about 3W Larry, one of my first thoughts was "hopefully someone relays the news to Denise".

10. Tagman - Denise had no problem dealing with the jerkoffs, doubtful anyone ran her off. Not to mention anyone harshin' on her would get jumped on in a hurry! Hopefully it's because like everyone, it's a time budgeting reason.

11. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

I never met Denise in person, but the fine lady stripped down, boxed up and delivered a complete Model A front end to my hotel in Houston when I was flying briefly through the USA about 6 years ago. She did all this for no extra charge and I'm proud to say that front end is still on my hot rod here in the Philippines and I will be driving it to the Angeles Hot Rod Association monthly meeting today.
    [​IMG]

12. The Big Olds is still looking good, She's driven the hell out it!

13. Always a smile on her face, been years since i've seen her last. Great person, hope she gets on here one day

14. belair

belair

Got my pic made with her at DOTD a few years ago. She's a nice person, and is missed here.

15. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

She IS a nice person for sure! Be nice if she still popped in now and then at least.
    You know...for some reason I thought she has sold Big Olds! Glad to see thats not the case. :D

16. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

She sent me cookies once. Beyond awesome. No cc cookie I have encountered since has tasted right.
    I believe that she and Megan just succumbed to reality...
    They got tired of spending time typing out neat stuff to entertain us retards here, and went off to the analog world to have fun with cars!

belair, lothiandon1940 and Merlin like this.
  17. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Legendary kindness! What a wonderful human being.

57JoeFoMoPar and lothiandon1940 like this.