Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Roll Call! Southeast Gassers Chattanooga, TN, Saturday August 27th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TLB@HCG, Aug 15, 2016.

1. TLB@HCG

TLB@HCG

Well it's sort of Chattanooga, TN....it's technically in Ringgold, Georgia, but Brainerd Optimist Drag Strip is less than a mile from the Tennessee/Georgia state line, near Chattanooga. The Brainerd Optimist Club has owned a drag strip in this area since 1957, but moved to the current location in 1964, the height of the gasser era, so this track is rich in drag racing history. The Southeast Gassers Association will be making its first appearance at Brainerd Drag Strip on Saturday, August 27th. Quain Stott and crew are expecting 30 or more period correct gassers to be on hand in both A/Gas and C/Gas classes, as well as the possibility of a few exhibition cars. I'm fired up because I love seeing these cars in action, and I missed the Knoxville race earlier this year. I'm posting the flyer here...it's a pretty simple deal...pay $10 to get in and enjoy period correct gassers all day (along with a regular bracket racing program). Who's gonna be there? I might try to drag one of my junkers down there to "display". 13734954_1059259634156636_1839563273803541226_o.jpg

Hamtown Al likes this.
  2. slack

slack

Me and the boy are planning to go. You runnin somethin?

3. TLB@HCG

TLB@HCG

Nah, I don't have anything that actually runs at the moment. We might drag one of our old cars down just to display or something.

4. TLB@HCG

TLB@HCG

This Saturday...it's gonna be good!

5. bbhotrod34

bbhotrod34
    from dalton, ga

hope to see all my hotrod buddies yhis saturday, looking foward to seeing tony in the quick and dirty hemi coupe go at it.

6. Phil1934

Phil1934

Bringing this back up before Saturday. Close to me so I'm going.

7. slack

slack

Man, that was so cool. Took the fam and had a great time (took pics but they suck). The "White Trash" Anglia got into some oil and swapped lanes, damn near went over but saved it and slowed against the guard rail to come back in the next race. What a wild ride that must've been. What a great organization. Hope they come back next year.