Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Linda Vaughn

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speedys Garage, Aug 25, 2016.

1. I just read on another site that Linda Vaughn suffered a heart attack .
    Would like to wish her a speedy recovery.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    benke likes this.
  2. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There's nothing about her that's as sexy as her persona. I can honestly say I feel her pain and wish her a speedy recovery.

I met her a long time ago at the Columbus PRI, and in 06 or 07 (can't recall) I had the honor of painting a new "golden shifter" for her to use at that year's Olds/Hurst reunion. I asked those guys for a picture, never got it... :(

3. slowmotion

slowmotion

Classiest lady in motorsports. Met her the first time at the Springs in Columbus, mid 70s. Don't think she ever met a stranger, at least that's the way she made everybody feel. What a sweetheart, get well soon Linda.

4. Saw her a couple of yrs. ago at the York US 30 Reunion. She spent hours patiently giving out autographs and being photographed with fans. Such a classy lady, I wish her all the best for a speedy and complete recovery.

5. belair

belair

6. She is one of the nicest people to ever walk this earth. A very personable lady with class. Get well soon Linda.

7. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

We saw her at SEMA last year, looking beautiful, and talking to everyone.
    Speedy Recovery Linda!!

8. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Best wishes and a speedy recovery.

9. Gene Boul

Gene Boul

Nice lady, wish her well!

10. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Prayers for a fast and thorough recovery!
    Her beauty radiates from within, and she is always anxious to share it with all that she meets.
    KK

Speedys Garage likes this.
  11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Watched her from afar like many of us, always seemed like you could actually sit down and talk shop with her.
    Many years ago at the big Friday night shindig at the Doubletree in Bakersfield (CHRR), a few of us guys were sitting around and she came by us and acted like she had met (every one of us) before.
    You know it's not an act when you say to yourself "did that just happen".

Get well soon Linda.

12. slowmotion

slowmotion

^^^ That's exactly the vibe I got when I met her Denny. Hell, I'd never been in the same state as her, yet she made it seem like we were old buds...:D

13. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I've only seen her from a distance, standing behind a crowd....big smile, and friendly to everybody....wish I could have got in closer! I hope she gets well real soon....just a fine, lovely lady!

14. tractorguy

tractorguy

Sitting on pit wall at Indy with a friend in the late 1980's. My friend had done lots of motorsports work with GM in the Indianapolis area and knew lots of people and lots of people knew him. Looked over and saw Linda walking our way. She quickened her step and gave my friend a giant bear hug. He introduced me to her and we talked for several minutes. She acted just like we had been friends for years. A class act........oh and then next to come walking up was Smokey Yunick with a very nice blonde I'll swear was about 7ft. tall. Those were the days my friend.

15. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My prayers are with Linda...every time we meet, she remembers me. (known her since '61 or thereabouts, but she knows and remembers tens of thousands! I only have to remember ONE of her...but there IS only one of her)

16. Marken

Marken

Wish her well. Have not seen her in years, but will always remember the first time. One fine lady.

17. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

She's the reason I love cars. Real cars. I met her at Orange County International Raceway in the early 70's.
    With years away from spending a dollar, or having a dollar to spend, on cars, she treated me like one of the guys.
    I don't know what I said but I'll bet it was unintelligible.
    I have absolutely loved her ever since.
    All the prayers and strength for her in my prayers.

18. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

I've only seen her in pictures (mostly on here) but wish her a speedy recovery and offer my condolences on her loss.

19. Lil32

Lil32

Get well soon Linda
    I had open heart surgery 10 years ago and with the advancement of medicine she will be OK
    Noel

czuch and Speedys Garage like this.
  20. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

About four years ago at the Rod Rider Banquet, who walks in? Linda, she heard we were have a banquet at the Fergusons and wanted to stop by. All of a sudden there were blubbering 18 year olds in 60 year old bodies.
    She talked to everyone of them with a smile and a story. I was so awestruck I only took like one picture of her.

21. toml24

toml24

I've met Linda the last 2 years at the Fabulous Fords Forever Car Show at Knotts Berry Farm in Southern California. This year she allowed me a photo-op with my arm gently placed around her, WOW!!!! Linda is my new best friend! Get well soon Linda!

22. greybeard360

greybeard360

I messaged Diane Sox a little while ago. She said Linda is "getting along".

Sent from my LG-H343 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. I was lucky enough to spend some time with her at an early SEMA show in Las Vegas. Wonderful lady. Hope she gets well soon.

24. funk 49

funk 49

get well
    Funk 49

25. oldsroller

oldsroller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from PA

Nothing but the best of wishes for her and wish her a speedy recovery. She is a great person, my daughter and I look forward to seeing and talking to her every chance we get.

26. I have met Linda on a couple occasions and as others have noted-she always treats you like an old friend.
    A true motorsports legend.
    Wishing her All the Best for a speedy recovery.
    Get well soon Linda!

27. rm621

rm621

Had the pleasure of talking with her a couple times at the Performance Warehouse show in Portland back in the early 90's. I can agree, very nice and accommodating. You have to have respect for a pretty woman that deals with a bunch of ruthless, perverted car guys!

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I've never met her, but I DO know someone who danced with her, does that count??:D Best wishes for a speedy recovery, sure liked her poster when I was 13/14! HOT DAMN!!

29. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I met her in Melbourne some years ago at a trade event and she spoke to me outside. Once inside I spoke to her again with a company I used to deal with. I wish her a speedy recovery.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016