Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Finally got my dream car-58 lincoln premiere!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29tudor, Nov 4, 2015.

1. brickhead07

brickhead07
    from IL

Beautiful car. I've always loved the styling of the 58-59 Lincolns. Here's my 58 Continental I recently picked up.

Attached Files:

Spoggie and 29tudor like this.
  2. Judd

Judd

Perry Mason wants his ride back! LOL. Cool ride.

3. 29tudor

29tudor

Okay starting with the steering and front suspension. Hopefully by spring ill have the basic mechanicals on this car disassembled, degreased, blasted, painted, rebuilt and back on the car. I've been able to find all the seals, bearings, ball joints etc I should need but this stuff's expensive! I did all this on my 52 customline for probably less than half the price! Ah well, ill forget all about the cost when I'm cruising with no worries next spring. Ill keep you all posted as i scrape away at nearly 60 years of smeg.

Attached Files:

4. MOTOV8N

MOTOV8N
    from Manitoba

That dash cluster glows like a jukebox!!

michael knight likes this.
  5. Johnnee D.

Johnnee D.

cool ride! congratulations...

6. 29tudor

29tudor

Well I got most the front suspension rebuilt. I cut 1 coil off the new springs so well see where it all sits when its back on the ground. Ps pumps rebuilt, almost time for the fun stuff. Im planning on modifying the rear skirts and spraying the roof pearl white before spring.

Attached Files:

Spoggie likes this.
  7. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

What a beautiful barge. Still the biggest unit construction car ever made. Be careful when you lift or jack it up and use the lift points recommended by the factory.

8. 29tudor

29tudor

Alright well the front suspensions done. I'm gonna take a break from the mechanicals and decided to give er a face lift with some new single stage super jet black . So i got the trunk lid stripped, some emblem holes welded shut and a couple coats of epoxy. I'm gonna strip one panel at a time, do the metal work, epoxy primer, body work, a coat of polyetester primer, block, prime, wetsand, spray.
    clear as mud?

Attached Files:

9. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are a braver man than I. I too love these cars, but not enough to actually own one. Congratulations and best of luck.

Spoggie likes this.
  10. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Factory lightweight at 5000lbs+:D

11. B_____I_____T_____C_____H_____I_____N'...............

140105-Mk2Cont\'60.jpg

This big white one is local..

12. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

You've got a really nice car....this is a pic of my dad (trying to look classy??) after he just bought his in 58'....these Lincolns are pure class...I'm sure you'll get noticed big-time:D...have fun!---- Ray 014.jpg

13. 29tudor

29tudor

1458242354965.jpg
    Finally gettin some fresh paint on er. Its only the bottom of the hood but its somethin!

14. tevintage

tevintage

Hi 29t:
    It is wonderful to see you rescuing the 58 Lincoln. They are at the height of 50's styling at it's best extravagance. I see this white one driving around Temecula, CA and it always stops me in my tracks to admire the great style. Keep us posted. Thanks. TEB

Attached Files:

15. 1951Merk

1951Merk

Too cool...congrats on your dream car! I feel the same about my 51 Merc...doesn't get any better than having YOUR dream car....enjoy

Sent from my VS986 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. 29tudor

29tudor

Tevintage thats a beautiful rag top! Thanks for sharing

Sent from my LGLS991 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

tevintage likes this.
  17. 29tudor

29tudor

Well I got most the metal work done, just finishing up the driver side then onto the last of the epoxy primer and mud work. Got all the rear trim and rear bumper rechromed and it turned out beyond awesome. Thanks to the chrome shop in Menasha and keystone. All the suspension painted completely rebuilt and back in. Lowered the rear 4" and the front 3" but cuttin the coil springs. C notched the rear, rebuilt all the brakes. It's decked, nosed and Shaved the antenna, side view mirror and "premiere" emblems off the quarters. Didn't wanna lose too much chrome, just cleaned it up a little. It's movin slow but it's movin...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Those cars are so wild, they deserve the love.

[​IMG]

19. verde742

verde742

license plate: AlaBORD ?

20. MOTOV8N

MOTOV8N
    from Manitoba

21. Not gonna pass many others on the road. Love the steering wheel.

22. Wow! what a car!

23. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Looking good. Was helping a friend pick up a car from the painter yesterday when we spotted another 58 on a guy property. It was another 2dr like yours. Seems like most of the ones I see a 4drs.

29tudor likes this.
  24. 29tudor

29tudor

Alright I figured I'd try n keep this up to date on the metal work. I picked up 2 rocker patch panels, I'm going to use both on the drivers side. I only had to put a few small hand made patches in the passenger side but I have to replace the whole drivers side from wheel well to wheel well so here it goes. I trimmed one patch to fit in the door opening and the other to go on the bottom of the fender and quarter panel. I melted out the lead seam that holds the bottom of the fender to the rocker. I'll be seaming the rocker here and right after the door opening. I just measured and cut everything tonight. I'll have access to a long sheet metal brake this weekend and I have to make a few bends on the bottom of the patches.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app