Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 14, 2013.

1. brad2v

brad2v

Glad to hear you're safe Gary. And don't play nice, I prefer your unfiltered opinions :D

2. You did good Gary and if I had the threat of fire racing down towards me, I would of been panicking like a Mother of a Bride on wedding day who can't find the bride. We had the story of the homeless guy on our news here which is sad in so many ways that he felt he needed to do something like light fires to get attention.

3. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Cheeez , lighten up ,no one said " Do it NOW !!

4. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

You know guys thanks for the unsolicited advice. I'm sorry it upset me that you thought it didn't cross my mind to just back right up to the trailer or that I had never seen a front bumper hitch when I was expecting good idea Gary for thinking of pulling your trailer out of the dirt with a come-along and getting your roadster loaded before the flames got to you.
    Thanks all for the support.
    Gary

5. Best of luck to you, glad the fire has passed you by. Man, for someone who's seen so much, you have such a negative point of view. Feel sorry for ya.

daddio211 likes this.
  6. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

And you think what I write is who I am? I feel sorry for your shallowness. I'm just fuckin with you but not really.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    need louvers ? and falcongeorge like this.
  7. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Okay guys this is who I am. Not what I write. I've posted photos of my ugly bucket below so lets get back to posting some of your uglies.

I don't know nitro you might be in some of those shots. Let us know.

Gary

IMG_0227.jpg IMG_0285.jpg SANY0091.jpg SANY0094.jpg SANY0096 (1).jpg SANY0096.jpg

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  8. Glad to see it all worked out for you, Gary! I've been there twice before too! The 2003 Cedar fire I was at work at the base a d couldn't get home for a week (all the cars were here and the fire burned all around me but never got here. I stayed at a friends house and we and another friend a coup!e of miles away alternated getting evacuated several times so we kept moving cars back and forth between the two houses) and the 2007 Witch Creek fire (I had moved most of the cars to the first shop by then, and it was right in the path but the house was safe. I was starting to think the cars were determined to burn!). Then I got the new shop closer to town and I think their fairly safe there, cinder block construction, nestled between old Hwy 80 and I-8, and a nice big paved parking lot I can push everything out into if I had to! Again, glad it passed you by, scary stuff!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Thanks

These are scary times in the western U.S. with the drought. Fires all up and down California. I was so relieved I got the trailer hooked to the motorhome and the roadster loaded up. My regular tow vehicle the flamed chevy step side is down with a blown head gasket and I wasn't sure it's hitch would fit the motorhome's receiver. Thank Gawd for standardization. Everything went smooth as glass in just "two hours" of the morning. Thinking I'll keep the roadster on the trailer until all close fires are out but keep the trailer hooked to the motorhome for a quick getaway. When this is all over I'll disconnect the trailer in a spot where I can "just back right up to it".

Word to self. "Just let it go Gary."

10. Anything happening out there? JW

11. Got mine running briefly, but the bearings in the water pump decided to go south! Waiting on the new pump to arrive.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Hoping for fine weather this weekend go for a drive and blow the winter cobwebs away

Sent from my ZTE R84 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. Nothing heard from Fred & no updates to his album for a month or so; hope he is not "missing" again.

14. I'm still missing in the States. JW

15. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Hey Jeremy...Glad we could catch up at Bonneville. Still fighting my health a bit, but I`m too ornery to let it get me. Looked like you and the missus had a great trip....:):)

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Man, an uncharacteristically cool summer night in Phoenix brought out lots of cars to our little cruise night on Central. Been too long since it was actually comfortable to roll the 'Bucket around!

26 T Ford RPU, RICH B and dana barlow like this.
  17. Been a great trip Paul and to catch up with you on the salt was way cool. I almost went to the Central cruise in Phoenix last night but a bit of a haul from Kingman. Went to the Hot August Nights show in Kingman instead, had a great time. There were about 5 ugly Buckets on show. JW

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Okay, it's been a while since I checked in. My "in box" is full of "Are you okay?" conversations. I'm doing great! I took a 3 week vacation on South Padre Island and my lady friend wouldn't allow me to bring the laptop or talk about cars. Her family has a time share condo and I respected her conditions. It took 3 days to dry out my brain. Withdrawls suck!:mad:

Upon my return home, I was refreshed and ready to get back in. My friend with the MIG welder is very busy, so plans to use his welder fell through. So, I powered up my landlords ARC welder and jumped in. Everything is welded in and while some of the beads aren't pretty, the penetration is 100% and that was my main objective.

So, after welding the brackets in, I installed the front end pieces to check for fit. I'm VERY pleased.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

My next steps will be a panhard bar install, rear coil overs, radiator brackets, complete the front end and throw some tires on her. I just got back from giving my engine guy some money and he'll be doing the bottom end soon. I'm no longer in a hurry. I'm just taking my time at a smooth pace and enjoying the journey.

Cheers!

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Another view. I've put 100 miles on that 2x4 in front of the kick up.:D

[​IMG]

21. This T Modified really got my heart going. :cool::cool: JW
    [​IMG]

22. It's good to see you back, Fred.

Blue One likes this.
  23. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Today the rear shock mounts came. I needed them to set the location of my rear end and the radius rod mounts. First, I made sure both radius rods were the same length. Then I mounted the shocks in their location. These shocks are for layout only. I had them laying around and today they became useful. I mounted the radius rods and used tape to mark the frame. When the panhard bar arrives, I'll weld it in along with the radius rod mounts and radiator tabs.

Now, truth be told, this was a LONG drawn out affair. My level, angle, calculator and a length of string got a work out. And as always, at the point of giving up, the last time was a charm.

So, here are a few pics of today's progress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Okay...... no T Bucket news. So........

25. A Boner

A Boner

image.jpeg What's the H.A.M.B. consensus on the latest Speedway Motors effort?

26. nobux

nobux

Part of me thinks it's cool, the other part thinks it's like that really busty girl in high school that always wore baggy sweatshirts.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I really kinda dig it! I remember as a kid, just about the time things went haywire for the family, my dad was talking about and collecting things to put fenders on his green 'flake 'Bucket.

But i have always sort of been a fender-0-phile....

28. Im on the fence on it. At least its not a copy of another, the front fenders wont stay good for long that close to the ground. JW