Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Barn find while hunting for cobra in Houston area?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gigem, Aug 24, 2016.

1. ace5043

ace5043
    from Florida

Your name says it all...thanks for being ignorant and generalizing all cops are the same. Thankfully not all cops characterize all hot rodders as derelicts. Think before you make an accusation, we have enough idiots casting aspersions making the job harder than it already is.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Road Runner

Road Runner

Another escaped exotic 'pet' not native to Texas.
    News reports say the snake, after caught, was returned back to the owner who had all the proper permits and apologized to the community.
    No worries, bud. It can only kill an elephant or up to 20 men. Enjoy it's company.

I took the head off another rattler a couple days ago, that was right up at the fine mesh reinforced fence surrounding the house that is there for that reason.
    I don't like doing this and feel sorry for them as they have been longer around here than native americans.
    They take care of rodents and are rather harmless to people and let you know if you are anywhere close by several yards.

But after two of my (young) dogs got bitten in the past decade, I have no mercy and dispose of about one per year if they are right at the house and I see and hear them.

Btw: Both dogs survived and recovered completely after cortisone shots (forget about expensive antivenom).

Poor snakes - the standard ones are only about 3 foot long and this one had about ten segments on the rattle - so about 3 years old.
    Those are rather easily taken care off, but I hope I never have to encounter a fat large 'diamond back' at the house, which are not as common, as it would have to get shot.
    - At least I could make a guitar strap out of a bigger one.

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

They probably would have shot you.

4. Model T1

Model T1

We recently moved from the boonies of Florida back to central Illinois. I haven't seen a Gator, snake, Fire ant, or cop standing on an old car since. Damned I miss Florida!

falcongeorge likes this.
  5. IMG_1472387781.484173.jpg
    My initial reaction was that any of us would react by jumping up on something/fleeing but 2 out of 3 people in this picture aren't...

6. i have an uncle that says he loves snakes so much, he takes a shovel and makes two snakes......

7. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Was walking at the rear of my house when I thought I saw a snake duck back in a small opening the lizards keep running in & out of. Walked by there later & he rattled at me. Didn't see him at first, but when I found him I got him to move into the open with the garden hose. Once I got him where I wanted him I dispatched him with a shovel. Teach him to rattle at me.

8. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Remember all - a snake can STILL bite you up to an hour after being beheaded!!

9. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

What's sad is the folks will have all kinds of people at their door asking about the car.

10. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mrs. Highlander just looked at the picture. To quote, "What the... fuckin sissy!". I told her it's a cobra and... "Yeah well..." I guess my antics all these years have her fooled? I dunno, forget that it's an old car. No way I'd do that let alone be photographed. Gotta have some pride, no?

falcongeorge likes this.
  11. Fedman

Fedman

:eek:

12. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

They really can Fedman.The problem isnt so much killing the snake as it is making him realize he has undergone a change of status.If you remove the business end they arent bad eating.Like most reptiles they taste like whatever you cooked them in.

13. mike bowling

mike bowling

Dirty pants and a "T" shirt? Yuk!
    Needs lots of hot sauce!

falcongeorge likes this.
  14. Fedman

Fedman

:eek::eek: (2 this time...... because 1 will not do!) :p
    I Hate Snakes!

15. BLACKPRIMERFAN

BLACKPRIMERFAN
    from OH/MI LINE

The two guys looking for the cobra are dressed appropriately, ... They wore their brown pants. Ever see the movie Deadpool???

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Hell just watch a documentary on Cobras some time! Those things scare the SHIT out of me. But that sure as hell doesnt give me or anyone else the right to stand on someone elses property. Gotta love a healthy sense of entitlement...:rolleyes:

17. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hmm, sounds like a job for a Honey Badger. Not seeing that thing trained to be friendly, either...
    There's a vid on youtube on HB vs Cobra. The result is rather interesting. The cover commentary is hilarious... Don't have link handy, unfortunately.
    Marcus...

timmy2times and falcongeorge like this.
  18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

"honey badger don't care". :p

slowmotion likes this.
  19. I seen that video about a year or so at worj we laughed so hard.

Sent from my LGMS330 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

clunker and falcongeorge like this.
  20. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

It takes a special kind of idiot to stand on top of a car. Part of me wishes that his feet slipped on that sloped lid and he fell down on his ass.

falcongeorge likes this.