Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need help!! wheel cylinders!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by llonning, Aug 25, 2016.

1. llonning

llonning

Working on a 1938 Chrysler Royal. Car is in fairly good shape, but the owner has tried his own repairs. Now I am needing rear wheel cylinders for this thing. I have been able to find everything else so far. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Len

2. how bad are the cylinders? cups should be available to rebuild them.
    you can also send them out to "white post restorations" they can bore, S.S. sleeve and rebuild your original ones.

3. llonning

llonning

Thanks, guys!! the pistons are really stuck in the bores. trying to get them out to see if a rebuild kit will work or not. I have known about SS sleeves for quite some time. Just never had to have that done. Personally I would prefer to replace with new if possible. But the owner in an extreme tightwad.

4. oldolds

oldolds

Rig up some adapters to put grease fittings in the bleeders and pump some grease in them to get the pistons out

5. Hagens Auto Parts may have replacements, too.

6. Try N.B. Pease Antique Auto Parts in Palmer, Mass. 1-413-283-7620. Nelson specializes in mechanical parts. closed Monday, and Wednesday.

7. llonning

llonning

Thanks again guys. Got the pistons out late yesterday, got a whole lot of corrosion!. Owner wants to try rebuild kits, so they are on the way. I am NOT going to hold my breath with these things, at least not yet.
    I just want to get it done and gone.

Len