Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Hell Yeah Dragrods!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gamlebilrokker, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Gamlebilrokker

Gamlebilrokker
    from Denmark

I love the aesthetics of Dragrods.

I like this raw stuff, handpainted names, numbers, blowers, injectors, sick engines, slicks sticking out back from the wheelarches, wheelies, moon tanks, engine setbacks, nosebleed stances, straight axles, gloss white wheelwells and chassis, whatever. I like that.

Seemingly a niche topic, though nostalgia drags are apparently still booming. Apparently not many are willing to butcher up their precious tin to represent these machines.

I decided to collect whatever I could find that seems dragrod for me. Now. I didn't create a collection of pure gasser hot rod pics, but more something to inspire, me, you, someone else. I guess just like with my bubbletops I felt like having it all under one roof.

I tried to focus on real period cars, but there are some pics of recent builds, or builds that fit the bill. No shitty freaky ratrods though. If it ain't feeling it, then it isn't here. I also tried not to add Willyses, but some of them are just bitchin', so they are in anyway. Same goes for Topolino racers. There are no tri-five Chevys though. Also no landspeed cars, no streetrods, no highschool hot rods. Though some of them are/were street legal, they need to have the strip additude.

Pure quartermile junk.

Some pics you'll find twice, maybe three times. That's because I managed to find some pics in different qualities, some are just dupicates as it's hard to keep track on how many times Harry Luzaders '32 was photographed looking awesome blablabla...

This is my favourite of all times. I love everything about it, and if the looks weren't enough, it's banger powered. If there is someone out there with more pics or info about this particular car, please PM me!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out this Tudor, nosebleed, moon tank, dragslicks and flat towed behind a Chevy wagon!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one super unusal but hell, it's a T Tudor, no chop but stuffed with a blown flathead!

[​IMG]

Here's a link to my flickr with 850+ pics I found all over the net:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/47504763@N05/albums/72157644778376477

Enjoy and have a great weekend!

duecesteve, slayer, Deuces and 14 others like this.
  2. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

COM-3.jpg I can dream, can't I?

duecesteve, slayer, Deuces and 5 others like this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - Thanks

duecesteve and Deuces like this.

4. Paul

Paul
    Editor

great pictures, quite a few I've never seen before

Deuces likes this.
  5. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Looks very similar to the '31 Vicky that Jimmy White / Circle City Hot Rods built a few years ago. This one is 409-powered.

[​IMG]

6. Neat pics. I'd love to build one.

7. You can, its just a car. Find an old heap that you can lay your hands on and bring it home then grab the sawzall and get after it.

@Gamlebilrokker you have fallen into the proper rabbit hole here my friend, we all appreciate an old door slammer, altered, gas coupe/sedan, fuel coupes, all interrupt our dreams.

Here's a couple that I find inspirational one built in this century around a 20th century race motor and one built probably in the '60s. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now if you will excuse me, "I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date."

Roothawg, duecesteve, slayer and 10 others like this.
  8. My pal Alex has started building a Deuce 5 window. HRP

10392063_1113018072234_6675773_n.jpg

duecesteve, slayer, Deuces and 5 others like this.
  9. LOL your pal Alex is building something with a lot more class than your other friend with the sedan. If I had to build a Deuce it would have to be a 5 window coupe. That car is going to be bitchen. ;)

duecesteve likes this.
  10. My friend Chucky, here on the HAMB, a truly beautiful build.
    chucky.jpg

duecesteve, slayer, Deuces and 13 others like this.
  11. Thanks Craig!
    Here's one I stumbled on recently. It blows my mind. I love the 'altered' spindle mounts (never used on a gasser:rolleyes:), the super wide rears, the tinted windows, etc. etc. etc.
    What ever it was this guy was smokin'...I want some!
    image.jpeg

duecesteve, slayer, Deuces and 12 others like this.
  12. Here going to be another great thread lets keep it going. I'll have to check my Pic's I know I have some great ones to go on here. :cool:

13. Thanks my favourite style of Hot rod. This is going to be a cool thread . My next project is a 27 T coupe DRAG ROD it should be a lot of fun.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    AHotRod likes this.
  14. Gamlebilrokker

Gamlebilrokker
    from Denmark

15. My heap is a survivor from the 60s drag strips. Now does street and strip. WIN_20150308_152221.JPG WIN_20150412_144608.JPG

Driver50x, SS327, duecesteve and 13 others like this.
  16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Sam's 9 second - 1/4 not 1/8th! - monster image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

duecesteve, slayer, Deuces and 13 others like this.
  17. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

18. The cars that always amaze me are the coupes with the mega setback. I mean where do you sit??? :D
    [​IMG]

In an old sedan like my latest pipe dream you can jus move the seats back. But in a coupe you area little limited. :eek:

This is a fresh build out of Nebraska. It will make the 3 hour drive to the Greaserama. Makes my knees hurt just to think of it. Bit you cannot deny the cool factor.

[​IMG]

slayer, Deuces, chryslerfan55 and 6 others like this.
  19. Gamlebilrokker

Gamlebilrokker
    from Denmark

The driver sat in it like a monkey on a sanding pad. So simple. They ain't traveling far or long, don't think creature comforts was on the bucketlist.
    Period pics reveal the nuttiest contraptions for controlls and legroom.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. chriseakin

chriseakin

I'm sure I've seen at least one photo of a car with the driver's seat in the trunk....

21. My engine is only set back a little amount, and room inside is still very limited. Not really any comfort, but I have had a GREAT time suffering in this car for over 8 hours on the road, not counting stops for gas. Thats when you get to move your legs and get the feeling back in your butt again. LOL. Good times! WIN_20151115_135326.JPG

Driver50x, SS327, slayer and 8 others like this.
  22. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

23. Love the Hi Jinx coupe, that is WICKED!

24. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

25. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

26. I actually recently saw a roadster with the driver seat in the rumble seat. I'm not sure that I can find it.

This is the one I was thinking about. This one is powered by a Ranger aircraft motor.

[​IMG]

That would actually put you in a dragster/digger class.

chryslerfan55 likes this.