Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage So what the HELL is wrong with the HAMB?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Could someone please explain what the advantage of having an APPPP over a website is? Or do they only work on phones?
    I don't have a mobile phone but I hear about these APPP things all the time, if they are so good, why do websites still exist?
    I will now go and light a fire and send smoke signals to order a delivered pizza.

2. What I do for a pay check - encrypt credit card machines - those new chip cards ? Well sometimes they don't work...and again it's a software issue....we turn it on and off and on and off.....someday.....

3. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

I use the app almost exclusively too. Took awhile to get used to it through its various versions but I like it. I've been getting those alerts when I post with a pic but if you're patient it will post. I've never had any issues with posting on the app, and I post tons of useless, smart ass comments.

Oh yeah, adds are !

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

daknow but outa expand the eara through 72...lol

5. Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Ryan. I'm sure that for every person on here that is reasonably "tech savvy" there are literally hundreds more who are just old school characters who love and appreciate traditional hot rods and customs. We will persevere.:D............Don.

6. Caprice89

Caprice89

Both website (on the PC) and app (on the phone) work fine for me. Posting, opening, etc no worries.
    One thing annoys me. Becoming a member would get rid of the ads. Since a few weeks, there are ads in the app. I don't want ads. Please take them away.

Leaking oil? No, sweating horsepower

young'n'poor likes this.
  7. I'm going to be in the minority here, but I'm sure there are still a large # of others; I just won't sit behind a computer anymore, unless I have to do a quick work thing for my business, so I now associate laptops with working, (which I am a bit tired of these days, I work 60+ a week, that's enough of that monkey business)

I use a smartphone for 100% of browsing the web. I take a crapload of coffee breaks, sit for a moment and see what's new, or at Dunkin Donuts in the morning, making dinner, etc. Now that I've made the switch to a new super fast iphone, I just can't go back to a desktop, kinda like when I switched from a pager to a cell phone.

On my Iphone 6 the HAMB app is fantastic, when it's temporarily down, the hamb website on a phone is just too clunky, so I wait until the app is up again. Once the bugs are out for Android phones the app will reign supreme, you guys did a great job with the app. Imho, it only expands your audience, people who will only use a desktop will always have the site.

About the ads, anyone who digs the HAMB should sign up and become an Alliance member, it's only $50 one time. The people that put their time and effort into this site gotta eat too, and there's infrastructure that costs $$$. The ads disappear too. When you take the family to friendly's it's more than $50, or when you buy some bits and bobs at the auto parts store, so don't act like their asking for your fake leg and glass eye too.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Nailhead Jason, OzyRodder and Bam.inc like this.
  8. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Thank you. I thought it was my computer.

9. My old desktop is showing bars on the top right, when loading pictures.
    I am just reporting not complaining....
    Now I'm going out to find some Testors model cement!

Scott Mannion and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. GeeRam

GeeRam

Tapatalk is a waste of time ...... can't be arsed to use forum(s) on phone, partly because I just prefer using a keyboard and mouse, so only use PC/laptop to view/post.
    I know of several other forums that are having long standing issues with Tapatalk and I wouldn't bank on them fixing anything quickly.......

loudbang likes this.
  11. alchemy

alchemy

I'm still having problems with the app on my Razor too.

12. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I just tried to use the app on my I phone 6 which I hadn't used for awhile, asked me to log in and after I tried to the screen replied invalid request, now what? Entered my e mail and said my account doesn't exist and can't get back to home page. ??!?

13. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Do I have to open a Tapatalk account to use the app? Can't get into the app on my I pad either, said my session timed out,WTH??

14. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

I have been an alliance member for a couple years now. I had been noticing the annoying ads while using the HAMB app. Then I read where someone said join the alliance to get rid of ads. That's when it dawned on me that I had let my membership lapse. Duh. Anyway, I tried to join through the app,(which I was logged on in) and it asked me to log in. ? I tried, but got the error message. I closed the app and logged in through Safari on my iPhone. I will try to renew my membership this way to see what happens.

15. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

hahaha
    I don't own a smart phone and never will...I'd rather sit at the computer in my comfy chair nekid :eek:

16. grifcarnut

grifcarnut
    from Tucson Az

17. Darn Larry,I'm worried about you. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    loudbang, Mr48chev, kiwijeff and 4 others like this.
  18. ^^^^^^^^^^some things cannot be unseen

loudbang, kiwijeff, 3wLarry and 3 others like this.
  19. [QUOTE="3wLarry, post: 11655723, member: 53...I'd rather sit at the computer in my comfy chair nekid :eek:[/QUOTE].......................Don't turn on that web-cam:eek::D

loudbang, Mr48chev, pat59 and 6 others like this.
  20. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

That blue ink stuff came from a spirit duplicator, commonly known as a Ditto machine. But who really cares about such minutia.

21. Big_John

Big_John
    from Upstate NY

I've tried Tapatalk on a couple of different OT car forums that I was admin on. It never impressed me and I found that it wasn't being used enough to warrant jacking around with them so I removed it.

22. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No complaints what so ever! Rock on...

23. I guess I don't understand the advantages of an app. I browse the HAMB on my phone with the regular web browser, no problems at all.

24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Alls seems well tonite (that would be Wednesday wee and early...;))...Cheers... thumbs-up.jpg

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. jeffd1988

jeffd1988

This is the only way i use hamb is by a mobile app. Hope this goes all well.

26. WallingfordHotRods

WallingfordHotRods
    from Seattle

I appreciate you not cancelling the app. It's my only access. No computer anymore

Sent from my SM-G900T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

PC only for me. Things look different now (like last time things were "updated and improved"). Things that were bold now aren't. Lines of red lettering in places where others have posted pix and when I link to them I get a HAMB error page and no photo. ???? Gary

upspirate likes this.
  28. Scott Mannion

Scott Mannion
    from Scotland

I completely agree with you (apart from the 'nekid' bit!). I had to buy a smartphone for my work and have only recently figured out how to switch it on. It goes against the grain to own a piece of machinery that claims to be smarter than you.:confused:

loudbang likes this.
  29. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Thx for the update Ryan.
    No problem. When the app gets finicky I just go into a browser and get my fix.
    It'll get repaired I'm sure.
    Don't hang on a computer much. App is normally a better choice for me.

lothiandon1940 likes this.