Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage S. Ontarians: how do you get to Louisville?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WelderSeries, Aug 2, 2016.

1. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

I'm leaving in the morning, and can't make up my mind... it's another 2 hours for me to go through Niagara Falls, but that would have the advantage of not driving through Detroit.
    Has anyone been on I-75 lately? How is the road?
    I have memories of looking down into potholes as I drove past at what I perceived to be molten lava.

Hope you have a safe drive!

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

maybe use Google Earth & maps

3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

go south on I 75

4. Just got back from a trip to Fla. Drove 75 all the way....no issues other than some construction in Ohio, but didn't slow us down at all. Left on a Thursday and returned on a Sunday

5. millersgarage

millersgarage

If you're worried about Detroit, then go thru Sarnia and around Lansing MI, and down.

But really, I wouldn't worry about Detroit.

6. wuga

wuga
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We drove back from Texas in March by way of I75. The road was so bad in Ohio that it caused severe damage to the 5th wheel. I would cross at Sarnia, my favourite crossing, and head over to Ft. Wayne and Indianapolis and down to Louisville. Both routes have lots of construction going on right now but I think the Indiana way would be better. Which car are you taking down? By the way, got my tie rods, beautiful work, thanks for the speed service.

Warren

WelderSeries likes this.
  7. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

8. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks, folks. I wasn't paying attention too closely on the way home and discovered that my GPS was leading me straight through Detroit on the way to Fort Erie. So I crossed at Detroit. It wasn't nearly as bad heading back to Canada as it was on the way down.
    Thanks Warren! I drove the coupe down.