Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage New England Dragway swap meet 8/28/16

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olcurmdgeon, Aug 28, 2016.

1. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Great day weather wise, good crowd as it was both the monthly swap meet and the Mass Street Rod Nostalgia drags on the track. So we had a sound track of hipo while browsing the aisles. Good food from the Hampton Legion Post as always. This is the first time for me at this event, seldom get to go with my caregiver duties but a grandson helped me out today. Saw lots of old friends, looked at stuff and more stuff and enjoyed easy parking and short walk to the flea market. These are a couple of local cars parked near me, Joe Malerba's coupe fresh to NE from S.C. and Jim Cushman's shoe box. 001.JPG 002.JPG

TFoch likes this.
  2. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Lots to look at in the swap meet, tried to get window cards as I know guys like to compare prices. 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 010.JPG 009.JPG

ABONES likes this.
  3. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

4. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

5. Pete

Pete

Best swap meet in years! The main lot filled up by 7:30 am.... Snack shack ran out of egg-n-cheese, donuts and coffe at 8:30.

Lots more venders and people buying, prolly due to the nostalgia drags, hopefully everybody is on the same page about the new "stable" monthly swap meet location. I heard folks saying they went to Amherst to vend but turned around and headed to the raceway.

It was a good day.

Church Key and ABONES like this.
  6. Sporty45

Sporty45

As usual my planning sucks, and I couldn't make it. Ended up finishing a floor tile project that took longer than expected. :mad:
    Maybe next time! :D

7. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

8. jim snow

jim snow

Thanks for the photos. Snowman

9. Thanks for posting. Had planned on attending but couldn't make it. Had to help out a family member.

10. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Well maybe next year..

11. Pete

Pete

It's every month.

12. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was a fantastic event today. A lot of racers, show cars and great swap meet.

13. Pete

Pete

There were some great deals at the swap meet! Lots of early ford stuff and a good mixture of muscle car stuff.

14. gonzo

gonzo

^^^I bought a box of randomn junk that included a Mallory dual point, NOS Mallory cap and a Sun tach drive. I also managed to unload an transmission that I'm pretty sure the new owner will use instead of sandbags for winter driving traction.^^^

15. Sorry I missed it. Wont be back on my feet for about 2 more weeks (hopefully).

16. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

Swapmeet was great today as well as the racing. I bought a couple small things. Lots of people seemed to be buying.

17. Pete

Pete

Haha.... Nice

But true!

18. Pete

Pete

John.... I almost put the tranny in a random bed of a pick up in the spectators parking lot... True story.

gonzo likes this.
  19. swifty

swifty

Thanks for the pics and the prices. Lots of cars for sale.

20. gonzo

gonzo

That would've been mint.

21. ace5043

ace5043
    from Florida

Thanks for the pics & post

22. I stopped at Amherst on the way up from Connecticut. It appeared to be only about 20% full. It's a shame as I had been going to Amherst for the last 49 years. I hope things continue to be good at Epping.

Church Key likes this.
  23. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Hey Nick, how are you? Was my first time to NED swapmeet and it is easy to see why it is growing in popularity. Pull right off 101, into parking lot and short walk to level field with vendors. Was good to get out and see a lot of guys I haven't seen in a long time.