Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Value of this 1933 Buick 90?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by worthop, Aug 18, 2016.

1. worthop

worthop

I am trying to help an old neighborhood lady out. This was her father's car. Has been sitting for around 40 years.
    She wants to sell it, but has no idea.

Attached Files:

2. worthop

worthop

Attached Files:

3. Does it start,turn over?Get more pictures of interior.Best bet is to ask the Buick folks on the AACA site to get a good estimate,and probably a buyer.Looks like a nice car.

4. worthop

worthop

Hasn't run in 49 years, and needs interior ( forgot to mention that) image.jpg

5. worthop

worthop

image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

LOU WELLS likes this.
  6. F&J

F&J

33 Buick is a one year front end styling as far as the nose, and is quite popular with Buick guys. The 90 is the biggest, which I believe is considered a "full Classic" by the CCCA.

Put it on AACA, in the general topic forum, not the Buick forum. That general topic will get the most views if you ask about how rare is it, or something to attract interest in the title. Good way to fish :)

Headlights are wrong, and the twin chromed horns are gone.

7. LostBoy

LostBoy

That's beautiful. Probably worth a lot more than I have.

8. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

That Buick is a valuable car, especially as it is in such good condition, even allowing for the condition of the upholstery. Remember that 1933 was the height of the depression and the 90 series Buick was the biggest and best of the Buicks. Most were built on a 138" wheelbase with only the a town car being bigger with a 142" WB, I believe. Obviously, the cost limited the number built. It was because of their size and rarity that the CCCA may recognize this car. Also, 1933 was a stand alone year as neither the 1932 or the 1934 Buicks could be used for interchangeable body parts. Remember also, that GM based cars were all built using wood as the super structure for the sheet metal. Be sure to ensure that the wood is solid. If not, that could turn a nightmare.

I had a 90 series Victoria, which I turned into a hot rod which drove the restorers absolutely bonkers! It was such fun. It was a feature in Street Rodder sometime in 1992. I loved that car, but it had to go so that I could work on a 1948 Cadillac. There are many times when I wish I had it back as it was such a rare car and so very unusual.

Good luck finding a new owner for this ultra rare car. I wish it could be me!

302GMC likes this.