Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

I knew a yard owner that used game cameras to try and catch thieves who were robbing old radiators, wheels and Catcons from the newer vehicles he was still buying. And the disease that takes over the mind of yard owners would affect us all if we were them. My buddy sold two parts off a car to a retired Mississippi highway patrolman he knew who was restoring a 2 dr like it. We he went past the car a few weeks later the jackass had removed about 6 hundred bucks worth after paying 50 bucks for a grille. 66 Dodge.

2. I see plenty of space in the photos.

czuch, Peanut 1959 and 56don like this.
  3. Shoot id love to drag that home so bad

Sent from my LGMS330 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

That space isn't mine, it's where I bought the car in 2000. For $2k, someone here could take it, engine,rear, all chrome...hell the whole car. I tried selling the body on the HAMB, no takers. One HAMB'er is taking the dash.

timmy2times likes this.
  5. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

The car first, then the body only on this site. Clear ILL. title in my name.

6. for what your going to get by junking it you should keep it whole and donate it to the local vocational school and then take a tax deduction

gonmad and bigheadbaxter like this.
  7. I like the 1940 Mercury coupe in the pics, parked in front of a small barn

8. Bomb, you probably should have learned this a long time ago, but the HAMB is '65 and earlier, no muscle cars. Let's keep on topic.

9. Bashnscratch

Bashnscratch

That has to be a fairly rare car? Can't be too many of those made because of the war machine kicking in? Some one must be able to save it????

Bash

czuch and timmy2times like this.
  10. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

How rusty are the floors? Always liked 41 Pontiac Torpedo sedans. Any current pics? Course, I already have too many projects......

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  11. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

Are you really sure that you have too many projects? I have someone that wants to buy the dash, and I have someone from Germany looking at it. I'd rather sell it than part it out . The floors are solid except for the front of the drivers side, and under the back seat left side.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    timmy2times likes this.
  12. Yeah, well, maybe, the Bomb is a bit off topic but I never realized or even thought that many Super Birds would be just sitting around rotting. And WTF! a 300SL, may not be H.A.M.B. friendly but I wouldn't mind it parked in my garage.

gonmad and czuch like this.
  13. [​IMG]
    300SL's can be on-topic... they just need the right paint job :D

Peanut 1959 and gonmad like this.
  14. Dash appears to be 42-48 Ford

lurker mick likes this.
  15. Critical Mass

Critical Mass

Yeah, nobody EVER goes off topic, Unless it's show coverage. Or a funny car. Or Garlits, Ivo, Kalitta or Karmasines. Or a Riviera. Or ...

Lunatic, czuch and timmy2times like this.
  16. Sitting and rotting here.Any one want to trade for it?Bruce. 001.JPG

timmy2times likes this.
  17. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Hey Bruce, That car would be a total pull over and interview with Arizona's finest about 16 feet into the state.
    The MB 190, you could retire off that without taking it off the trailer.
    The Wing cars, what a heart breaker. Go to "Cars in Barns" They have a calendar and website that makes "Sitting and Rotting" look like child's play.

18. Hahaha my pops had a white one decommissioned he drove for ever we used to go to the drive in movies in it saw lethal weapon and the great outdoors brought back memories hey that might not be hamb friendly though

Sent from my LGMS330 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. I guess I need a reminder every now and then.
    [​IMG]

selectedgrub likes this.
  20. aussie57wag

aussie57wag
    from australia

Why would such a solid,rare and complete car go to the scrap yard. There must be lots of people who would pay more than scrap for it.

21. The Bird and the Vette are killing me.

Can I have them both?

Oldmics

lawman, Bomb, clunker and 1 other person like this.
  22. They're probably in the shape they're in because their owners don't want anyone to have them.

lawman and clunker like this.
  23. nightmoves

nightmoves

That happens a lot. An owner Knows that they don't have time/resources to restore a vehicle, and would rather it rot and keep it, rather than to sell it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lawman likes this.
  24. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I want this Superbird!

25. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I thought all Daytonas were 69s and all Superbirds were 70s. Am I mistaken?

26. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

you gotta be shittin me!

56don likes this.