Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features symco whats going on

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 210sedan, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Make it by noon on Friday and we will exchange your wristband for one of ours. Free.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. TheFish

TheFish

It's really time you stop lying to the public. I could write a novel on how much you've lied about and the things you've done in the past 7 yrs. You can't live on forever the way you have. Somethings got to change or your going to have a pretty miserable life. I used to think of you as a good friend until I saw who you really were. Sooner or later your going do have to answer to something for the things you've done. I'll give you credit for starting a great show but that's it. You lost the venue because of your arrogance towards people and treating others with disrespect.

Sent from my SM-N920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. I'm not one to talk much about things, but enough is enough! The fact is there are two shows happening at the same time. One is at the old grounds with the majority of the old "staff". The other is at the new EAA grounds with some of the old "staff". Both will be great shows. Decide which you want to go to and leave it at that. Last I checked we were all men not a bunch of teen girls. I personally support the Unionville show. After the way Mike bashed my club and my wife I have no use for the guy. It's getting real old reading all the drama on the internet, but funny how all if it is only coming from one side. Only one person keeps running their mouth. I wouldn't trust his word on letting you in for free. He can't even give refunds to people because his account is "empty" right now. Must be all those fancy flyers and posters ya made.

Rooster 6, x-shift and TheFish like this.
  4. screw all this trash talk. im staying home. I really don't need all the drama.

hallrods, Hellfish and Chucky like this.
  5. I have a show to put on....you guys can create as much drama as you want....it's about hot rods and having a good time. We left. Get over it. This isn't a popularity contest, it's a hot rod show.

oneratfink57 likes this.
  6. TheFish

TheFish

Sent from my SM-N920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Rooster 6 likes this.
  7. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

Are you bringing the mean green fuel coupe to the Cheaters show? If the weather holds I'll go to Oshkosh. I don't care much about the venues or promoters, bands, beer prices, vendors, pinup contests, minibike races, flame throwers, car club awards and whatever I go to car shows to see show cars, I'm hoping the first class EAA grounds will bring in the top rods and customs......and I like the chance to win a 51 Chevy for $10, that's cool.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    oneratfink57 likes this.
  8. No. There has been plenty of drama with that show also.

hallrods and BigDrag like this.
  9. 210sedan

210sedan
    from upnorth,wi

Well maid it to Symco today,was a great show
    What the hell changed?

NUB-BIN and TudorJeff like this.
  10. charlesincharge09

charlesincharge09
    from Wisconsin

11. 210sedan

210sedan
    from upnorth,wi

3 cars is that it?

wolverinegolf likes this.
  12. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

No there were more but just those three cars would have been better than anything at Unionville

13. Flathead Fish

Flathead Fish

Considering that teal Lincoln was at Symco most of the weekend, the cars were pretty good.

14. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos

I'm pretty sure Voodoo Larry did not take his car to Symco as they were featured @ Oshkosh. Not saying there wasn't another similar car just not Voodoo Larrys cars

15. 210sedan

210sedan
    from upnorth,wi

I don't know about that. But than I not a big fan of customs, that white one is really out there.
    do like the grill in the merc. who is Voodoo Larry? related to 3 window Larry?

16. Larry unloaded the voodoo Hawaiian on Friday morning and it stayed put all weekend.
    This is a hot rod page, save the drama for Facebook. I can spend an hour telling everyone how full of crap Luke the fish is, I'd rather stick to the subject of this forum.
    And yup, I have a few refunds to process. Soon as my paypal account gets some cash back in it I will. I transferred cash out of it right before the show to use. Sorry that I used registration money for show expenses....I thought that was what it was for.

We had a great turnout despite the weather. We had ZERO mud or water issues. Nobody got hurt and most everyone seemed to enjoy the place. Most of Our swap meet and commercial vendors had successful sales numbers. I know a couple swap vendors did as good or better than last year with half the amount of people. I sold a car, which made me happy.

We had a slow start on Friday but Saturday made up for it. I think people didn't understand we don't have issues at our new location when it rains.

I'm super excited about the amount of 100% period correct cars that came. We had a kick butt display inside the airport museum. Flying in the 1928 trimotor ford and seeing the entire show from the air was the coolest thing I've ever done at a car show. I got to see my house and shop too from above.

The 1965 and up crowd came out to support our new location. That was cool to see. We have room for everything now but can still do our hot rod and custom show the way we want to. We had a one owner 1967 or 68 GT350 mustang show up. Was bought new here in town and still lives here. Those guys brought mini bikes too!

The amount of vintage campers was as many as last year and many seemed to be a little nicer. Many roughed it in the 101 Woods but a lot took powered campsites in general camping. We sold mainly powered campsites and had people from all over the country show up.

One of the surprising things out of the weekend was how the EAA staff embraced the vintage bicycles, mini bikes and golf carts. We had so much fun driving everything around and the place is so huge that it's perfect for it. The security and police were very relaxed as long as everyone stayed under 15mph.

Some things we are working on for next year...
    Moving to a different part of the facility. More buildings. Move the show to within the camping area. Utilizing the theatre in the woods for bands instead of what we did this year. Also moving our inside vendor building to one of the expo buildings. Moving camping to spaces with sewer hookup on top of water and electric. Offering powered swap spaces and making the swap meet closer to camping as well.

We are starting the ball rolling on doing a drag race on the runway. Moving to this other area of the grounds makes that work well.
    A&W and I talked last night about doing restaurant style seating and also real drive up ordering with car hops for show cars.

We also hope to do some workshops next year. Metal shaping, welding, etc. they are set up for that kind of stuff here and already do them.

We scored on this new place and can grow it to something really incredible. We can't wait for next year!!!

[​IMG]

oneratfink57 likes this.
  17. oneratfink57 likes this.
  18. Gerg

Gerg

I see you mentioned Luke the Fish, he is a long standing member of the Vagabonds car club and head of promotions and donations I would like to know what you have to say about him.

Rooster 6 likes this.
  19. Has nothing to do with hot rods, my beef with him is legit and go post on your own Facebook wall of you want to create drama.
    You know where I am, you can come see me or call any time if you have a problem.

Back to kick ass stuff from the past weekend....
    [​IMG]

20. charlesincharge09

charlesincharge09
    from Wisconsin

Some more kickass stuff from the show. Vintage rods, customs, planes, and boats!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LONG and Max Gearhead like this.
  21. 210sedan

210sedan
    from upnorth,wi

thanks for the pic's Cliffy, that Indian 4 is sweet!!!!

22. telv1s

telv1s

23. buick fan

buick fan
    from Symco wi

We will willl be having another show in Symco this year. I welcome everyone to stop by and enjoy what is being offered in the little town of Symco.

Attached Files:

oneratfink57 and beebing like this.