Register now to get rid of these ads!

Eddie Martinez interiors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old Roadster, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Thanks for bringin Eddie's name out. Glad to hear he's still on the scene and I wish him full recovery. He sounds like a great guy. I just grew up hearing about him from afar.

You younger folks (who probably aren't even reading this) surely don't understand Eddie's stature in the car community. Not to slight anyone else doing the same work at that time, there just wasn't anyone else with that reputation as the best, the best known, and just The Guy To Go To. Period.

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Great thread.....no pun intended. :D I would love to see more photos.

3. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

I'd pay $50-100 for a small, but multi-pleat(rolls) swatch in pearl white...signed and suitable for framing. He is THE MAN!

4. rickster90706

rickster90706

eddie is back at USC. seems that his knee hindge got some infection and needed some attention. he stood up twice on thursday and seems to be doing just fine. he expects to get out this weekend. some new pics are on the way, check his myspace for any new updates or pics..

eddiemartinezinteriors.com

thanks, ricky..

5. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Get him up and running around I't will do him good............Get well soon

6. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I'd love to have one of those pearl pleats swatches of material from him , but if it's getting up in the $100.00 range, it's out of my price range. Tell him to keep on truckin, I've read his name in car magazines for years. Here's hoping he has a speedy recovery.

7. Cathy vitello

Cathy vitello

Eddie Martinez is my uncle and i last seen him at my grandmothers ( his sisters) funeral in December 2015. It was in Norwalk , California. He's still getting around and we loved to hear the stories he had to tell us of the older days. Loved hearing his stories

8. Is Eddie the famous 60s upholsterer? The reason I ask is in writing my Mysterion book I found Ed Roth said the interior was done by 'Tom's" shop then said to was done by Martinez in another place. Was there a Tom Martinez?

9. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Eddie was the man. I'm pretty sure that he did the Mysterion. I would believe Ed on this one, not Ed! haha!

10. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

11. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Eddie did the "trim job" on my 40 Tudor (above pictures) back around 1990, it still looks like new. Note the floating pleat headliner, as Eddie called it. He also did my 32 highboy in maroon leather. He would hand stuff each individual pleat, giving them the full, round effect. I think that's become a lot art because of the time involved.