Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 5% Rock Auto discount

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no55mad, Mar 29, 2016.

1. no55mad

no55mad

Here you go HAMB 'friends'. It states to share; hope it helps some of you.

RockAuto Parts!

[​IMG]

Thank you for being a RockAuto customer! To show our appreciation, we have a special discount for you.

Your discount code is:

How to Use Your Discount Code
    Enter the code above in the "How Did You Hear About Us?" space on the checkout page (above your payment information). Do not enter any other text in that space or the discount will not apply.

Please note: Discount only valid for orders placed online. Code must be entered before order is submitted.

The discount takes 5% off our already-low prices. There's no limit on order size or the number of orders. Use the code for your next order, and share the code with anyone you know who works on cars or trucks.

This discount code expires on May 29, 2016 so don't wait!

Thanks again for buying your auto parts at RockAuto!

www.RockAuto.com

RockAuto uses Customer Lobby to measure our performance. Please take a moment to complete a short survey:

[​IMG]

jkluge likes this.
  2. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Cool. Thanks! Was going to order some parts this week.

3. Bearcat_V8

Bearcat_V8
    from Dexter, MI

I buy lots of stuff from RA. I have generally been happy with everything I have purchased. This post reminds me that I have a current discount code of my own I have to use before it expires.

4. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't afford their shipping..but I use them for part #'s then try someone else. Usually there will be a supplier listed on Amazon and ends up less expensive for the exact same part. A lot of parts are dropped shipped so it doesn't matter who has it listed. I have bought from them and was satisfied with the part. Good Luck.

5. no55mad

no55mad

5% helps with the shipping (just ordered some more parts and discount paid for half the ship charges) and they don't charge that high Calif tax.

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I've just spent my last penny with Rock Auto, I am very pissed at them right now. They are fine as long as they are taking your money, and I have always been happy with their prices and shipping, but returns are another issue.

Long story short, returned an unopened oil pump for a 4.6 Ford that I decided not to use, it was part of a $450 order. They issued a credit, but for a water pump ($30 instead of $80 for the oil pump). I sent them an email, said you issued credit for the wrong part, and they sent back saying "No, you sent back a water pump."

I told them the water pump is on the motor, and they made me take pictures of it on the engine, as well as pictures of the water pump box and my old water pump to PROVE that I was not lying. (luckily, I had kept the box) Finally they admitted they had my oil pump, but are now charging me TWO return shipping charges because they have to send the oil pump to a different warehouse.:mad:

Through the whole thing, they did not look at me as a valued customer who has spent thousands and thousands of dollars with them, they treated me as if they really did not give a damn, so, I will spend my money somewhere else from now on. I was just getting ready to spend about another grand with them this week, but Advance Auto will be getting that sale.

Don

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    captaintaytay likes this.
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm another one who uses them for parts number searches on a regular basis and to compare prices. I've found out that some odd ball chassis parts aren't odd ball when you order from them and you can get what others call "rare" parts for reasonable cost.
    Lately I have bought a lot of parts though Amazon though.

8. i've used them too to find a part number , but have never bought from them. with returns being a big part of the auto parts business i'm sure shipping them back and getting proper credit could be an issue

9. I hope you fill out there survey, that was a petty thing to do to you.

10. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have ordered a few things from Rock Auto, the only issue I've ever had was when I ordered boots for a Mustang II steering rack. Both came in boxes with the same part number but one was evidently for a power rack. I called them and they said to send the boot back for a refund, the shipping would have been half of the value of the boot, I whined and the customer service guy finally said just keep the boot and we will refund your money. I ordered another and they got it right that time. Although it's a little off topic I never thought the rack was right, way too much free play in it, so......I'd check occasionally and found a brand new rack for less than a hundred bucks, they were closing out on that vendor,
    wish I would have done that first.

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Yeah, I realize it is a small thing, but it is the principle that matters here. Their attitude was very uncaring and not helpful at all. They thought I was going to just go away, but I didn't. Now, it will take a while to get my credit because they have to wait for the oil pump to be shipped to their other warehouse, etc.

Don

12. I like the magnets, but buying from them is like eating at McDonalds vs eating at the best local greasy spoon; I've never been asked "how would you like your eggs" at Micky D's. It's a drag.

13. 1pickup

1pickup

I buy a lot of my parts through rockauto.com Quality is as expected. I usually but the cheapest, or at least not the most expensive, especially when it's OT stuff. HOWEVER, I just ordered something for my DD, & this discount code didn't work. So, don't bother to copy & paste.

14. fuzzface

fuzzface

1pickup this is an old thread and if you read it closely that discount code expired 3 months ago.

I order from them quite frequently. Matter of fact I ordered parts 2 days ago from them. never had a problem. yes, you need to group like items to make the shipping nice. I was going to order 1 part and the shipping was $5.98 but adding 4 more similar items only cost me a penny more for a shipping total of $5.99.

sometimes because of shipping, yes, you can once in a while get it cheaper someplace else but then I have to make a road trip instead then which sometimes isn't cost effective for me, especially if you see your buddy's hot rod outside the gin mill when you are going pass. . :)

I will admit though I have never shipped anything back. always made sure I was going to use the item or keep it as a spare on the shelf.

wraymen likes this.
  15. 2935ford

2935ford

I've have had some snotty guys with phone calls to them.

Anyone remember when "the customer was King." ? :)

16. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Try calling Holley tech, you find how close to shit you are..

17. 2935ford

2935ford

^^^^^
    Talked to them many years ago....wasn't that bad that I remember.

18. Needed an OT MG rebuilt generator and the major British car parts places wanted close to 300 plus a core charge. Found a rebuilt Lucas unit at RA for under 40 bucks (last one they had from that rebuilder), shipping included and no core charge. Works great and I got it with in a few days.
    I also picked up a bunch of Wix oil filters and they were about $4 each, even with shipping they were cheaper than the junk filters found at the local parts stores.

19. 1pickup

1pickup

1pickup this is an old thread and if you read it closely that discount code expired 3 months ago.
    duh...never thought to look.

20. evintho

evintho

Here's one that's good for a another month....Oct. 2, 2016

Turbo26T likes this.
  21. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

NOW I AM REALLY PISSED AT ROCK AUTO !!!!!!!!! :mad: After having me take pictures of the water pump I kept, to prove that I really sent back an oil pump, they finally issued credit for it. Look at what charges they hit me with !!!!!!

Store Credit
    Amount (USD): $38.29
    Code: XXXXXXXXD ( I altered it so no one could use it but me)
    Expiration: 09/06/2017

Refunded Items
    SEALED POWER Part # 22443498: Part: $80.79 - Re-Stocking Fee: $36.79 = Total: $44.00
    ReturnLabel: - Return Shipping Deduction: $5.71

A God Damn restocking fee of about half the value of the pump, plus they hit me with $ 5.71 shipping charges !

I will use up that credit and NEVER EVER buy anything from these leaches again. One of the worst companies I have ever dealt with, in attitude and how they treat a long time customer.

Hope none of you ever have to return something, or you will be screwed like I was.

Don

22. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Got home tonight and had this email waiting:

To: donshotrod
    Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 2:36:16 PM
    Subject: Re: [Ticket#101928887] RockAuto Order 49111282 Credit Issued

Hello,

As you are aware we mistakenly issued you store credit for the Water Pump for $30.86 on 8/23/16. That credit is still valid. This credit brings the total credit you have received to $69.15. This is the correct refund you should have received for returning the Oil Pump. The cost of the oil pump was $80.79 and there were two return labels used. $5.93 used to send the part to the location the Water Pump was expected to go to and $5.71 forward the Oil Pump to the correct location for a total ending refund of $69.15.

Thank you,

Devin
    RockAuto Customer Service

Ok, that is reasonable, and I am ok with that credit, but their first email clearly said "Restocking fee $36.79", that was NOT ok. I am going to use my credit up and then never buy there again.

BTW, a very nice HAMB member has been PM'ing me about this and he had a contact at RA. He has been sending him my info and the man there got involved. Possibly that is why they revised their stance and gave me the correct credit. I won't mention the HAMBER, but I thank him very much for taking the time to do this.

Don

23. no55mad

no55mad

Current code 5161133346169253, good to 11/27/16

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    wraymen likes this.