Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Mac's Auto has moved???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jrblack30, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Just talked with a friend who works closely with Mac's Automotive. He told me they packed up everything from their Lockport location and moved it all to Florida. He is reporting that he is having trouble getting parts from them. He is a model A restorer and he has been their in house engine builder for years.

Can anyone else confirm this?? Kinda sucks, but kinda knew that it was coming since Ecklers bought them out a while ago,

2. brasscarguy

brasscarguy
    from seattle

The word is Mac's is no longer owned locally but now part of a huge conglomerate from model t to Tri Chevy's. They also own Snyder's apparently. So they have total control of model a parts distribution and sales. Expect the prices to soar. The word is all warehousing and sales will be out of Florida.

Sad commentary on family owned businesses, the bigun's swallow up the smallun's. Corporate greed over and over. Interesting that Mac's were not open and above board to notify their long time loyal customers of the change, it was all hush hush.

Just sayin'

brasscarguy

3. My friend said they showed up with a bunch of truck and loaded it up overnight and gone.

4. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. Recently I ordered a couple of items from them, they told me I'd have them Friday (one week), Friday came and went, so I called them, only to be told that they moved everything to Florida, and my parts could be another week and a half..maybe.
    Would have been nice if the original order taker, had told me that (he obviously new of the situation).
    I canceled the order, and had the parts in 3 days, from another supplier.

6. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

I received some parts from "Mac's" in 4 days, last week.

7. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Eckler acquired Mac's in 2012 and it was common knowledge here, on Fordbarn and pretty much everywhere, hardly what one would call "hush hush."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Tim and Hnstray like this.
  8. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

MACS has sent numerous emails, apparently to those who have often times picked up parts at their store (to avoid the ridiculous shipping charges ??), stating that they are remaining in their Lockport location and are not planning on relocating to Florida or anywhere else.

9. roundvalley

roundvalley

I am confused. Is MACS still in Lockport or now in Florida?

10. 5window

5window

This is from their website,today. Eckler's bought them, moved the warehouse to Florida, tech is in Lockport as is a showroom. https://www.macsautoparts.com/store/mac-showroom/

roundvalley likes this.
  11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Sad, but a fact of life today, in that the big conglomerates scoop up the small independents. I haven't had the need lately of too much in the way of the stock type stuff they sell, but when you need some 12/24 screws or other stuff that Henry used and nobody else, then they are invaluable.
    I don't want to get too political, as it's verboten here, but when a state gets too enthusiastic with regulations on employment rules, etc. a big company has the capital to move to a more corporate friendly climate. And they can and often do move on to the friendlier climate.

12. roundvalley

roundvalley

Thanks to 5window for the correct situation. SNAFU gone.

13. papajohn

papajohn

My friends daughter works at Macs in Lockport. Last I knew they were considering moving all operations to Florida, but I don't think the final decision was made yet. The warehouse definately moved.

14. ChopTopJimmy

ChopTopJimmy

I ordered over 20 items from them in the last month and to date have only received about half of them. They show up as TBD-Pending Shipment on all of the email notifications. Very frustrating when you are trying to get a project finished. CTJ

15. Couldn't move far enough, as far as I'm concerned
    good ridence to them !!!!

16. BLAKE

BLAKE

Yep - they've screwed up a few of my orders in the last month or so, and they blamed the screw-up last week on the move to Florida. I almost posted here to see if I was alone... apparently not.

17. mike bowling

mike bowling

How do you REALLY feel??

18. Pete

Pete

They should just move to China!

19. dan31

dan31

Maybe I'm just lucky but I've ordered a ton of stuff from them and never once had a problem.

Hnstray likes this.
  20. Rick's used to be local here, and they're gone. I'd rather deal with smaller companies if they're still an option. Direct accountability.

21. williebill

williebill

Maybe they'll have better internet in Florida so they can continue to send me dozens of e-mails a week, every week, with sale deals changing every few hours. I don't remember ever buying anything from them before, but they send more e-mails than anybody.

Surfcityrocker likes this.
  22. Dick Lobach

Dick Lobach
    from Emmaus Pa

I just received a bushing I ordered on Sat., The address on the packing slip is Lockport, NY but the return address on the package is Eckler Ind.,Titusville FL who knows?

23. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Eklers came in a destroyed Macs in 2012. I was a loyal customer since the mid 1980's and in the final years, would spend upwards of $3k per year with them. What pushed me away is the inflated shipping charges and state sales tax. Tax and shipping was 27% on my order. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be getting the message.

24. joe.didio

joe.didio

Eckler sucks, no customer service, just saying from past experience with Tri 5 parts.

25. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I got an email from them this AM... big special going on... free in-store pickup! Duh.
    I have got stuff from them in the past with no problems / delays. Can't beat the catalogs for reference, either.
    Gary

26. Bratton's in Mt Airy, MD carries Model A stuff.

27. Mikes Afordable is good also.

28. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I stopped buying from them years ago. On small parts they would charge me more for shipping than the parts cost and I'm only an hour away.

29. Bugguts

Bugguts

At least there still in the good old USA

30. Lmao, I have offered all my stuff that discount for years. Even on whole cars. :)