Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chickasha Ok swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Moriarity, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I am thinking about going to the fall swap and have never been there before. Any tips for a newbie? Is Wednesday setup day? Can buyers get in Wednesday? What's the best place to stay? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. We go every year...
    Several good motels in Chickasha. If not, it's only about 30 minutes SW of Oklahoma City. I think you can go early. Thurs/Friday usually the best days because of new arrivals with parts.
    You coming from MN?

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, coming from Mn. I don't mind driving to go to a good swap. Really wondering if I can get in Wednesday?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Mark, Wait until you hear from some others here on the HAMB before making such a long journey.
    I cannot recommend it...been there several times, wont go back...If you want to travel that far,wait for PATE in April at the Texas speedway ,,, six times bigger meet.

stillrunners likes this.

5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I am still considering going... how many swappers are typically there?

6. Last time I was there,it was 90% Modle A stuff and the weather was terrible...cant guess the number of
    vendors..

7. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

I was last there 5 years ago. It had gotten smaller every year. It's not like it used to be 20 years ago. It takes about a half hour to go through it all.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  8. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Is it true that the spring event is geared towards pre war and the fall event is everything??

9. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Yes.

10. I live just 30 miles away and I can drive up there walk the swap meet and be back home in 2 hrs, what's that tell ya. The old guy around here think their stuff is GOLD. I do drive up every day because ya just never know of a decent find.

11. sunbeam

sunbeam

Of the ones I go to Springfield Mo. is the best but then again I get to do the HAMB drags too.