Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration #### 8/26 Friday Awesome Show ####

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frogz, Aug 26, 2016.

1. I started this last week, but never finished it. 010.jpg

Animal, nmpontiac, Cruisin' and 3 others like this.
  2. I'm not sure if color helps it, so I tried it both ways. 011.jpg

3. Jose85

Jose85

Few sketches after a long time... 41mercuryclubcoupe.jpg 49chevyformal.jpg 47studebakerxb47.jpg 51chevy.jpg riviera.jpg

4. Buzznut

Buzznut

Maybe we should start a Friday photography show, so we can keep the art separate.... Just a thought, but I know some others are thinking it as well.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  5. A day late and a dollar down....
    Diggin' the work posted, be it pix or renderings.
    Have a fab weekend!

IMG_7245polo_A4_A4oilorthdrbrtglowlogo.jpg

Jet96, Frogz, chriseakin and 8 others like this.
  6. Buzznut I think that's a great Idea. I for one love both. I like taking photos, It take's lots of imagination, and it is art. But it doesn't take near the time, that it does to sketch something. It really is two separate forms of Art. I would like to post some of my photos, but I thought they may not fit here. Here are two examples. And thanks Ron... 001.jpg 032.jpg

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    Jet96, Animal, nmpontiac and 6 others like this.
  7. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

I didn't do anything new on topic this week so just to participate I did a quick photo edit;

steel5w.jpg

I also did this slightly OT small pastel painting of an abandoned truck;
    PAS009-9x12-0816-L.jpg

8. jose85 there's some great ideas there. The 51 Chevy is neat. I hope we see some more art guys, as Friday is almost over. I just added color to this Studebaker. I kind of like playing with water colors. Its going to take some practice. Davkin, I like the photo, of the model A. Did you add the lace? And why would the 42 Ford truck be OT? The chevelle may be though. I'm just wandering can it be edited out? I don't know how to do photo shop. but it looks like it would be fun. 013.jpg

9. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

Well, the truck isn't a hot rod or a custom so...

Someone more talented and patient than me could edit out the Chevelle. The lace was already on the car. I am thinking now that photo might make a good painting.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  10. That was an ongoing thread on Wednesdays through Friday a few years back but the decision was made
    to roll them into one art thread. Photography is art in it’s purest form. The debate has been had over digitally enhanced photos and very few, who do it well, still post here. I love seeing well lit, artistically composed photography.
    It is a great balance to the other mediums.

11. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

OK, Mark, you talked me into it....digitally enhanced, of course! HAMB (100 of 1)-6.jpg

12. A little something before Friday is done. Lately, I don't have much time to draw. But, I did fool around with this Kong sketch some more few months back. Put some Photoshop enhancement tonight to make it more interesting.
    Good night everyone.

Koehler_bros_kong.jpg

13. Frogz

Frogz

Ahaha, extra optional parts for young model builders :)

Glue 'Em If You Got 'Em :D

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    Jigger likes this.
  14. But, which is the art, the photo or the car? That is one sweet coupe! ( nicely framed...)

To be clear, I wasn't knocking digitally edited or enhanced photos. There are several artists who post here with exceptional artistic vision, skills and tastes. A couple regulars and a few who aren't as regular as I wish they were. I also understand that digital touch ups and enhancements are used to tighten up, tidy up or strengthen the images impact. The pros do so with undetectable talent. I think this coupe image would be the later.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    57 Corvette ~ Bob likes this.
  15. robber

robber

..."Radiant Beauty"... :) cp 642.JPG

16. robber

robber

..."Seen of Tranquility"... :) cp 618.JPG

17. robber

robber

..."C C Rider"... :) cp 644.JPG

18. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

No worries, Mark; I knew how you felt, my comment was aimed toward those who don't care for extreme post-processing (which I try to avoid, although I do get carried away occasionally). I posted a deuce on here once with a brush filter added and someone knocked it. You went to bat for me and defended my work and I thank you again for that. Some of the guys now submitting use the brush filters quite well and some, well........

Jigger likes this.
  19. philo426

philo426

Stoneshield Hudson.

20. Let me see what I have IMG_2567.JPG

21. philo426

philo426

35 or 6 Ford.Very cool!

22. dellyjonut

dellyjonut
    from St. louis

How about art practice. Have you done your 100 live drills lately?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app