Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Parr Automotive of OKC OK closing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldguard, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Sad news of our time, I remember them since I was 15 years old and went in on a Saturday and they had in stock Hedman Headers for my 1957 Chevrolet 2dhtp with a 1965 396 and Muncie! IN STOCK!! 1977 was a good year! Any other stories of Parr Automotive?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 001.PNG
      001.PNG
      File size:
      432.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

That sucks. Wish someone would have taken it over rather than part it all out.

3. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

There's a lot of demand for "Someone"......almost everyone wants "Someone" to do something!

Thanks for your years of service and Best Wishes for many years of Happy Retirement!

Ray

4. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I was not bashing anyone for not stepping up and definitely was not demanding, just wishing things had gone this way rather than see something so neat get disassembled. Sorry if I offended you.

5. They've been in business since I was I year old,Best wishes to them.

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Not just 'somebody' or 'anybody' may have been up to Parr.

7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PARR AUTOMOTIVE WILL OFFICIALLY CLOSE ON SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 17th IN PREPARATION FOR A HUGE 2-DAY AUCTION OCTOBER 22-23 ONLINE ORDERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER SEPTEMBER 15th.

WATCH FOR HUGE SALE THAT WILL INCLUDE ALL PROPERTY / BUILDINGS, OIL-GAS SIGNS, NEON SIGNS, OLD RACE CAR CHASSIS INCLUDING A ROLLING "DRAGMASTER" CHASSIS, 30 PLUS CHILDREN'S PEDAL CARS, TOYS, GAS PUMPS, COKE MACHINES, KENWORTH TRACTOR AND CUSTOM BUILT SEMI TRAILER, COMPLETE INVENTORY, MACHINE SHOP CNC AND MANUAL MACHINES, TOOLING , AND MANY, MANY OTHER ITEMS. ON-LINE AUCTION BEGINS SEPT 26TH. Live 2-day auction October 22-23

THANKS TO ALL OUR CUSTOMERS OVER THE PAST 67 YEARS ! ! !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Site Map | Copyright | Privacy | Shipping | Return Policy | About Us | Contact Us
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. I would like to ask if any one has a 1988 Yellow Jacket Parr catalog ? I would be interested in buying one

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow, changing world - hopefully some will attend auction

10. aircap

aircap

Man.... Parr was hot rodding here in the Midwest since hot rodding started.

11. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

12. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Wow, a 67 year old business being "parted out" via auction. Guess it's a sign of the times that it's worth more parted out than sold as a turn key business? Maybe sales over the last few years haven't been good? Shame.
    I could better understand auctioning off all the collectables, inventory and machine shop if they didn't own the building, but the auction also lists the property/buildings.

13. Good Luck Cody,,I know how you have worked so hard to build a business.all from your dads little shop. Hope you and your wife can now relax and enjoy your retirement..

KKrod likes this.
  14. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

I stopped by Parr on my way through OK City about 10 years ago. Cool, old-time speed shop. Bought a set of Moon gauges there. Sorry to hear they're going out of business.

15. Now that sucks.......

16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Reality is that it is very hard if not impossible in most cases to sell a business like this as it sits and have new owners take it over.
    You should buy it and then it wouldn't be such a shame.
    Do you have a spare 10 million or so sitting around ? :)

17. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

williebill likes this.
  18. rfraze

rfraze

Thanks for being there for all these years! It was always a pleasure and education to do business with you. Thanks for the many answers.

19. 29moonshine

29moonshine

i bought a lot of parts from them over the yrs never had a issue with the part or shipping. hate to see them close up. but better to close than sell to someone and they ruin the name. i hope you have a good retirement

20. I bought a fair amount of parts from them in the 90's and early 00's. Always liked there selection, service, and delivery.

I think it's a commendable way to exit the business for him and his family and the customers. A lot of small business owners would stop buying inventory, cut the hours, cut the staff, service starts to suffer, customers get pissed, reputation goes to hell, retirement goes to hell.

21. uncle buck

uncle buck

22. 41woodie

41woodie

Purchased my A/C system from them last month, hate to see this happen. They are a class act and will be missed.

23. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

:confused: Really ........you actually think that?

24. I'm going to try and sneak out of work tomorrow and make one last trip for memories sake

I worked there 1987-88, good memories, met a lot of folks

25. Talk about a trip down memory lane, I went to Parr Automotive this morning and it was a bit of nostalgia for sure. Cody recounted the story of the 60's-70's road sign Parr Automotive sign whose post was a working Chrondek Christmas tree ! He said the OKC Chief of Police came in and advised him that local kids were caught racing off the timing light!! He advised him of the City's desire of it to be taken down. And he did, and oddly enough every one wants it, and they have not found it yet?? I remember it as a kid, should have asked if he had a picture of it. It was odd seeing the old office I worked from. And they had a tattered 1988 catalog with my ugly mug in side, whew!, I had hair then! Ha! Online auction of parts starts in a week. Then a final Property and other items Auction in 4 weeks

26. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Who is the auction company? I haven't been able to find out. Doesn't say online at Parr's website.

27. I understand Cody and his wife want to retire and did not have any family members with interest to carry on the business. Sad to see the business close but happy to see a hard working successful business owner finally get to enjoy the fruits of his labour

Hnstray likes this.
  28. That is too bad. I dealt a TON with Parr over the years. Great folks.

29. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I heard last week that Summit was building in Dallas/Fort worth , any connection ,who knows.

30. Was in OK City last year picking up an engine and made it a point to stop at Parr's. Cool place and I got the t-shirt. Shame to see it close.