Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects any interest in a open wheel truck build ?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Pug}{maN, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Door panels made IMG_20160529_200053.jpg

AHotRod, T-roaster and kiwijeff like this.
  2. Trucker Jim

Trucker Jim

Looking good

Jim

Pug}{maN likes this.
  3. Frank280ZX

Frank280ZX
    from Wageningen
    1. A-D Truckers

Nic ebuilt im planning on something similar (gloss paint) i bought a bolin brother 'rat' as a starting point. That stirred the water here ;) anyhow great inspiration here! Amd i have most of the cool parts. Great looking truck!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    Pug}{maN likes this.
  4. Start on the wiring

Attached Files:

5. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I saw the bike in back photo a page or so ago...I think I saw your truck at the NSRA Show in Springfield...Right? Either way....digging it!

Pug}{maN likes this.
  6. Has not been to a show yet, and thanks !

7. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

good for you bud looks great

Pug}{maN likes this.
  8. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Congrats on getting to drive it, Looks good, What happened to your finned valve covers? the alternator being lowered to the bottom of the engine to where it was more hidden might look a little better and a more traditional looking mechanical fan might look a little better too in my opinion but what works is ultimately what matters most. No disrespect at all by my comments, just observing. Im sure you will be having more fun tweaking things. Keep up the good work and again congrats!

Pug}{maN likes this.
  9. When I was installing the motor it fell on the ground and cracked the valve covers, the low Mount alternator bracket I bought will not fit because it hits the steering box, the motor sits too low in the frame to use a traditional fan so I had to go Electric, but I've seen some alternatives to these problems and I agree with you but after three years I just kind of wanted to drive it you know all tweak on it from here on out and get it a little better thanks for the good words

10. GASSERBOB

GASSERBOB
    from USA

Looking real good.

Pug}{maN likes this.
  11. willymakeit

willymakeit

Reread the posts .
    Nice build. Mine is a 50 A50 Mack, which is the same size as your cab with Mack grill sectioned 7” and a top chop of 4 “.
    Quarter elliptical front suspension I pray I got right. Off topic motor but price was right and parts are everywhere.

12. Changed some things up on the motor .
    IMG_20190422_175612_098.jpg

AHotRod likes this.
  13. Dirk35

Dirk35

Neat build, looks like you're doing good work.

Not a fan of the 32 grill on it, but that's only my opinion of personal taste (so take it for what its worth...not much).

I do suggest from a safety stand point that you add a secondary throttle return spring in case that one breaks or falls off. This is a popular set up that is pretty cheap and it also cleans up the top of the engine aesthetically.
    IMG_2696.JPG

nunattax and Pug}{maN like this.
  14. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

Anyone interested in a open wheel truck build? Nope. -signed Wisconsin. ;) Nice truck!