Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dodge This - 1939 Dodge Southeast Gasser Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dog_Patch, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

I was secretly hoping they would add races to this season, but didn't want to jinx it I know Quain works really hard on the SEG, and didn't want to seem negative about a season ending in August. Now we can rejoice and enjoy up to the holiday season once again.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  2. Wooo! That was a fast weekend. We had a good time despite the heat. Those sweaty memories fade but the cars and friends memories are going to stay for a long time! Big thanks to Daron Grey and Dee for herding the cats. Quain had his hands full with all the cars we had and he still raced - don't know how he does it, but we really appreciate it.

The track is really nice - enough seating for 1,000's for sure. The sand pit at the end goes by a swamp and they told Kim to not take our dogs down there as there's an alligator down there that's been known to snatch dogs :eek:

Again I can't thank the guys behind the scenes enough for the effort to organize and run these races!

IMG_3165.JPG IMG_3162.JPG IMG_3159.JPG IMG_3157.JPG IMG_3153.JPG IMG_3150.JPG IMG_3147.JPG IMG_3145.JPG IMG_3143.JPG IMG_3140.JPG IMG_3139.JPG IMG_3138.JPG IMG_3137.JPG IMG_3136.JPG IMG_3135.JPG IMG_3134.JPG IMG_3133.JPG IMG_3132.JPG IMG_3131.JPG IMG_3129.JPG

3. Thanks for the pics. Looks like a good one, but too hot for this old man. I'll be back out when it's cooler.

4. captmullette

captmullette

great videos......thanks

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Thx for posting videos Tony.

6. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Thanks for the pics! How many are coming to Clay City Ky, Sept 10?

Dog_Patch likes this.
  7. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Hopefully at least one Canadian!!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  8. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Can't wait, didn't think I'd ever get to see and m eet you all.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  9. cs39ford

cs39ford

Just Awesome great pics & video

Dog_Patch likes this.
  10. Awesome video Tony. We will see you at the next race and yes I am bringing the Skairlane out to play finally. Plan on testing it around here next week. Can't wait to finally get to join the fun

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Tyresmoke

Tyresmoke
    from Norfork

Dog_Patch likes this.
  12. Don't be strangers! There were so many cars at Darlington it was had to get to every pit and say hi to everybody. After we packed up Sunday morning I started to realize I missed talking to some folks.

Higgy's Henry likes this.
  13. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

I'll be stopping by with your beer!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  14. The August 27th race in Ringold Ga is looking like its goign to have some vintage race cars on display also. Can't wait.

Higgy's Henry and saltflats like this.
  15. And some new faces too ......

16. loudbang

loudbang

Old Josh is right good at this TV stuff he needs an agent. :p

17. TLB@HCG

TLB@HCG

One of the old cars came from your neck of the woods...it didn't get raced all that much, but still a pretty neat piece. Hoping I can round up some more.

loudbang and Dog_Patch like this.
  18. Ha! You must be talking about one of Russ' cars :D

19. Wow WillyB! Do you have a build thread? We have several Vietnam vets in the group - I always prod them for stories. When I joined Uncle Sam's Misguided Children in 1981 the public opinion at that time was still bad. Your jarhead haircut guaranteed that the guy at the auto parts counter was going to ignore you until you left the store. Glad times have changed.

loudbang and cs39ford like this.
  20. Working on running the valves on the hemi at HOT (so far the valves were always ran cold) this is why I don't try to run valves at the track. Almost every one of the wires pulled out of the boots. I assume the heat has something to do with it. Rarely did this cold. So some swearing was done and I found a full set of the ceramic insulators. Not planning on racing in the rain ....

IMG_3246.JPG

Now its full trad :D The other stupid thing I figured out - the Autolite 66 plugs I was running are resistor plugs. Swapped to an NGK BP6ES non resistor. Hope this cleans up the loading up at idle with the MAG.

IMG_3250.JPG

And then this happened - I did not encourage him ;) I have enough stuff keeping the car running. I gave him and old lawn mower that wouldn't run and told him to sell it if he can fix it and buy some shoes that are not pink :D. So he fixes the mower - pawns it for $100 and buys an engine to build a go cart. He is picking up the welding pretty fast I gotta say.

IMG_3247.JPG

IMG_3253.JPG

21. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Will I see you Saturday?

22. Cool project. Don't know about that short sleeve welding jacket...makes for some interesting tan lines. :D IMG_3247.JPG

Dog_Patch, cs39ford and Gammz like this.
  23. glrbird

glrbird

Wait a minute, where did he get the metal and welder? That is considered encouragement. You have infected another innocent soul.

sonic03bluegt, loudbang and Dog_Patch like this.
  24. cs39ford

cs39ford

image.jpeg Another one on his way to 4 wheel mayhem way to go. Got to love it for sure

Dog_Patch likes this.
  25. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

And it's technically a straight axle haha

Dog_Patch and Higgy's Henry like this.
  26. AmishMike

AmishMike

WOW, getting a leg & arm tan & hot slag into pink shoes - that boy going to be jumpen'.

loudbang likes this.
  27. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You are going to have to git another lawn mower for him to fix and sell so he can get some bigger tires.

cs39ford likes this.
  28. Yeah man can't wait!

I like to think when I was young I wasn't that hard headed - but I can't tell him anything.

LOL he didn't want to spend any $$ on tires. He won't listen to me so I enjoy watching him learn the hard way :D

I also told him not to get a puppy - they attract chicks and then its all over.

IMG_3260.JPG
    IMG_3263.JPG