Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Anybody else go to Isky's 95th Birthday Party?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kennkat, Aug 22, 2016.

1. kennkat

kennkat

The wife and I went over to Onyx with Don Waldron (event co-sponsor) and Curt Hamilton (Cal Automotive co-founder) for the "CAMFATHER's" 95th Birthday Celebration and it was GREAT!

Attached Files:

2. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Happy Birthday Mr. Isky, and many more:)

3. hotrodtodd1960

hotrodtodd1960

Yes I was there , what a great man and a true gentleman here's to many more!!

Attached Files:

4. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Wow, 95!.. Shows that hot rodding can be good for your health!

kennkat, kiwijeff and hotrodtodd1960 like this.

5. kennkat

kennkat

YES Ed is! In the mid thru late 70's the company I worked for had a close relationship with Isky cams.. Ed was always very helpful and his facility seemed 'wide open' to our needs... At this celebration I got the chance to spend 10 or 15 min with "Mr Iskenderian" discussing that time and my boss "Tommy Baker".... Ed remembered it all, EVERY detail! What a Great Guy.... I hope we all warmed his heart that day, he sure warmed mine!

Attached Files:

kiwijeff and hotrodtodd1960 like this.
  6. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations Mr. Iskendarian! It's somehow comforting to know that some of the founders are still with us.

On a similar vein, they had the NHRA meet from Brainerd on TV at the place I was having lunch yesterday. I'm really not into contemporary drag racing, but I do watch the top fuelers. I looked up, and to my amazement, one of the finalists was Chris Karamesines. The guy is over 80 and still running top fuel! I remember I was racing at Minnesota Dragways in the early '60's, and wanted to re-torque the heads on my "D-Altered", but didn't have a torque wrench Chris lent us his, no problem. This guy has got to be a living legend!

elgringo71 likes this.
  7. I'm sorry I missed it - I had been invited by Don Waldron to go, but in the middle of a build for SEMA and am behind and it was a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive each way! I just couldn't lose a full day of working on the car:(
    Thanks for posting pictures

8. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Thanks for sharing. He doesn`t look near that age.

9. deucemac

deucemac

I've been to all his parties since his 90th. This year was bigger and better than the others, and they were great too! Ed is a genuine genius. The short dissertation he gave us all while being interviewed by Dave McClelland on overlap/fifth cycle was amazing. Had the great fortune to sit with Al Teague and the LSR gang. I'm looking forward to next year already! I had the good fortune to have Ed all to myself for about 20 minutes early in the morning, an absolute treat!

Attached Files:

10. Wow, too cool.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  11. roughneck424

roughneck424

Yes I was there too. Drove my car up. Followed Rocky and the "Evil Twin up the canyon

12. shortypu

shortypu

Me and the wife went and had a great time.Nice small get together with a lot of cool people and cars. IMG_3313.JPG IMG_3282.JPG IMG_3285.JPG IMG_3284.JPG IMG_3289.JPG IMG_3296.JPG IMG_3275.JPG IMG_7669.jpg IMG_9883.jpg IMG_8369.jpg IMG_24241.jpg IMG_9405.jpg

kennkat, funk 49 and hotrodtodd1960 like this.