Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 63 biscayne Shock question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twin city knight, Aug 25, 2016.

1. twin city knight

twin city knight

Hi guys, I have a 63 biscayne that I resurrected and I'm trying to get it to daily driver status. It's got 2" drop spindles and 2 coils cut off all four springs. It's not as low as you'd think, but I grew up on mini trucks so maybe my perspective is skewed....but I digress.

Two things-

I need shorter shocks for the rear and I'm curious if anyone found anything from maybe a newer vehicle that's a bit shorter. I know drop shocks exist but that's not in the budget.

The front shocks I got from the parts store are different than what I'm used to dealing with. In the pic, the washer came out of the cup on both front shocks. This seems like a terrible design--is there a normal shock that uses the two bushings like from an s10 I could use? I have my front end apart to do control arm bushings and don't really want to buy these again if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance, and I apologize if this is in the wrong place--I haven't used the ham in a few years.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. BLACKNRED

BLACKNRED

Try Chevelle shocks, they are about 1-2" shorter

3. twin city knight

twin city knight

4. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

check the late 80s impala. I use air shocks for a 86 impala on my 59. they are shorter.Maybe the others are also.

5. sunbeam

sunbeam

It's also a good idea to loosen the bushings bolts on the rear axle and retighten them with the weight on the wheels so the rubber in bushings is relaxed.