Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1936 Ford 5 window

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Drag'n 59, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Drag'n 59

Drag'n 59
    from DALLAS, TX

Thanks, that's the plan. I am going to make the interior real nice, but leave the outside alone until I win the lottery so I can afford paint and body work.

2. Good plan.

3. There's some info I needed, thank you very much. I knew my 35's color was darker, but didn't have a name.

4. pitman

pitman

5. Drag'n 59

Drag'n 59
    from DALLAS, TX

Got my package tray mostly built. 1/2" aluminum honeycomb. Stereo is all hooked up. Eventually I will cover it in leather or burl wood when the time comes. Speakers will not be visible when I get around to upholstery. Will be making some slats and leather straps to actually mount a small suitcase later on.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. 1 KooL "MoFo"

1 KooL "MoFo"

WOW !!!! what a score you had a nice truck but this 36 ford coupe is SUPPER clean

Ranchero59 and Drag'n 59 like this.
  7. 1 KooL "MoFo"

1 KooL "MoFo"

what dose she have under the hood ?How dose she run ? what are your plans for her besides the paint ?
    will you keep her or trade ???

8. elturo

elturo
    from So. Okla

Hope to get my 36' looking as good as yours. Love your ride man !

9. Ed Rios

Ed Rios

Love your 36.

Drag'n 59 likes this.
  10. Drag'n 59

Drag'n 59
    from DALLAS, TX

It has a 350/350 combo. Runs great and rides real nice. Besides paint someday, I want to do some custom skirts and a really nice interior. that's really about it. Keep it pretty simple.

11. Drag'n 59

Drag'n 59
    from DALLAS, TX

Thank you very much!

12. Drag'n 59

Drag'n 59
    from DALLAS, TX

Been a while... All I've done is drive it and deal with the cooling issue I have always had. Finally put a high flow pump and thermostat on, along with a new pusher fan. That combo seemed to help out quite a bit. Only other option I have is to do major surgery and pull the engine, cut the firewall to move the engine back to be able to fit a puller fan w/ shroud. I also made a steel glove box. That's about it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. blucar

blucar

14. blucar

blucar

Attached Files:

15. I don't know if you receive alerts for this thread but you received a PM for this coupe ;)

16. Nice find. I love 36 fords. Had a 5 window for ten years and like a idiot, I sold it. Still miss it It was also blue.

17. Drag'n 59

Drag'n 59
    from DALLAS, TX

BLUCAR, interesting info. i'm not sure, I will have to check.

18. Drag'n 59

Drag'n 59
    from DALLAS, TX

I finally broke down and replaced the factory steering box with a Borgeson Vega box. It made a world of difference in how it handles. In that process I modified the original column so that I could retain the factory column lock.. I am about to slap some new 16" wheels and tires, so I can run my Lyon caps. I had the wheels painted the original Washington Blue color of the car. Should have them on by next weekend.

Attached Files:

spurgeonforge and LBCD like this.
  19. I did the same thing. After trying to get the play out of a very good '46 steering box I finally bought a new Borgeson Mullin Vega.box and it has no play and it steers almost like power steering. I also like your choice of hub caps. '36 all done 002.JPG

51box, guthriesmith, LBCD and 2 others like this.
  20. Sweet & Low

Sweet & Low

Can you guy's tell us about what it took to make that upgrade to a Vega Box. Any pic's would be cool.

21. Adam Towne

Adam Towne

Awesome car....

22. Drag'n 59

Drag'n 59
    from DALLAS, TX

It's been a long time since I've posted any updates. I started a suspension redo after Roundup 2018. I sold off all of my old parts to fund the new stuff. It's been a fun project so far. I really like what I've done with the original column. I wanted to retain the column lock and switch. I had to cut the column down and shift things around to make sure it still operated correctly. I used a roller bearing up top and a CPP column saver at the bottom. I retained about half of the original shaft, then welded a splined shaft to it so I could put a proper u-joint on the column end. I will probably hook up my horn to the original column drop switch. Rebuilt the 3rd member and put new coil overs out back. My buddy Ricky Bradley at Bradley's Cowtown Customs put in a new, deeper firewall and lower patch panels for me.

kidcampbell71 and harpo1313 like this.
  23. Drag'n 59

Drag'n 59
    from DALLAS, TX

Got the steering linkage, trans crossmember and motor mounts in. Need to final weld everything. Pulled the motor out and have started to clean and freshen it up.

Attached Files:

24. sololobo

sololobo

super cool hot rod, so cool to be getting all the goodies about it's history. nice trade